Rechargeable MP3 Recorder with/Mic

212traders

I live in Chiangmai. I need to find a rechargeable MP3 recorder that either comes with a mic (prefer a mic with a clip-on) or has a mic input. I need it by tomorrow (else I would buy online) for an event on Wednesday. The purpose of the mic is so that the speaker doesn't have to hold the recorder.

I tried Pantip Plaza. The only one I found does not have a mic input.

Does anyone know where I can find one in Chiangmai?

I am not sure if you can find it in Chiang Mai, but look for a Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder. Bare bone it is about $90.00 US and will take an external input but is so small it can be used as a mike by itself. It is not rechargeable but takes one AA battery. Zoom says it will record for 10 hours on one battery.

If you can get hold of a mini disc recorder that has a mic input with "plug in power" (red ring) for an electret mic AND a small electrec mic (protudes 15mm)... you will get excellent recordings.

OR; suggest getting a small clip on mic on doing the recording on a laptop.

Edited by RandomSand

You have plenty of options open.

Sony and Olympus sell many models of specialized digital voice recorders and they are available in ChiangMai. - small and handy,fit into shirt pocket.

My smartphones can do the same trick with external mike or internal.

The same about my digital cameras - only Pentax has external mike input,compact Canon - small and handy - no(in video recording mode).

You can find also those secret video/voice recorders in form of pen,wrist watch..;I think - pen is reasonable solution;massive presence of them in electronic shops!

Do not forget about tablets,laptops,walkmans and mp3 players.

Early ipods did not have any recording features,today however they joined the crowd.

There is small problem with mp3 format - there are many other formats in use,and plenty of application/software which will convert into mp3.

You have to test your system before the event!

If you have a SMART phone the record facilities on that should suffice.

Indeed. Smartphone/Tablet/Phablet + Bluetooth or cabled mic would do nicely for little extra cost.

Personally I prefer Android devices but even iThingies can do this.