L.O.S. The Land of ?

willyumiii

We have all heard that L.O.S. stands for the Land of Smiles, or the Land of Scams.

I thought it might be entertaining if we see what other meanings TV users can think of for L.O.S.

What you think, and a brief explanation would be good.

They can be positive or negative.

I have thought of quite a few, but will only post a few for examples.

Land of Smells If you enjoy the smell of the street food cooking, the river, the incense burning etc.

Land of Self Due to the way many Thais drive and conduct business with that " me,me, me first" attitude

Land of Stink If the smells of the untreated sewage annoy you.

Land of Sanuk If you find Thailand a fun place to be.

I've thought of more, but wonder if others will come up with the same.

I hope this is a source of humor and not just bashing!

• Like 2

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like this is the start of another Thai bashing thread.

Land of Smells, Land of Self and Land of Stink, then you throw in Land of Sanuk to try and disguise your majority derogatory suggestions.  This lot you suggest is humour and not bashing.

By starting it, you know all the bigots and haters simply wouldn't be able to help themselves but post their nonsense (in a bid, it seems, to be both macho and quasi-funny in a neanderthal way), and that of course once their nonsense is posted it would earn them problems with the mods.

I think a similar thread on equally contentious subjects should be started every day, as it's the perfect to way to identify and get rid of the unthinking braindeads, without them even realising they're falling into the trap.

...and the bigots and the haters are of course those, who do not agree with you, that Thailand is just 100% great, although it sure has minor flwas....right?!

Unthinking braindeads?

Hmmmmm...nice!

Beacon of tolerance, aren't you?!

That's it then, I've got it....Land of Seriouslyeluded...

Anyone who thinks Thailand is 100% great, is IMO very seriously deluded..Just my opinion...:ph34r:

• Like 2

Land of Smells, Land of Self and Land of Stink, then you throw in Land of Sanuk to try and disguise your majority derogatory suggestions. This lot you suggest is humour and not bashing.

By starting it, you know all the bigots and haters simply wouldn't be able to help themselves but post their nonsense (in a bid, it seems, to be both macho and quasi-funny in a neanderthal way), and that of course once their nonsense is posted it would earn them problems with the mods.

I think a similar thread on equally contentious subjects should be started every day, as it's the perfect to way to identify and get rid of the unthinking braindeads, without them even realising they're falling into the trap.

...and the bigots and the haters are of course those, who do not agree with you, that Thailand is just 100% great, although it sure has minor flwas....right?!

Unthinking braindeads?

Hmmmmm...nice!

I might decide whether or not to say right or wrong to your question, once I discover what a minor flwas is? Just hope whatever it is, it`s not contagious?

How about LOS (Land of smiles) now there is some originality for you.

Or Land of Sunshine and some other decent suggestions other than the land of stink as suggested by the OP.

One more to throw in: Land of the sophisticated.

Land of Smells, Land of Self and Land of Stink, then you throw in Land of Sanuk to try and disguise your majority derogatory suggestions. This lot you suggest is humour and not bashing.

Beetlejuice....

So far, you have the most negative post on the thread.

I did not intend for this to be a bashing thread, no matter how much you wanted me to want that!

Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Try going back to bed and starting over!

Land of Slumber!

• Like 1

Unthinking braindeads?

Hmmmmm...nice!

I might decide whether or not to say right or wrong to your question, once I discover what a minor flwas is? Just hope whatever it is, it`s not contagious?

How about LOS (Land of smiles) now there is some originality for you.

Or Land of Sunshine and some other decent suggestions other than the land of stink as suggested by the OP.

One more to throw in: Land of the sophisticated.

The op ( I ) also mentioned the Land of Smells, good smells like the cooking food, incense and other smells I love!

You will have difficulty finding an expat without rose colored glasses on that loves Thailand more than I do!

Why must you insist on harping on the negative while claiming to be positive?

This is Thailand Beetlejuice, don't be so serious.

Land of a Sunsets

Land of Starfruit

Land of Snakes ( note to Beetlejuice: I love snakes and think they are beautiful amazing creatures!)

Land of Selfdestruction...

If things keep going on as they have been for years Then the Thai's will only have their selves to blame if it does happen, but I guess it will be the farangs fault hey...:blink:

• Like 2

The ones who have the most critical views regarding Thailand are either the losers who couldn`t hack it in Thailand and bear a grudge against the country, or got shafted by some Thai woman of ill repute when they fell head over heels in love with a her after only 2 nights of hot passion and paid sex?

For me personally, I consider myself lucky and fortunate to be in Thailand and able to afford living here.

The continuous politically bickering's  do rather spoil things, because it brings an uncertainty  to what the furture holds for us in Thailand, but besides that, I believe that those like me who can afford to live in Thailand should also consider themselves privileged and lucky. I bet that there are thousands of people in the West that would swap with us in an instant to escape their mundane lives there.

For those who can only see Thailand as the pits and have nothing good to say about the country, especially those who actually live here, must be extremely unhappy with their lot in life or have made a huge error in judgement by moving here, as it`s obvious Thailand is not for them.

It will be interesting to see how this thread progresses, and whether the negative comment posters will overpower the positive comment posters.

So do you reckon that it's only Thai women of ill repute that shaft people hey beetlejuice....

Must be nice looking through those rose tinted specs.... Do they have specsavers in Thailand yet...

Don't tar em all with the same brush beetle, you come across as a Thai apologist and then spoil yourself......

The ones who have the most critical views regarding Thailand are either the losers who couldn`t hack it in Thailand and bear a grudge against the country, or got shafted by some Thai woman of ill repute when they fell head over heels in love with a her after only 2 nights of hot passion and paid sex?

For me personally, I consider myself lucky and fortunate to be in Thailand and able to afford living here.

The continuous politically bickering's do rather spoil things, because it brings an uncertainty to what the furture holds for us in Thailand, but besides that, I believe that those like me who can afford to live in Thailand should also consider themselves privileged and lucky. I bet that there are thousands of people in the West that would swap with us in an instant to escape their mundane lives there.

For those who can only see Thailand as the pits and have nothing good to say about the country, especially those who actually live here, must be extremely unhappy with their lot in life or have made a huge error in judgement by moving here, as it`s obvious Thailand is not for them.

It will be interesting to see how this thread progresses, and whether the few negative comment posters will try to overpower the positive comment posters, as they usually do on these threads.

So do you reckon that it's only Thai women of ill repute that shaft people hey beetlejuice....

Must be nice looking through those rose tinted specs.... Do they have specsavers in Thailand yet...

Don't tar em all with the same brush beetle, you come across as a Thai apologist and then spoil yourself......

Land of Sex

That's if for many (and 'many' starts at the number exceeding the number of people that fit in a shopping mall).

I cannot come up with a lot of nouns this morning that express a positive, other than those already mentioned.

There are just more nouns that express a negative that pop up. Must be my view.

Hope Beetlejuice does not read this 555

It sure is not Land of Smiles....just look around you....and not while you're in a bar tipping...

Land of Surly would fit more.