Thailand perceived corruption ?

kingstonkid

The rating of perceived corrupt governments are is just out. http://www.transparency.org/cpi2013/results

Thailand was 88 in 2012 and now can congratulate itself in falling to 102 in the ranking.

For those that are interested..

REAL CONGRATULATIONS TO New Zealand, Singapore and the Scandanavian countries for being the top 6 LEAST CORRUPT COUNTRIES

clap2.gif AUSTRALIA AND CANADA tied for 8th - Interesting considering that both of these countries got the cast offs from the UK which ranks as 14thwhistling.gif

Unfortunately the other cast off colony (U.S.A.) is 19th in the world. thumbsup.gif

I'm not sure using perceived corruption to be any good. What happens when the corruption is systemic in the system and the population is not aware of it. We have huge construction and political scandals coming in these days in Montreal regarding construction companies bribing elected officials so they can get contracts and it has been going on for decades. We have a few mayors from some of the biggest Canadians cities being arrested right now for corruption. One of the biggest engineering firm SNC Lavallin is also caught in these scandals and how it has been doing business in shady parts of the world like Lybia. Organized crime is rampant in construction and I'm sure it is the same in other provinces/countries. What about the Duffy scandal with the federal government that is still ongoing, or all those government employees that tries to get away with using money for their own gains and benefits... I could go on and on. And we rank 9 according to this.

This is just about Canada, but I am sure it happens everywhere else... Thailand doesn't look that different to me...

I'm not sure using perceived corruption to be any good. What happens when the corruption is systemic in the system and the population is not aware of it. We have huge construction and political scandals coming in these days in Montreal regarding construction companies bribing elected officials so they can get contracts and it has been going on for decades. We have a few mayors from some of the biggest Canadians cities being arrested right now for corruption. One of the biggest engineering firm SNC Lavallin is also caught in these scandals and how it has been doing business in shady parts of the world like Lybia. Organized crime is rampant in construction and I'm sure it is the same in other provinces/countries. What about the Duffy scandal with the federal government that is still ongoing, or all those government employees that tries to get away with using money for their own gains and benefits... I could go on and on. And we rank 9 according to this.

This is just about Canada, but I am sure it happens everywhere else... Thailand doesn't look that different to me...

To understand big one needs to understand small first.

In thailand its rotten from top to bottom and accepted by many, most !

But that's where I'm getting at, in Thailand corruption is apparent in Canada it is not so apparent but it is there and big time. Is it really better though one or the other? I mean systemic corruption of whole industries like construction is damaging to the economy and to tax payers who pay more in taxes because of all the corruption that is happening that is not apparent.

Edited by tool84

But that's where I'm getting at, in Thailand corruption is apparent in Canada it is not so apparent but it is there and big time. Is it really better though one or the other? I mean systemic corruption of whole industries like construction is damaging to the economy and to tax payers who pay more in taxes because of all the corruption that is happening that is not apparent.

Is one really thought better than the other?

Here is another example: let's say one country has 1.000 traffic- deaths in a year- another one has 20.000...would one be thought better than the other?