Strueth its chilly

Showbags

A remark was removed & subsequent posts containing it & discussing it deleted. I have just removed further posts commenting on moderation & the deleted posts.

Please read forum rules before posting attempting to post on that subject again.

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late 90's there were two cold Winters when I had to turn on the heat in my car to go to work at 7am...in Bangkok! Two blankets and a jogging suit in bed, the car had a heater but not the house. Would be nice to have a chilly Christmas and New Year again, the last 2 years were too warm for my taste.

My car (Honda City 2010) doesn't even have a heater.

Late 90's there were two cold Winters when I had to turn on the heat in my car to go to work at 7am...in Bangkok! Two blankets and a jogging suit in bed, the car had a heater but not the house. Would be nice to have a chilly Christmas and New Year again, the last 2 years were too warm for my taste.

You have a heater in your car? blink.png

I didn't even think to look if there was a heater in my car when I bought it new a year ago. I was staggered to find this model only had one air bag, and didn't check it out carefully enough.

Around March I'll have forgotten about the heater..

Can't use quotes on mobile... About the heater: 1996 Toyota Corona with very basic air con, using a plastic lever rather than fancy digital like today... If you'd slide it all the way left, the air would come out around maybe 25C,useless in the normal heat but oh so pleasant in those 2 Winters. It was a rental, the last brand new one... Drove 120,000 km in 3 years, that put a look on the agent's face :-P

My wife's chevy has a heater. My pickup does not and I have often wondered why not. It gets a lot colder in the boonies where you need a pickup than it does in the city where you use a car.

In Thailand????????

Yes. It's cold, dam_n cold up north at the moment.

Where all that global warming they're going on about then?

I don't think its global warming...more like global (raining, hurricanes, typhoons, ice storms, tornado's)...yet to see the warming bit

My wife's chevy has a heater. My pickup does not and I have often wondered why not. It gets a lot colder in the boonies where you need a pickup than it does in the city where you use a car.

Is the chevy made in Los ?

I was told no heaters in los made cars just as a cost cutting exercise.

I would like to put one in, anyone know how/where?

Is the chevy made in Los ?

I was told no heaters in los made cars just as a cost cutting exercise.

I would like to put one in, anyone know how/where?

Even if you could get all the correct hoses and parts, I'd hate to do that job. Wearing a warm jacket would be a million % easier.

Is the OP in a hut on Doi Intanon? I am in Chiang Mai and wear the same shorts and T-shirt as all year round. It is cool and comfortable though right now though.

Im in CM an enjoying the cooler nights. Haven't had the fan on at all for a few days let alone air...

The cold weather recently has been surprising - AWESOME !!! I wish it was always like this, cool and no rain.

It seems colder than this same time last year.

My parrot fell off his perch this time last year, frozen solid he was found the next morning.....stiffer than morning glory

The cold weather recently has been surprising - AWESOME !!! I wish it was always like this, cool and no rain.

It seems colder than this same time last year.

My parrot fell off his perch this time last year, frozen solid he was found the next morning.....stiffer than morning glory

Norwegian Blue?

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 2

You guys make me laugh. Just finished a skype call to a buddy who is filming a ski cross event in Nakiska Alberta, Canada.

Told me it was -35. At between -35 and -40 when you take a cup of water and throw it into the air it freezes instantly

into a cloud of ice crystals.Looks like a puff of smoke. I am sure you can find a demonstration on youtube.

You guys make me laugh. Just finished a skype call to a buddy who is filming a ski cross event in Nakiska Alberta, Canada.

Told me it was -35. At between -35 and -40 when you take a cup of water and throw it into the air it freezes instantly

into a cloud of ice crystals.Looks like a puff of smoke. I am sure you can find a demonstration on youtube.

Actually makes me laugh that anyone would actually live in Alberta. Europeans travelled thousands of miles across the ocean to settle in sub zero temperatures. It's a little bit like Scandinavians in Minnesota.....Dudes you got off the bus too early, its not California yet!

• Like 1

My dog used to sleep on the tiled, front porch. Now she just looks at me with those big brown eyes until I throw out a mat to sleep on. That means c.o.l.d. Have two blankets. 58 degrees and no heater, so I moved my bed to the smaller room and the heat from the computer keeps it tolerable.

Sink water is too cold to use while washing dishes...so they are piling up until the sun has a chance to warm the pipes.

Missed several showers, as I hate getting the shivers afterwards...especially at night.

My wife likes the cold because my meat lasts longer (no need to refrigerate immediately).

• Like 1

Actually makes me laugh that anyone would actually live in Alberta. Europeans travelled thousands of miles across the ocean to settle in sub zero temperatures. It's a little bit like Scandinavians in Minnesota.....Dudes you got off the bus too early, its not California yet!

I think it was the fact that all the Canadians were oversleeping after a rough hockey game and a case of Moosehead Ale. The continents drifted from their original tropical area to a more northerly location. They are currently scratching their heads and wondering what happened. As soon as they recover, they will most likely join the rest of us in Thailand.

• Like 1

Breath vapors - really? The dew point has to be quite high for that to happen - 15°C and 50% humidity I believe. It's cool here in Bangkok but also quite dry... impossible to see breath vapors under these conditions.

Actually 'cool' is not the right word. It's between cool and warm, and only a fan on low setting is needed to sleep at night. These are typical mid-atlantic summer conditions in the Eastern USA.

Have you ever done that water thing? I tried at -50 C but it didn't really work.

You have a heater in your car? blink.png

I didn't even think to look if there was a heater in my car when I bought it new a year ago. I was staggered to find this model only had one air bag, and didn't check it out carefully enough.

Around March I'll have forgotten about the heater..

Screw the heater, I'd be more concerned about whether your (only) one air bag is certified w00t.gif

Putting oneself into weather at those temps is just masochistic blink.png (IMO)