Airasia's promotional email-how to block?

jack2964

I don't know about you but the mere mention of this unscrupulous company makes me wanna puke. Anyone who has flown with them knows about their devious underhand means they employ to make you part with your hard earned money-unwittingly.

Today I am not here to take issue with their shifty ways of extracting your money. I am way past that as I simply refuse to fly with them. Today's rant is about their unsolicited emails to me. Yes, I have clicked 'unsubscribe' but as expected the link is dead and their crap keeps coming into my inbox. I have made a request via their FB page but of course no response.

Some folks have told me simply to ignore their mail and mark them as spam but that isn't the issue, AA should have the decency and respect my choice of not wanting anything to do with them. Any advice please on how to block their mail. Thanks in advance.

I don't know about you but the mere mention of this unscrupulous company makes me wanna puke. Anyone who has flown with them knows about their devious underhand means they employ to make you part with your hard earned money-unwittingly.

Today I am not here to take issue with their shifty ways of extracting your money. I am way past that as I simply refuse to fly with them. Today's rant is about their unsolicited emails to me. Yes, I have clicked 'unsubscribe' but as expected the link is dead and their crap keeps coming into my inbox. I have made a request via their FB page but of course no response.

Some folks have told me simply to ignore their mail and mark them as spam but that isn't the issue, AA should have the decency and respect my choice of not wanting anything to do with them. Any advice please on how to block their mail. Thanks in advance.

If ur using webmail just block the domain address and I won't get anymore, if you are using mail account with a. Client create rule to auto delete the sender email account

At the bottom of these type of emails, there is usually an 'Unsubscribe' link.

Just looked at my most recent and the line you are looking for is ...

If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe here.

A simple click away ...

A simple click away ...

From the OP:

" Yes, I have clicked 'unsubscribe' but as expected the link is dead"

A simple click away ...

From the OP:

" Yes, I have clicked 'unsubscribe' but as expected the link is dead"

... facepalm.gif

I did, what I accuse other posters of doing ... my bad ... wai.gif

Actually, just to test the theory of what the OP suggests ... and he's 100% correct.

This was the message I got back ...

Thank you very much for being a part of our mailings. We appreciate the time you spent with us, and we look forward to serving you.

We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later.

This is why you should have several accounts - You use an account with a company until your sure you will want to keep the relationship then change the address to the more reg. account that does not include friends and family but other contacts. This way if you have a problem with a current newer address like this one you just close the email account and start a new one for that purpose. Managing 4 or 5 accounts to keep business away from your important accounts. Here at TV they don't have my important email address but they have made the keep list of another account I have. If I start out with a new contact they get the junk account email address until I change it - if I get a responder that won't de list me - no problem you can de list them and the whole email account with them - problem solved.

Thanks for your posts. Still no sure method to block AA. I'll keep posting nasty comments on their FB page or mark their mail as spam.

As indicated before, simply create a filter in whatever e-mail program you use to block the address the e-mail is being sent from. No need to mark each e-mail as spam although with some e-mail clients, when you do, it automatically will block any further mail.

As I'm not privy to what horrible experience the OP had with AA, I, on the other hand, found them

to be a fair alternative to flying with the major airlines,

AA is in for the money, and yes at time they can be misleading and obnoxious with their emails

and not so true "promotions" deals, but I have been flying with them for number of years now and

the trick is to loo past all the above and find the "real deals fares" with them, for example, recently

I have booked a Bkk-Melb return trip for Jan 2014 costing only B. 20,500, including meals, 30kg

language allowance, and seat selected, while TG and MAS are asking B. 38,000 for same,

In today's climate of traveling one have to be smart, not mad....