Claiming Back Electricity Deposit on Condo After Purchase

We bought a condo about 6 years ago, and paid a deposit for THB 12,000 re electricty.

I remember hearing once that after x number of years if all your bills are in order and have been paid, you can claim back the deposit from the electricity company.

Has any done this?

If so how did you go about it?

Cheers

Fletch :)

My attorney has told me that the word "refund" does not translate into Thai... smile.png

To whom did you pay the deposit? Do you have a receipt? If it was a deposit to a large company, you may have a reasonable chance of getting it back eventually. If you paid the HOA, a previous owner, an attorney, etc., I think the prospects are slim to none.

I understand that the deposit is a security deposit. If you don't pay your bill in a timely manner, the payment will be taken from the deposit, and the meter will be pulled. You don't get reconnected and the meter back until you pay the re-connection fee, refill the deposit(which maybe increased), and any other indebtness.

When you become an electric power Authority customer, you pay the deposit. When you terminate the service in your name, you get the deposit back from the Authority. If you terminate the service in your name, because you sold the property/condo/factory, it really depends on the Purchase and Sale Agreement and what it says about the electric meter and deposit. The Agreement could say the Sale includes the meter and the deposit to the Purchaser. Sometimes the old owner does not ask for the deposit back from the Authority, but the Power Authority wants a deposit from the new owner.