All roads lead to Metropolitan Police Bureau : Suthep

Lite Beer

Excellent speech ,he summed up the puppet yingluck after his talks with her and the shameful police who fire tear gas at peacefulnprotestors and failed to protect the ramkhamhaeng students when their red buddies rallied next to the uni. Time for the army to come out and support the people.

" peacefulnprotestors" you re either blind or a joke...
the police were firing tear gas and rubber bullets when they were in a barricaded compound ,hey you blind joker

You misunderstand the purpose of the barricades - like the protesters do.

The barricades are to protect the protesters - if the police didn't put them up they would have had to use sterner measures, such as in Canada, or the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_iutoQPvY

Edited by airconsult

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif A number of posts have been edited or deleted along with posts replying to them because it seems intolerance and the need to insult anyone with a different point of view is not limited to the streets tonight.

Keep it civil.

• Like 2

If this lunatic get his demands fulfilled, Thailand will be another Cambodia with Pol Pot (Suthep and his people power) running the country.

A very grim future for Thailand ...

If thaksin got his way with a rubber stamp senate, the result could be the same.

Suthep isn't going to end up running anything.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Love or hate him, at least Suthep is not afraid to stay in Thailand and quite possible have to answer to the law in the end unlike the other guy who continues to remain in exile and has absolutely no-intention to answer to no one.

This seems to be one of the key points that resonates with his supporters. He has definitely enriched himself from corruption too in the past and must have amassed enough to live comfortably abroad, even if he can't afford Thaksin's two private jets (one is a spare). He now faces a significant risk of going to prison.

Suthep has declared last night that he will not run. Therefore, since there is no-where to hide in Thailand, Jail is a distinct possibility for his future. However, you would have to wonder if Surat Thani Police will ever enforce the arrest warrant in the end. You must also take into account, on this occasion, that no Police from the South are involved in this crisis as most have been carefully hand-picked from the North.

Also given the difference of opinion between North & South in recent times, the concept of Thailand being divided into seperate states, just to keep the peace, could not be ruled out in the future you would think, that is of course if the Constitution is ever reviewed in the future. Otherwise, we can expect more the same in the Los.

Edited by MK1

"A key target is a complete reform of the police department. The police will not be masters but genuine servants of the people."

Some might say that if anybody were to pursue an agenda of fighting corruption in Thailand, a few agencies do spring immediately to mind for reform. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/544156-ombudsman-royal-thai-police-found-to-be-most-corrupt/

I doubt we'd be hearing this now if the police had happened to back him up though.

True, if you have a corrupt police everything else is corrupt.

Agree but they are the effect and not the cause. The RTP report to the government which is the core of this cancer. The numerous malfeasance and dereliction of duty lies squarely as a responsibility of government which have done nothing to improve the farcical standards of police work in Thailand.

The RTP are allowed to do what they want within the public domain without fear of sanction or punishment.

Blame the parents and not the ignorant children. Take away this mantel of protection and they would think twice before trying to extort tea money.

Another interesting battle plan by Suthep...concentrate your forces on one target.

I'm guessing it's not a surprise attack...

Page 1 of the Thai Manual of Strategy - " announce everything you plan to do in advance ".

Tarit of the DSI has it down to a fine art too.

Love or hate him, at least Suthep is not afraid to stay in Thailand and quite possible have to answer to the law in the end unlike the other guy who continues to remain in exile and has absolutely no-intention to answer to no one.

This seems to be one of the key points that resonates with his supporters. He has definitely enriched himself from corruption too in the past and must have amassed enough to live comfortably abroad, even if he can't afford Thaksin's two private jets (one is a spare). He now faces a significant risk of going to prison.

Therefore, since there is no-where to hide in Thailand, Jail is a distinct possibility for his future

Kamnan Poh managed quite well for a while...

If you ask me, I have never seen police as passive as the ones I have seen in the past couple days. Lets step it up a notch!

No lets not bring it up a notch, they are acting admirably considering imo. Just a few more days of the children stamping their feet then everyone has to go home regardless.

Roll on Dec 5

• Like 1

If you ask me, I have never seen police as passive as the ones I have seen in the past couple days. Lets step it up a notch!

Where were you in 2010? These guys are hyperactive comparing with their actions in 2010. They literally did not lift a finger back then. Let's not forget that Thaksin was one of them. Old habits die hard. Once police officer, always police officer.

There are new squints and nudges being knocked around. The newest ones indicate Suthep has the backing of the military, and another coup is in the offing. Note Suthep making demands and then remarking the military "supports the people" (sic). Then note the Parliament is suddenly asking foreign governments and the UN to support democracy...a sign of desperation.

