Suthep sets December 9 as D-Day

Lite Beer

A good solution would be one in which Thailand is not sent back into the dark ages .

I was setting the bar a tad higher to imagine something GOOD.

Thaksin dies of a painless heart-attack, and leaves his money to establish education-grants for the poor, his family retire abroad to enjoy their own wealth ?

Suthep & Chalerm & all other politicians aged over-65 retire permanently, for real, and their families don't stay in Thai politics.

China accepts all the ageing-rice, in the government's warehouses, in full-payment for the freight-line, which they then finance & build & operate without local 'help'.

A new generation of less-corrupt (mustn't ask the impossible) politicians emerges, and the military continue to step further back, from politics.

Oh, and Thai Airways finally gets a decent management-team ! wai2.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there anyone on here who can think of a good solution to this ?

It is really very simple.

In a democracy the time between elections is traditionally spent educating the public so that they will vote for the party you prefer and they will win government.

Anything else is anarchy or a dictatorship.

• Like 1

I think a poster on another thread worked out what Suthep is up to.

The government were having a tough time along with nutty amnesty bills etc and needed a distraction. Some smart person in the PTP realised they needed a clown to stir up the people. Not a credible one, simply one that would look and act dafter with each passing day.

Suthep happened to fit the bill, he was wound up and sent on his merry way. The government simply stood back and watched day by day increasing their credibility by limited interference as Suthep stumbled and weaved. When this is all over chances are the gov will have a Suthep day in honour of the man who kept them in power.

1514009.gif

Edited by Thailand
  • Like 2

Let's pray everything will be solved without violence and will be really over on Monday, even if IMHO, if protest won't be successful, Suthep won't turn himself in, so will be not over.

Does this guy Suthep have something up his sleeve ??? If not I think he is treading on very thin ice.he has made his point .

Now he should be searching for evidence to back up all his accusations.

running round with a big gun is useless without ammo...blink.png

He dont need to be searching the evidence is all over the place. That was why Thaksin was convicted in the first place then you can even find speaches incriminating him on youtube...

It is interesting that Suthep does not talk about what happens after his "people's council" (that he heads up?) is installed. He has made it clear that he does not want fresh elections because the stupid Thai people won't vote for him. So what then?

It is pretty clear that he wants the constitution changed and some form of "alternate democracy" where the ignorant masses of the north have less influence than their educated brothers and sisters in BKK and down south.

No matter how you cook it up if you choose to eat at Suthep's table every dish is toxic.

• Like 2

Dear Khun Suthep

Please choose any or all of these titles for yourself. They reflect your style, philosophy and personality. . add Supreme Buy Scout and Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commander...you deserve those as well. Your determination to take Thailand down this lunatic path would be supported by the fraternity of the like-minded in the north

. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kim_Jong-il%27s_titles

Edited by Prbkk
  • Like 1

Yingluck has offered to resign. Surely that is good enough for a start. This guy keeps demanding more and more: "total extermination". I don't believe this govt has done anything wrong in the way it has handled this situation. Sure, the amnesty bill was badly managed but insufficient grounds to be demanding that the clock to wound back to suit these uber nationalists

You really believe she was willing to resign

Can you please send me a bottle of what you have been drinking

she can say what ever she wants and 10 mins leter big brother will pull her into line

Who do you think is running this country

• Like 1

Suthep declares people’s uprising on Monday, Dec 9
By Digital Content

13863856429817.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 7 – Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban made his boldest announcement last night, calling on Thai people nationwide to jointly stand up against the government on Monday, December 9.

In an emotional speech to anti-government protesters which lasted almost two hours, the former Democrat MP urged people to leave their residences onto the city streets and head for a single destination - Government House – starting at 9.39 am.

“It has to end. There is no point to prolong the fight. We have our responsibilities. The government is buying time until we are exhausted or bored. Our executive committee unanimously agreed that the fight must end on Monday, December 9,” said Mr Suthep, secretary-general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee.

“Everybody in Thailand has to take a side. If you want to be a free man, you must come out. If you decide to be Thaksin’s slave for the rest of your life, stay at home.”

He asked civil servants to go on strike and join the people’s massive demonstrations despite a reported attempt by the government to block them.

“We will organise a countrywide uprising to take back our sovereignty. Provincial people should move to the city halls in their respective provinces to block civil servants from entering their offices. Students should also rise up in unison to reject the Thaksin regime.”

Every road in Bangkok will lead to Government House on Monday, to show the people’s unity to the world, said Mr Suthep.

The former deputy prime minister said he and protest leaders agreed that the protest must end to stop inconveniences and suffering among protesters, and they would accept the consequences no matter the outcome.

