Starting over in LOS

homeownership

HO I agree with you and if I could insert "buy affordable great quality wine and cheese" then my life here would be complete

Starting over is all relative.

Where do you start over again after Los ?

Wine and cheese is affordable if you know where to look for it.

'Bin' wines for circa 300/800b per bottle and cheeses...Gouda 1kg 400b, Vintage Cheddars 1kg 750/800b.

HO I agree with you and if I could insert "buy affordable great quality wine and cheese" then my life here would be complete

'Bin' wines for circa 300/800b per bottle and cheeses...Gouda 1kg 400b, Vintage Cheddars 1kg 750/800b.

Argentina! where bin wines are more like 150 to 800 baht per bottle (and in greater variety)! Never mind the cheese, which they have at affordable prices - they do a mean carne asado! Beef - what's for dinner!

• Like 1

Yes you can,, in Vientiane, Laos. Many wine and cheese importers there, must be the French influence.

• Like 2

Yes you can,, in Vientiane, Laos. Many wine and cheese importers there, must be the French influence.

where do i find those? Im heading there shortly. How do you keep the cheese fresh?

I just came back from oz, supermarket mature cheddar 1kg 200-300bht :-(

I moved to Thailand 11 years ago and the few times I went to my country of origin,, I "took my jacket off", which I call Europe and started to feel "normal" when arrived at the airport in Bangkok.It's actually called coming home.-wai.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 2

where do i find those? Im heading there shortly. How do you keep the cheese fresh?

How can you call cheddar cheese? Okay, your username might explain it. -coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

For me Thailand has been a "life-changer" in many ways, but that is mainly due to my Girlfriend. If not for her, I think Thailand would have taken the best out of me, as I would have not been able to resist the many temptations here.

One of the things I like most here is the relaxed attitude towards life. I really feel much more relaxed than ever and also much less ambitious, when it comes to e.g. work. As long as I am happy, can pay my rent and eat every day, then thats enough for me. For me Thailand gives you the ability to live a good life, without being constantly stressed and worried.

• Like 1

Argentina! where bin wines are more like 150 to 800 baht per bottle (and in greater variety)! Never mind the cheese, which they have at affordable prices - they do a mean carne asado! Beef - what's for dinner!

Thailand with Argentinean beef, wines, and cheese??? That will be a real Paradise! ......Teaching Tango dancing to a beautiful Thai woman??? Just Heaven!

• Like 1

Just be sure your eyes are absolutely wide open, visit many, many times, don't burn bridges and don't expect the Thailand you see today will be the same next year or the one after, either for better or worse. There should be a thread about cheese....

• Like 1

How can you call cheddar cheese? Okay, your username might explain it. -coffee1.gif

okay mr mc cheese what to do you recommend? make sure you tell us where to buy ANY affordable cheese rolleyes.gif

Edited by mcfish

I would say, unless he is looking for cheap hookers, go somewhere else.

Warm, cheap places

Equator

Chile

Brazil

Argentina

Mexico

India

Florida

California

That's the places I would have gone.

Of course I was looking for cheap hookers, so I came here.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

Cheddar Gorge-ous, must be ripe.

jb1

For me, Thailand is a place to vacation for as much as several months. Then I want to go home.

When I've had enough of smelling garbage in the air, being afraid to drink the water, seeing litter everywhere, seeing idiots on the road, and all else that's third world, I reluctantly leave the beautiful women and the things that are best about Thailand but I never fail to feel more like I belong when I step off that plane in the US.

There is something about belonging, and knowing I don't need anyone's permission to live or move about or own my home and land, and being a citizen with a right to just be that has value.

But that's just me.

• Like 1

Of course prices are relative,if you are well off,you will be happy paying £15.50 for a bottle of average wine,and £15 - £16-00 for a kilo of mature Vintage cheddar and never realise it's half the price in Europe,and the best cheddar,and other,cheeses stay in Europe,Scandinavia,Canada,Germany...................

This seems more like a wine and cheese thread. As an aside my wife has actually taken to cheese after the initial aversion of course.

Thailand is fantastic. Sure it has its downside, everywhere does. But the bad things are easy to avoid and the good things are everywhere.