Here we go again. The reset button is about to be hit.

Again.

I am struggling for words, how to describe what I am just thinking.

The guy is seriously suffering from delusion of grandeur!

He's a pooyai with a following in the palm of his hand. He is in heaven. If he told this lot to run off a cliff how many would do it?

Well he has something in the palm of his hand for sure.

I will be getting the popcorn and beers for this showdown. So far the yellow shirts have proved to be just that, they declared yesterday victory day and there was no victory. Tomorrow is the next deadline, and there will be no resignation.

Hopefully the BIB will stick it up them.

• Like 1

This is horseshit. Suthep has as much of a chance of seeing a jail cell as the red bull killer.

The Thaksin bribed police force are fighting for their jobs today so this can become a very bloody end game. Hopefully when this all is over Thailand can get a professional and honest police force.

If the police are now Thaksin bribed for responding with tear gas to an armed mob, was the army Abhsit and Suthep bribed when they fired live bullets into red shirt demonstrators killing over 80 people?

It's a professional and honest police force's job to control an anarchist mob in every country around the world.

What do you want now?

The Thaksin bribed police force are fighting for their jobs today so this can become a very bloody end game. Hopefully when this all is over Thailand can get a professional and honest police force.

The RTP are the only institution left supporting the Thaksin proxy government, the business sector, education and military are in open revolt or at least distancing themselves from them, even the redshirts have deserted them. Politically they have a growing protest movement openly displaying public discontent and calling for their removal.

Suthep has put the BIB in a very delicate place, do they stay with Thaksin and the status quo, or do they switch sides. At the end game they would want to be on the winning side or risk loosing power and position. It may come to a split in the ranks with some seeing the writing on he wall and desert the government and rebel against their peers, while other fear Suthep's anti corruption stance and fear the repercussions if he and the anti government protestors are victorious.

• Like 1

It is really Amazing how people can forget the meaning of democracy.

I don't mean Bangkok middle class because I never thought most of them really have understand it or even care to learn meaning of that. Democracy is just a nice word for most even more educated Thais. Think about for example Hitler's pictures at Chulalakorn University campus. I don't mean them but I mean we Farangs who should understand. I think some writers here are. They let emotions to control their opinion like now anti government Thais. Democracy is right only if lead by right people? Otherwise is right to change legally elected government? Right?

Thaksin was surely corrupt. But is that the reason for all this what is happening now? We know that in Thailand there are a lot of corruption and Shinawatras has been really not only who has involved it it. Surely Bangkok elite is involved in corruption before and now. But Bangkok people are not interest in that. Corruption is excuse. There are much more obvious reason to hate Shinawatras. Actually Thaksin's populistic policies transferred money to north and north east. Bangkok City people hate to think that they are controlled from north from country side. That's the biggest reason to hate Shinawatras. Bangkok middle class want to keep power but in democracy it's difficult if u are outnumbered by rural poeple. That's why democracy is not good anymore and they want military coup again.

Suthep is also responsible for about 100 deaths during 2010 red shirt demonstrations. That time live bullets were used commonly compared to rubber bullets now.

• Like 1

Excellent speech ,he summed up the puppet yingluck after his talks with her and the shameful police who fire tear gas at peacefulnprotestors and failed to protect the ramkhamhaeng students when their red buddies rallied next to the uni. Time for the army to come out and support the people.

I guess you forget that suthep was the one that ordered the millitary to open fire and kill 90 people with SNIPERS????? She may not be the best but by far she was elected by the people and not APPOINTED. he says PEACEFUL but he means all these people protesting can die for me.

• Like 2

I am struggling for words, how to describe what I am just thinking.

The guy is seriously suffering from delusion of grandeur!

you wish

You wish to put power in hand of a megalomaniac ultra nationalist.

I live in Bangkok, and the idea to see Suthep get power without someone to "contain" him, scares me.

What about you?

It doesn't scare me at all. Anything is better than being ruled by people who actually do not live in Bangkok. As a matter of fact, not even in Thailand. Surely, they will never represent all Thais. Obviously you have short memory of red mob militants bullying and terrorizing ordinary Bangkokians for months. Give us a break.

You really do not have your mind in order do you? I guess you forget that your wonderful Suthep ordered the army to open fire at THAI PEOPLE with snipers when90 died. And Bangkok is not the ONLY place with THAI people. Try the whole country. You are not the ONLY thai in Thailand. So get your act right. Oh yes Rememeber the airports being closed and all the damage you did to the government house back a few years ago?????????????????

