Thai custom duty charges for UK

serdar

Hi everyone,

I am going to live in Thailand for very long time. I have lots of used electrical items(tv,microwawe,hi-fi, food mixers, etc.. ) almost worth of £400 in UK and I want to send Thailand by sea freight. I was wondering how much will be custom duty tax for that goods and what kind of paperwork do I need for hassle free custom clearance?

I will be very happy if you could let me know with your past experiences.

Thanks for helping me.

Thanks for advice but don't you know how much I could get for secondhand goods in UK? I can't buy a one of those items in Thailand with money I could get in UK from secondhand sales.

Regards

Sardi

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OP: Thai Customs are notoriously corrupt. Do not attempt to arrange clearance yourself in Thailand. Contact a shipping company in the UK who either have their own offices in Thailand or who have a reliable import/customs clearance agency partner in Thailand.

BTW do you have a Thai wife living with you in UK, if so she can ship in her own name & no import taxes will be applied. A bit more info at:

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/individuals/importing+used+or+secondhand+household+effects/importingusedsecondhandhouseholdeffects+

• Like 1

I said they now worth of 400 pounds now, but if I buy them now, new price will be more than 3000 pounds.

I don't mind if I pay round 150 pounds duty tax + 50-60 pounds agency commission. Hopefully with sea freight if it costing me no more than 400 pounds,it is okay with me.

Buy the way, I get phones free from Orange every two years end of contract.

Listen.

The actual value of your USED items in the UK is of NO interest to Thai Customs.

They will charge import duties based on what the equivalent NEW items cost in Thailand TODAY +25% minimum. That is BEST CASE.

WORST CASE is they will make up the numbers and multiply by 2.

Do as your told and either sell your junk or give it away in the UK.

Then adjust your budget to allow for purchasing NEW items in Thailand to replace your OLD junk once you get here.

Then, realising that you don't really have a pot to piss in, you can stay back in the UK and happily keep using your OLD junk.

Thanks for reply my topic.

My used gadgets are only not valuable in UK, but if I buy similar items in Thailand or even UK, I have to pay 10 times more than what I could get for it now from second hand sale.

I couldn't get more than 300 pounds now in UK.

If I got invoice for 300 pounds total for all of them, I want to know what cost will be for duty tax and for custom clearance agency?

Thanks for your helps

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app