Non-imm 'o' for support only?

Hi Folks,

I am new to your forum. It seems very helpful, so I guess I will just dive in and ask for some help. The girl I was dating came up 'preggers' as it were. Not the worst thing in the world, and Yes, I've already had a prenatal DNA test done. The tiny tyke is indeed mine. Now the question is in reference to getting a non-imm 'o' versus a non-imm 'b', since one is a year to year and the other seems at least, from what I read here to be very contingent on getting a work permit. I do freelance work back in the states for maagzines and though I can supplement my income here locally, I don't abolutely have to, at least not at present. That said, I don't plan on getting married, so her moving over to America isn't very realistic, and I don't want to live there anyway.

Can I get a Non-Immigrant O visa just based on support, birth certificate and such as that proving a Thai person here is relying on my presence?

Thanks for any information.

Regards,

Bill (about to be Daddy) Reed :o

well , now that we know what you want and where your priorities lie, why don't you think about the kid's.  Great you want to give some support, and of course that would be a whole lot cheaper in Thailand than in the states, but I am sure you never gave this any thought.  What is going to be the best for your child?  This is not some kid belonging to just some bgirl in Thailand, it is the child you created with the child's mother.  Why not concentrate on getting married and then raising the child in whatever country in the world is going to give the best chance for a full and happy life. Your interests and wants should be put on hold now-- be a father--be a man.

Dear Abby,

Please help me. I am a bad, bad person and I.....

Whoops, that's right. I posted a question regarding help on a visa, not one asking for your opinion of me. Your opinion means about as much to me as roadkill. Better yet, I'll put it another way. Number One, that closet of skeletons you own. You care to run them past us all and get a baromoter on them. Number Two, you obviously can't read between the lines. All I have been doing is struggling with the best thing for my coming child, period. I happen to think that being here is the best thing. Why is my business.

So, I'll just keep it simple. Your opinion is useless to me becuase it carries ZERO moral authority. So don't bother me unless you have some good advice on a visa. Now if you have good advice on a visa, then I will be very appreciative indeed.

Regards,

Bill

ps; I wonder how many men just leave, period, and don't face up to any responsibility.