“We’ll be slaves if we don’t win. There is no other alternative. The nine of us are willing to accept the insurrection charges. Let us wait until December 9 to see who will be defeated. That is the end. There should be no more damages and casualties in the country.”

Mr Suthep and eight Democrat MPs announced their resignations from the House of Representatives last month to be fully involved in the anti-government movement.

The former Surat Thani MP said he would lead protesters from the Government Complex on Changwattana Road to Government House, about 17 km away, while protesters on Rajdamnoen Avenue and the Finance Ministry will simultaneously leave their rally sites for the same destination.

“If you don’t want to join, please stay at home, because traffic in the city will be heavily congested,” he warned.

“We have played our final card and gone all-in. We will accept the outcome, be it triumph or defeat. We have to be realistic that an insufficient number of people, despite their courage and unity, may result in deaths or injuries for this government has no mercy on people. We have to overcome fear. Our victory relies on the number of people who come out to join the fight.” (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-07

Yes, I think she would resign and that would be a good thing if it leads to peace. But the govt should remain in place

That doesn't satisfy Suthep and his minions, though. He will just complain again about Thaksin still pulling the strings. It would in the end just show weakness for the elected government and tell every thug that it's okay to do this and that they will in the end be rewarded.

Dear Khun Suthep

Please choose any or all of these titles for yourself. They reflect your style, philosophy and personality. . add Supreme Buy Scout and Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commander...you deserve those as well. Your determination to take Thailand down this lunatic path would be supported by the fraternity of the like-minded in the north

. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kim_Jong-il%27s_titles

No need to go that far for advice, they know how to do it here too. How about Supreme Liberator And Heavenly Light Of Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit.

I live, here, in Thailand. I work, here. But never have I felt better about being nothing more than a long term tourist in this country. Things have no more chance of improving, here, than a train does of making it from Bangkok to Chiang Mai without derailing.

YUP 9TH IS THE D-DAY. Hope everything will ends well. I think most people know the outcome on 9th. The TS regime is too large. Most probably Supthep will lose badly. When on 10th comes, the ''terrorists'' will come out, innocent citizens will be targeted and sacrificed again. They will do what ever it takes even taking their own Thai people life. Look at the shooting, news of sniper. You can never win the ''terrorist'' with just our bare hands. When anti-govt are defeated on 9th Dec, people will have to remember who really care for the nation.

YUP 9TH IS THE D-DAY. Hope everything will ends well. I think most people know the outcome on 9th. The TS regime is too large. Most probably Supthep will lose badly. When on 10th comes, the ''terrorists'' will come out, innocent citizens will be targeted and sacrificed again. They will do what ever it takes even taking their own Thai people life. Look at the shooting, news of sniper. You can never win the ''terrorist'' with just our bare hands. When anti-govt are defeated on 9th Dec, people will have to remember who really care for the nation.

What on Earth are you talking about?

You seem to have forgotten that the last time "innocent civilians" were targeted for slaughter by armed gunmen was when your dear leader Suthep unleashed the army on the redshirts.

On a different note, I'm pleased to see that even the most die-hard Suthepistas have accepted that the buffoon has run out of steam, and that D-Day will be a total fiasco.

You seem to have forgotten that the last time "innocent civilians" were targeted for slaughter by armed gunmen was when your dear leader Suthep unleashed the army on the redshirts.

On a different note, I'm pleased to see that even the most die-hard Suthepistas have accepted that the buffoon has run out of steam, and that D-Day will be a total fiasco.

oh ya.. those INNOCENT red shirts arming with guns, machine guns, grenade launchers bombing away our Bangkok city. I forgot. 55555555+

And by the way, i'm not a fan of Suthep.

cheers~

I can only pray he will win, but he sounds to be walking on his lasts legs.

you want him to ovethrow a duly elected government? get you ass back to where you come from! ever heard of free elections?

What remains of democracy when the elected government lies and cheats and deceives to get its evil way?

The PTP were in, had 2 years in the seat and blew it. Time to go

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

[suthep] reiterated that once he leaves the rally site of Govrnment Complex for the Government House, he will not go back. "I will accept the results of the December 9 battle. If we don’t win, I will turn myself in to face the charge," he told the cheering crowds.

Who will be the referee to judge at the close of Monday whether he will have won "the battle"?

Yes, I think she would resign and that would be a good thing if it leads to peace. But the govt should remain in place

That doesn't satisfy Suthep and his minions, though. He will just complain again about Thaksin still pulling the strings. It would in the end just show weakness for the elected government and tell every thug that it's okay to do this and that they will in the end be rewarded.

But he would be wouldn't he. How many puppet pm's now? Not that I give a toss either way now. They should've let Taksin implode and they should let this current manifestation of his maladministration implode also. you really can't fool all the people ALL the time, not even Thais rolleyes.gif