Sealing Plastic Bags

GinBoy2

Ok, I know this a frivolous, but hopefully entertaining post, God knows we need a few.

Have any of you perfected the Thai 'art' of sealing a plastic bag with rubber bands.? I was putting some food in bags this morning ready to go into the freezer. My usual pathetic sealing of the bags ensued. Wife came into kitchen, sighed, "Oh Please", then promptly proceeded to do the 'whizzing' action, and Voila, Watertight, Airtight, and Hermetically sealed plastic bags.

Sometimes I am in Awe

Nope, I can't do it. Missus doesn't understand why I put all my stuff in Tupperware containers instead of plastic bags.

By the same token, I can never get the <deleted> rubber band off the bags to open them. I just hack off the top with a pair of scissors, much to her disgust.

Oh I know what you mean. I try, then eventually in a fit of rage take a pair of scissors to finish the job LOL

• Like 1

Nope, I can't do it. Missus doesn't understand why I put all my stuff in Tupperware containers instead of plastic bags.

By the same token, I can never get the <deleted> rubber band off the bags to open them. I just hack off the top with a pair of scissors, much to her disgust.

I just read your comment above.....told the wife, and laughter filled the room....She wants to know if you are Australian too?....clap2.gif

• Like 2

I can do it, Once I saw that the band goes inside itself at the beginning and it is finished with a quick loop over the bent over top of the bag. Mai me ben ha!

The trick to opening is finding the loopover. Flip it back over and the bag should nearly open itself.

• Like 1

I can do it, Once I saw that the band goes inside itself at the beginning and it is finished with a quick loop over the bent over top of the bag. Mai me ben ha!

The trick to opening is finding the loopover. Flip it back over and the bag should nearly open itself.

Finding the loop over is my problem....hence the scissors are kept at the ready, to assist .

We must have discovered a new measurement of ones 'Thainess' no?

• Like 1

I just read your comment above.....told the wife, and laughter filled the room....She wants to know if you are Australian too?....clap2.gif

Close enough, I'm from the other side of the ditch. Glad she got a laugh, so I assume you have the same limited dexterity with the rubber bands as me!

Here's a classic - Missus brought some food home in a plastic bag (god knows what it was, some sort of soup and noodles, but it was a large bag) and asked me to pour it into a bowl. It used to be my habit to cut the bottom corner off the bag, which I did, and realised I hadn't gotten the bowl ready. I'd had a few JD's to be fair.

I balanced the bag against the microwave with the cut corner against it and went to get the bowl. Missus comes in, says "why you not put in the bowl", grabs the bag by the sealed rubber band end and sort of whips it away in a big circular movement.

The contents literally repainted the kitchen cupboards and floor. I heard a lot of new Thai words while she was cleaning it up.blink.png

And that's why now I cut the top off instead. facepalm.gif

Are you sure you don't live in this house here too?????????....It's a bugger getting old hey?

We must have discovered a new measurement of ones 'Thainess' no?

If this is the case, I'm definitely flunking with straight F's

If it's a sauce, and you're going to use all of it ... simply cut a small triangle off the bottom of the bag, squeeze ... and the sauce simple pours out.

I never thought to do it like that ... till I watched the Thais.

Here's a classic - Missus brought some food home in a plastic bag (god knows what it was, some sort of soup and noodles, but it was a large bag) and asked me to pour it into a bowl. It used to be my habit to cut the bottom corner off the bag, which I did, and realised I hadn't gotten the bowl ready. I'd had a few JD's to be fair.

I balanced the bag against the microwave with the cut corner against it and went to get the bowl. Missus comes in, says "why you not put in the bowl", grabs the bag by the sealed rubber band end and sort of whips it away in a big circular movement.

The contents literally repainted the kitchen cupboards and floor. I heard a lot of new Thai words while she was cleaning it up.blink.png

And that's why now I cut the top off instead. facepalm.gif

Thanks for that, Brought me to tears, I pictured myself in the same situation, I don't think that wives take that sort of thing well !

• Like 1