Which Jomtien condos offer high speed internet (fibre)

balo

When I call all the internet companies here to find out which area offer high speed internet they always ask me which condo ?

And my answer is I don't know , I just want a list over all the condos with 3BB or Sophon or any other high speed internet, in Jomtien area.

Yes it so important to me that I will move to a condo that offer really high speed , fibre optical lines!

The Sophon shop in Tai wouldnt show you a list of condo buildings they have fibre to? I'm surprised because they showed it to me a few years ago.

That said as far as I know in the older buildings their fibre only goes to the lobby and the internal distribution is via the building coax. Sophon doesnt cover all of Jomtien and even in the parts they do serve some popular buildings dont have cable internet at all. Might be different in newer buildings.

Everywhere else I looked at just had normal ADSL, but I havent looked for a while. Not sure what Jomtien cable do but they have an office near the top of Chaiyapreuk, I think.

I have been to that shop in Tai but the lady there kept asking me which condo, not very helpful. Also tried several 3bb offices but same sane..

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If a condo has cable TV, and if the provider has the capability to provide Internet (like Sophon) then no additional wiring is needed since the Internet Cable and TV cable are the same and can be used simultaneously

I have heard that True offers "fiber optic" in Bangkok, and CAT has a promotion they call "Fiber to the Home" but don't know if that is restricted to Bangkok also

If a condo has cable TV, and if the provider has the capability to provide Internet (like Sophon) then no additional wiring is needed since the Internet Cable and TV cable are the same and can be used simultaneously

That's true (and is what I was describing) but that doesnt make it "fibre to the home", just "fibre to the building". The internal distribution is coaxial. That said there is nothing stopping Sophon (or someone else) from providing real FTTH by running a fibre cable to the individual room via the service areas.

I have heard that True offers "fiber optic" in Bangkok, and CAT has a promotion they call "Fiber to the Home" but don't know if that is restricted to Bangkok also

You can get FTTH in central Pattaya.

My understanding is that Sophon has fibre optic high speed internet in

Viewtalay 2A running together with their cable tv system.

That's the system I described. Fibre to the building and coax for the internal distribution. It isnt FTTH.

• 7 months later...