Buying a New Bike

Muppetbkk

Yes you can. I have financed a car and a bike here. The hard part is you have to find a Thai person that qualifies to sign guarantor for you. It's a bit like a co-signer. Many requirements for that. During my latest attempt to finance a bike, I was approved, but I went though probably 10 Thai guarantors that didn't qualify. The nice thing is they don't check your credit back home. After the bubble popped, I couldn't finance a cheeseburger back home. Here my credit is perfect.

• Like 1

Well, I wish I was a millionaire but I'm not, unless we're talking in THB. :P still I wouldn't finance something that I can buy out right with cash and a scooter isn't that much money really. You in general end up paying a lot more on finance.

I'm not sure what sort of scooter the OP is talking about however, 170,000 is a cost of a brand new Kawa z250, it's more than one needs for a brand new Honda CBR 150 or 250 and even rumored 300 shouldn't e more than that.

A 170,000 scooter? blink.png If it's a 170K bike you're talking about, then my advice doesn't really apply, so go ahead with what NomadJoe suggested.

Well, I wish I was a millionaire but I'm not, unless we're talking in THB. tongue.png still I wouldn't finance something that I can buy out right with cash and a scooter isn't that much money really. You in general end up paying a lot more on finance.

I'm not sure what sort of scooter the OP is talking about however, 170,000 is a cost of a brand new Kawa z250, it's more than one needs for a brand new Honda CBR 150 or 250 and even rumored 300 shouldn't e more than that.

A 170,000 scooter? blink.png If it's a 170K bike you're talking about, then my advice doesn't really apply, so go ahead with what NomadJoe suggested.

It is a Honda Forza. Obviously if i was going to buy a bike for 20-30k I would not have even made the post regarding finance.

I just bought a CBR 150 .. Initially, I thought about getting the missus to buy it on credit, but decided it was too much grief.

Showroom One: Without even talking about the down payment, they said she ( a thai person ) would need a Thai guarantor. We dont have any suitable good friends here that would be willing.

Showroom Two: First, asked how much would the down payment be ( 50K on an 83K bike ) they agreed, gave us a bit of an interview to establish she is also a teacher, after i got their attention i tried to drop the down payment to 50%, but they would need a local guarantor and letters from her employer. We got the payment plan sorted, over a year, it was peanuts, 3K a month, the only thing they wanted to see would need to see the green book and deeds of our ( rented ) house. They were going to finance themselves, not through a 3rd party like Aon or whatever, so there were no credit checks, just on face value.

She could have waffled the landlord and got the deeds for 30 mins, but i just got the cash moved from the UK instead.

As your WP is valid for a year, they will only finance over a year. Seems like if you persist, get an initial sum that interests them, do some talking and have the right paperwork ( like a contract for your condo / house ) you can do it, but just seemed a lot less hassle to pay straight up.

ETS: Sorry, not green book .. but Tabian baan.

+ They also may see the date of renewal on your WP and see that as the maximum length of finance.

Have you thought about asking your employer to buy it for you, then get them to deduct the monthly payments from your salary.