Thai woman reports beating by Russian Tourists on Walking Street, South Pattaya

webfact

Thai woman reports beating by Russian Tourists on Walking Street, South Pattaya

russia-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Wednesday Night a 29 year old Thai Woman reported an assault by two Male Russian Tourists on Walking Street, South Pattaya, in the early hours of Wednesday.

Khun Orapan, who had a black-eye, and upper-body bruising, explained to Police at the Station on Pattaya Beach, that she was walking home after attending a friend’s Birthday party on Walking Street and stopped to purchase food at the Northern entrance to the street.

russia-4.jpg

She claims a group of two Russian men and a Russian Woman walked past her and one of the men grabbed her backside. She screamed and out of anger kicked the Russian. Both Russian men allegedly grabbed Khun Orapan and struck her several times as the female Russian looked-on and laughed.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/111132/thai-woman-reports-beating-by-russian-tourists-on-walking-street-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-12-05

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its disgusting that these people not only have boorish, oafish revolting manners but are cowards to boot.

I guarantee that neither one of them would have done this alone.

Yes quality tourists indeed!

My sympathies for the Thai lady. ..

I am with the Thai woman on this one.

Personal involvement with an incident regarding a drunk Russian man being one reason.

His particular attitude towards Thai women being a factor......

And the way they Russians do seem to drink themselves crazy and exhibit a boorish attitude.

People need to learn to keep their hands to themselves 'outdoors'......there are opportunities indoors!

Those quality tourists...........biggrin.png

Mods are going to be busy here..... biggrin.png

Maybe won't be so busy. Except for any need of booze, only so many ways to say the same thoughts.

Generally good girls are not on Walking Street Pattaya in the early hours of the morning but that's besides the point.

No one should be assaulted for any reason.

In this case given the Russian nationality the police will probably send the girl on her way after making her feel small. Anyone else they would have gone down and picked up.

This is the type of tourists we don't want. They seem to assume that all Thai women walking along Walking Street are prostitutes.

I don't consider m myself a tourist, but I'd assume that most Thai girl/women in this area are prostitutes.Or are we talking about a different walking street in another country now?

Clearly you are lost in Isaan, you should get out more often. Every night thousands of ladies ( mostly in Chinese tour groups it has to be said ) walk down Walking street. What gives anyone the right to grope them in public ? Many of us in stable relationships have to walk "in this area", we live here. Ah yes, we should lock up out wives and daughters, they may assault a drunk man's hand with their backside.

He may be lost in Isaan, but I be most of the Isaan girls on walking street sure know their way around. Sorry, but with 20 ladies in short skirts heckling you every 10 or 20 feet, It sure is a ripe situation for grabbing and pulling on both sides of the fence. Whats so shocking. Nobody deserves to get beat up regardless.

This is the type of tourists we don't want. They seem to assume that all Thai women walking along Walking Street are prostitutes.

I don't consider m myself a tourist, but I'd assume that most Thai girl/women in this area are prostitutes.Or are we talking about a different walking street in another country now?

I agree. when i go out with my thai wife and her friends no one want to visit any disco around walking street. I asked them why???

They all say: only prostitutes would go to walking street. and they are Thai.

They maybe exaggerate but they are thai and they know Thai people better .

• Like 2

No, you're not a tourist, just a fool, there are cooks, waitresses, cleaners, hotel workers, not to mention Thai women just out with friends, or Tourists themselves from other parts of Thailand.

And even If a prostitute, they have the same rights as anyone else.

Couldn't have said it better. There is for some reason, can't imagine what, a general view from those ensconced in the jungle, that we're to be pitied here in Pattaya and all the ladies are looking to earn cash on their back. Even if that was the case, which it most deffo is not, then what business is it of anyones anyway? The opinions seem to come from a negative bunch of creeps with very little experience, perhaps a few days holiday, with a very poor view of Thai women in general?

As for the article, Russian drunken boorish buffoons, no comment necessary really, just wish she'd had some assistance when it happened.

• Like 2

I take offence at what you say

I am a part owwner of a large tourist boat that is moored at Bali Hai

sometimes it is late when we return to dock, and have cleaned up after clients have left

My thai wife walks back to our Condo via Walking street

So yo are saying she must be a prostitute

would you like to repeat this to her 2 thai brothers

• Like 2

I agree. when i go out with my thai wife and her friends no one want to visit any disco around walking street. I asked them why???

They all say: only prostitutes would go to walking street. and they are Thai.

They maybe exaggerate but they are thai and they know Thai people better .

In my experience, Walking Street is just as much an attraction to Thais than to foreigners. First comers, holidayers from all around the country go to Nong Nooch during the day and Walking at night.

As for those living here, there are teachers, waitresses, students etc. who all dress up and go for a good party in Insomnia, Marine or Lucifer once in a while, whilst also enjoying 100% Thai atmospheres on third road, depending on their mood.

• Like 1

When i read the title I was first amused.. It reads as if two drunk russkies were beating walking street.. I was wondering just how driunk they were. Mixed feelings about this - those two animals and their slag friend should get just deserts for what they did. But I'ce walked through Walking street and had my ass and nether regions grabbed by girls (I hope) and it's not pleasant. Could it have been that they thought they were simply "playing the game"? They should have just walked on right enough but sometimes these things happen not from ill intent in the beginning

Most Russians are well behaved and do not do like that.

The fact that they were a group of 3 suggests to me that they work in child protection like world vision.

This is high season and Pattaya is awash with drunken NGO's looking for a fight.

My crotch was grabbed by a street worker in Pattaya and while I laughed it off the aforementioned would have been a proper reaction. Do we know it didn't happen?

A two guy beating - you cannot be serious - surely!

The truth is that there are 2 sides to every story. I'm sure if the Russians were just holding her down and beating her, someone would have intervened.

Perhaps the woman might have been intoxicated and the Russian might have even accidentally brushed up against her, sending her on a rampage kicking and screaming (as angry Thai girls usually do). And it is possible that they just restrained her to keep from attacking them and she accidentally got hurt in the process (even by her own hand).

I'm not defending anyone, just saying that there are 2 sides to this and I have seen many Thai women get angry and go crazy by attacking others.

• Like 1

Going to the beach does not assume everyone can swim...going to church does not make u a religious person...going to Walking street you will not find a church...going further on Walking street is just that walking no touching unless you pay..life is like this and we must be careful on what we do here in Thailand. Russian the newly rich do feel that they belong and to be regognized in being Russian...well many time at check out at local store they are rude going to the exit side just so that they are next..s just their way..so give them the space even if they do not know why they do this...you now become a Thai for a moment and let them have their way.