Websites being blocked in Thailand

MaiChai

Very strange. Cannot get to Facebook or Thaivisa.com when connected to True internet in Bangkok, but if I use my proxy server in the UK, no problems. Is this a Government crackdown on free speach in Thailand? Are they preventing Suthep and all his alies from posting information in Thailand? Anyone else experiencing this?

Hooked up my wife to my proxy server and she says no updates on anyones account on Facebook for the last 5 hours.

Border Gateway Protocol? How? Wife had problems with all sorts of games in the evening, and they all used Facebook logins... Also Thaivisa is hosted in Singapore, so its not that far away.

We shall see in the next few days if the government starts blocking Facebook as a way of keeping people from sharing information on what is really happening in Thailand.

Hooked up my wife to my proxy server and she says no updates on anyones account on Facebook for the last 5 hours.

There was a post on my News Feed 2 hours ago. From the link below there are others Internationally having problems off and on for the last 2 days if you look at the comments.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/facebook.com.html

Anybody who uses Facebook is a complete idiot.

Someone without a clue and myopic about what is available on FB. whistling.gif I have an account because of my collaboration with research groups such as Atomic, Molecular, Optical science and Quantum Atom research. Hardly put these people in the idiot category. Many FB groups out there with similar venues and used for idea sharing. Yes, I admit at one time I thought FB was just so much fluff but have discovered otherwise.

• Like 1

I have True. Facebook hasn't been working for me for 2 or 3 days now on my laptop. The weird thing is, if I go to www.facebook.com on my phone (connected to the same wifi network) then Facebook works fine. And I don't mean the mobile website, I mean the desktop website.

The Rolling Stone website has been blocked for as long as I can remember, which is only some 15 years. They sometimes have interesting articles I'd like to read. I used to be able to ping the site to get the URL as a number instead of a name, but now that's gone, too.