Protesting against Thailand's Big Brother

webfact

Sure the authors opinion is slanted but what he is saying is the truth - IMO

I agree he's right on the "money"

I've been saying for months that the level of corruption PTP has been executing will be shocking once revealed

• Like 2

"Elective dictatorship"... sure you can make a case with such an innovative and original phrase.

Before the oligarchs and nobility didn't have any issue to get Thaksin supporters removed from power for corruption or ineligibility, if Yingluck's governement is so corrupted it shouldn't be that difficult to get her legally removed too then.

Probably they are corrupted, but not less than the other side. Reality is that the "democrat" side deems they are the only ones who are legit holding power in Thailand, regardless of what polls say.

• Like 1

Why is there no international warrant out on Thaksin? I am sure that if there was and a reward was offered ( bring him in alive only) there are numerous bounty hunters that would love to bring him in.

Besides this is not the USA, it's all... Money talk coffee1.gif

I'd sooner have Judas Iscariot as PM with Ali Baba and the 40 thieves as his party rather than the current pack of treasonous and venal traitors*.

*treasonous and venal traitors - someone who would sell parliamentary vote to a fugitive criminal intent on plundering the country.

Agreed, at least there would be some honour amongst them not like the current brown-nosing idiot clambering over the top of each other trying to be first at the trough every morning.

• Like 1

Why is there no international warrant out on Thaksin? I am sure that if there was and a reward was offered ( bring him in alive only) there are numerous bounty hunters that would love to bring him in.

Why alive? don't waste good money on freight charges.

• Like 1

"Elective dictatorship"... sure you can make a case with such an innovative and original phrase.

Before the oligarchs and nobility didn't have any issue to get Thaksin supporters removed from power for corruption or ineligibility, if Yingluck's governement is so corrupted it shouldn't be that difficult to get her legally removed too then.

Probably they are corrupted, but not less than the other side. Reality is that the "democrat" side deems they are the only ones who are legit holding power in Thailand, regardless of what polls say.

"if Yingluck's governement is so corrupted it shouldn't be that difficult to get her legally removed too then."

I fully agree that it shouldn't, but it isn't. With the DSI firmly in Thaksin's pocket it is literally impossible to legally remove this corrupt regime. And even if it was managed by a court decision it would be labelled as a judicial coup by his paid propagandists and, with sufficient infusion of funds, the red hordes descend on BKK again.

"it shouldn't be that difficult to get her legally removed too then."

Apparently you don't live in Thailand or don't know the situation too well... It would be virtually impossible to remove a government official of the ruling party side at the moment - and if the changes that triggered all the protests were to be allowed, it would be impossible to remove them ever.

That's why all the protests - exactly as the article says - mind-blowing amounts of corruption that have only existed at this level during one particular groups turn in government.

In 2006 the corruption triggered the Army to step in (selling a communications satellite used by our military to a foreign unfriendly power - Singapore), and in 2013 the people have again had enough, this time triggered by the Amnesty Bill.

And this written by one of the leaders who took over the airports in 2008? So so surreal......

Well well, he was there once or twice as a speaker. He wasn't a leader. Like all politicians go to the stage now and then. Last Saturday the current Interior Minister was singing a song (while holding Arisman's hand) on the Red stage. So please don't dramatize the whole thing.

Fact is that the contents of Kasit's story is fair and correct.

"Probably they are corrupted, but not less than the other side"

And today's thread, reporting that Thailand is far more corrupt now than a few years back, shows that the current PTP-led coalition-government under nominal leadership of PM-Yingluck is indeed markedly more corrupt than under the Dems.

There's corruption, and there's S-Clan Corruption, in a class of its own ! wink.png

Roll-on the overview-lite flood-control spending, and the nebulous infrastructure-plans, who cares if the country spends the next 50 years paying for them ? facepalm.gif

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

Populist policies may buy votes, but, they take away the determination for self-improvement and the value and ethics of hard work.

I hardly think he's ever had to slave away in a rice paddy for sweet F.A.

Populist policies may buy votes, but, they take away the determination for self-improvement and the value and ethics of hard work.

What's football got to do with rice ??? unless it was the Irish FA, because of the PADDY field. ??cheesy.gif

Sorry mate just had to do.

• Like 1

How is the Interpol request going?

How the hell did this guy get into the conversation. Last I heard he was lost in the basement of survanabhumi with a foot clapper begging for someone to show him the difference between his ass and his elbow.

ฺBack to the article, Kasit hit the nail right on its head. Well done!

Looking at the format of the Aljazeera page, with Yingluck's intellectual interview in the middle, there is hope that finally the (whole) world is starting to know with the Shins are all about.

What's football got to do with rice ??? unless it was the Irish FA, because of the PADDY field. ??cheesy.gif

Sorry mate just had to do.

Grim mate. Truly grim laugh.png

Slavery? Not a bit of it. There is a labour shortage in Thailand, plenty of alternative work. If rice farmers aren't happy with their income/work load they can walk away and find other employment, or vote for someone who will give them money.