• Like 1

Suthep is a desperate man. Desperate and dangerous.

King Fred and Mackie, do you truly despise democracy that much?

Unfortunately even if they are wrong, the will of the majority must prevail. You simply have to accept that, the alternative is madness.

• Like 1

It is really Amazing how people can forget the meaning of democracy.

I don't mean Bangkok middle class because I never thought most of them really have understand it or even care to learn meaning of that. Democracy is just a nice word for most even more educated Thais. Think about for example Hitler's pictures at Chulalakorn University campus. I don't mean them but I mean we Farangs who should understand. I think some writers here are. They let emotions to control their opinion like now anti government Thais. Democracy is right only if lead by right people? Otherwise is right to change legally elected government? Right?

Thaksin was surely corrupt. But is that the reason for all this what is happening now? We know that in Thailand there are a lot of corruption and Shinawatras has been really not only who has involved it it. Surely Bangkok elite is involved in corruption before and now. But Bangkok people are not interest in that. Corruption is excuse. There are much more obvious reason to hate Shinawatras. Actually Thaksin's populistic policies transferred money to north and north east. Bangkok City people hate to think that they are controlled from north from country side. That's the biggest reason to hate Shinawatras. Bangkok middle class want to keep power but in democracy it's difficult if u are outnumbered by rural poeple. That's why democracy is not good anymore and they want military coup again.

Suthep is also responsible for about 100 deaths during 2010 red shirt demonstrations. That time live bullets were used commonly compared to rubber bullets now.

I do not think it has anything to do with the flow of money to Isaan. Nobody from what I see is concerned with that flow if it is channeled into improvements in education for example...(current government how many months term per education minister again is it? 4 already for this government's term of two years...the train fell off the rails in how many hours? is it even perhaps minutes...its Keystone Cops stuff...sadly its a country with beautiful people, huge potential but it is being trashed by corruption and lawlessness in the guise of a whole lot of groups all in their actors suits and colours,.. yaa for the colours.

To me it seems what some thai people are seemingly against is just how far above what is reasonably, morally or politically, acceptable law in all areas of governance are they as a society prepared to tolerate". Certainly there is a huge ground swell against giving amnesty to peoples court convicted criminals, not accepting the peoples courts rulings, giving passports to peoples court convicted criminals, the list is endless and in China the perpetrators would be shot, in the good old US of A impeached? and in most of the Westminster government systems that some of us are fortunate to live by imprisoned for what this lot are doing. Solve that first and then attack the corruption and all the other garbage that is holding the place backwards. Suthep and all other groups need to stand down tomorrow, respect the next period with "thai smile" and then play out the next session. Yingluck would be wise to use that time to offer full 'coup de gras' to the Amnesty bill and Suthep then should have no axe to grind and in a normal society if he wished to continue, his arse should be arrested, but there goes the Keystone Cops stuff again..whats that Cap? he's had an arrest warrant out "for how long!!!"... and he does not have Parliamentary privilege either Cap!!! Jeez...seriously you could not script this better...choo choo and there's a MInister on board too, at least he offered his resignation from his stuff up. He should honour it.

Wish the army would shut this down--for both sides. I don't like the prospect of what tomorrow promises.

If the Army "shut it down" things might get just as bad. Especially if they try this during the night.

Thai wife feels if the Army, rolls the tanks onto the streets the same as they did the last time

The Thai people would welcome them with open arms and flowers

The police will run and hide

and Thai MPs will be on the first flight out of Bangkok

The Bangkok streets will be covered with flowers

True or Not

Not my place to say. I am just a guest here in Thailand, this is her country

My only feeling are to many Farlang stirring the pot that not even live in Thailand

In the west this is old stuff to us--politicians lying, opportunists jumping in and making their own bandwagons..it is old hat to us. Makes me think of the old joke: Q:'How can you tell when a politician is lying?' A: 'Their lips are moving'.

This is all new to Thai culture. We are seeing a culture evolve, and few see such things in their lifetime. Yes, in fits and starts. But things a r e changing.

I hope they choose the path of most change for least pain.

In the late 60’s I walked on the streets with other members from my university

We stood up to the all mighty US Governement

we Sang the Famous Bob Dyland Song

It was the youth of that year that learnt the the people must be listened to

we went up against a police for 10 times better than what you are up against

we did not fight, we did not destroy, we hurt no one we just all sat down in the streets and sang this song

be brought every major city in the western world to a stand still

and we won against odds that you can not even imagine

all you need is to understand

Together we are unbeatable

but devided we can easily be walked over

the minute you start fighting

you loose the backing of the average person