Vientiane consulate

Just had a friend come back from Vientiane Thai Embassy minus a B visa for teaching at a Thai government school?

School gave the normal paperwork never been a problem before.

Reason given by a consulate official no copy of school directors ID card???

Now that’s a new one on me anyone any Ideas.facepalm.gif

Paul

Last week at Vientiane the consulate gave me a list of requirements for those wanting a 'B' visa:

1. Original letter from school to Royal Thai Embassy or Consular Section

2. Original letter from Educational Service Area Office to Royal Thai Embassy or Consular Section

3. Copy of employment contract

4. Copy of ID card of person who signs in letter no. 1

5. Copy of school licence

(6. Is in Thai and I can't read it!)

Hi all,

Am planning to go next week to the same consulate for an Ed Visa. Is a ID Card copy also required?, I have all the necessary except that.

I am becoming a student, and not working in a teaching position.

I have looked at the link, and note ID Card Copy for those whom endorser for a Non B.

Any advice is great.

Nothing new about that. Both sides copied and signed. Have been refused for the same reason. Refused another time because the Directors signature was longer on one copy of the paperwork than on other copies. Refused for not having letter for "waiver" from Board of Ed. Most schools do not have a clue nor do they have one employee responsible for taking care of paper work for Non B's and W.P.'s for foreigners.

You have to tell them what is necessary and even then many times they just do not understand the process and procedures, having never had to go through it themselves. I get tired of educating school directors and the like. You have to check all the documents with the checklist of Docs required from the school and doc's required from you, make 2 copies for your own records, so you will know just what was necessary, for the next Non B, or extension that you will need.

They can email you the copy you need. Ask them for some money for your trip, since they are probably not paying for your Non B or W.P. Doubtful they will give you anything but ask, they tend to listen more when money is involved. On one ocassion I had to wait 5 days in Vientiane for the copy of the Directors I.D. to be emailed to me, as the school could not understand what I was asking for. $15.00 in phone calls from a phone/fax service to the school, asking for the directors I.D. as I did not have a Lao sim card at the time.

Edited by Colabamumbai

ID card is on list of required documents here: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/en/consular/consular_check/

Yes nothing is changed.

Your "friend' has chosen a not suitable language school or happened only a simple mistake.

Go back and submit complaint but I can tell you in advance which will be their answer : .............aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by Loles

Thanks Joe.

I was sweating a bit then...... the school cocked up my paperwork, wrong names, passport numbers etc. Having to double check everything.

Yes jack, this is their job. To mix everything then say: ..........aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you have to check yourself everything and if you find any mistake do correct by them.

and my favorite when you are finished and you say: thanks, no-one says: sorry for our jam. they say only: welcome.

ID card is on list of required documents here: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/en/consular/consular_check/

Yes nothing is changed.

Your "friend' has chosen a not suitable language school or happened only a simple mistake.

Go back and submit complaint but I can tell you in advance which will be their answer :   .............aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That was in reply to the OP not for the ED visa question.