Does plane ticket price remain due even if payment time expired?

arminbkk

Say you book a domestic return flight online with Nok Air and choose as payment method Counter Service (so pay at 7-11).

You receive an sms with a payment code and you have 24 hours to pay.

What happens if you miss the payment deadline, i.e. what if the 24 hours have expired and you have not paid yet,

is the payment still due or is everything cancelled, same as if you never booked anything to begin with?

I would say the whole transaction is cancelled, but any one with any actual experience to this effect?

I've had a somewhat similar experience with booking a bus ticket through a call center and receiving a

booking/payment code for payment at 7-11 counter that had expired, rendering the booking null and void,

but no such experience with domestic flight tickets before.

Thanks

No, they won't. You have a booking, which has to be confirmed by making the payment. By not making the payment within the timeframe given the booking does not get confirmed and is void. No obligations from either side.

Until you pay this remains a "booking", once you pay the "ticket is issued". These are separate and distinct "steps".

It sounds like the booking is held for 24 hours (but sometimes only until midnight Zulu time so depending on the airline's GDS it could be less than 24 hours), after which time the booking is cancelled.

You are not liable for payment, however you may not be able to get the same price/fare bucket later as it could be sold out by then, forcing you into a higher-priced bucket.