discrimination

true blue

Without sounding rude, there is a lot of farangs who appear in a Thai place, order a cheap drink and nurse it the entire night and try to impress the girls with their English ...

I think they had enough of it and did something about it...and if you cannot afford $7 to head into a place, you should probably feel this angry that life is treating you unfairly...

I think the same ones complaining have not been to Japan or Korea recently where they just flat out refuse entry whether you have cash or not as the ladies there want to only serve Asian clients.

Sorry mates...you just cannot win them all I guess...

I always see Thais with bottles and mixers and tourists nursing a beer. Saw it again all last Monday night at warm up.

...and they bring the bottle in from outside. Not sure that's wildly different. Okay Thais tend to order more food, but in doing so they also take up more space than a dude with a beer at the bar.

If beer is the issue and places prefer to serve ice and mixers then they can just raise the price of (bottled) beer to a level where they feel it works.

Can leave the price of those beer towers the same, I can't see someone hugging one of those on their own.

Which gets subjected to a bottle charge and then they make the money up on mixers. 40B for a bucket of ice, which melts fast in Thailand.

I would also say that many Thai ladies are not impressed with how foreigners approach them or try to dance with them. American style dancing doesn't go over well here. Though funny enough girls at a Luk tung place will get crazy..

I would also like to state I am stating possible reasons why they have done this, not possible reasons to defend this action.