Hotels In Bangkok

gazza99

Can anyone recommend a good budget priced hotel in central Bangkok (say around 800 bht p/n for an airconditioned double room). I will be travelling with my wife and would like somehere close to shops and skytrain. One suggestion I have received is the Sawasdee Inn in Khaosan Rd - is this any good? Any suggestions much appreciated....

Can anyone recommend a good budget priced hotel in central Bangkok (say around 800 bht p/n for an airconditioned double room). I will be travelling with my wife and would like somehere close to shops and skytrain. One suggestion I have received is the Sawasdee Inn in Khaosan Rd - is this any good? Any suggestions much appreciated....

[/quote

OPERA HOTEL, Phetchaburi Road Soi 11. (Down the soi from the First Hotel.) If you want a more "bar free" area this is a good choice. About a 12 minute walk to the nearest Skytrain stop at the Asia Hotel. Lots of shops, street vendors and both a huge computer/electronics mall (Panthip Plaza) and a huge garment center (Krung Thong Plaza) available nearby.

No nearby Skytrain stop in the KSR area.

Ratchada city hotel, out on Ratchada 800 night, huge beds, air con, swimming pool, cable tv good food. Walk to the end of the road and you have the underground.

1,3,5,7,9 Soi Pracharajbumphen Huaykwang :o