Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Draft next week people, who will go at number one.

Petracca is the hot favourite but I am tipping that McCartin will wear the honours. Petracca is the best Apparently but the saints will be looking at a key forward (groom for the Swans to steal). That will almost give the demons the top 3 prospects again. Demons have never developed top picks so poor kids

Only in the very modern era mr chooka................alan johnstone was the very first number 1 pick way back...very talented wingman that played close to 10 ys.................aslo forget the order now but those winning teams of the 90's and 2000's had early draft picks that went on and on....first round pics included the likes of stephen feby ...no slouch on the feild.

Back then we had slug jordan who was one of the best under 19 coaches, who also help develop North's kids that Barass took to 5 or so grand finals.

Im not shy to say the Dees lost there way around the time Danher was made redundant, and im not shy to say if Stynes was still alive today the fingers would be pointing at him for the recent mess we found ourselves in.

Now we see why roos was in no hurry to part with picks 2 and 3, i can garentee you that these kids will be properly developed.

From my side of the fence there seems to have been several clubs shoot them selves in the foot recently and your club did a good job of it end of last season....now lets see who pulls out of it the quickest shall we.

• Like 2

Just hearing on the grapevine that Ahmad Saad's just been picked up in the pre-season draft by St Kilda, well done Saints...

Yes and welcome back Ahmed. He was told from the start if he kepted himslf fit he was a very good chance of coming home. Did the crime, did the time and kept a low profile.

Chooka,,

We may need an edit to the topic title for 2015. