Chang Beer Alcohol Content Reduced

Ron19

Has anyone noticed that the alcohol content of "Chang Classic" has dropped from 6.4% by volume down to 6.0% by volume ?

Also,the contents have dropped from 640ml down to 630ml.I haven't noticed any advertising regarding this.

Edited by Ron19

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we all know, when the urine output goes up, then the flavor goes down.

I mean if you drink so much that your urine output keeps going up,

Then this means that you have drunk so much at your taste buds no longer function well,

And you do not really tast what you are consuming.

This is why it is better to have an alcohol percentage of about 11%, which is easily possible for a Chang Beer,

If you happen to get the ones that have more alcohol, just like the ones who have less alcohol, maybe 2 percent,

Due to the same quality of quality control.

But why do you really worry abut this in the first place?

Why can't you just buy some of that grain alcohol they call EVERCLEAR,

And then you can just add a dash of this to each bottle of Chang before you begin drinking it.

The Everclear will not change the flavor of the Chang, it will just increase the percentage of alcohol in each sip.

They use this Everclear for cooking a lot too, because it is so pure that it brings out the flavors of the food.

I think it is about 99% alcohol or something, but maybe not that high.

Too high would be dangerous.

And Chang could be dangerous, as well,

But Chang can be dangerous for many other reasons.

(You see what I mean? This is what is good about drinking the Everclear by itself without the Chang. Just noticed that I forgot to modify the post, as usual.)

Edited by MrGaoMungGawn
  • Like 2

Remember the good olde days when even Singha did not show the strength of the larger/beer due to export it was regulated.

I remember my first day (trip) to Bangkok, tired feeling run down after a long haul flight. My mates went to have a suit(s) made whilst sat there they offered me a beer four cans later I was ordering a suit as well (I didnt even want one)

Why in the world would they advertise a drop in quality and quantity?

Would you?

This was my first thought also. Yesterday's bottle was 6.4% I wonder if they reduced it more on the Chang Light? Getting closer to bottled water?

Might start drinking It again, now they've reduced the quality and the strength ,, the other stufff was way to strong for me.

Used to get into all sorts of trouble,, falling over,, not knowing what day of the week It was,,and even got to the stage where I was eyeing up Lady boys. biggrin.png

• Like 1

ThaiBev may be trying to adjust the final unit price as the recent increase in alcohol tax was based on both % and volume. By lowering both they've been able to adjust or control the overall increase in price of a big bottle of Chang Classic, and keep it on par with other big bottles, like Singha which is 5%. Also believe the recent alcohol tax increase was to be stepped or gradual over time up to the max. of 2,000 baht per liter of alcohol content. But confess I haven't paid a lot of attention to this issue.

• Like 1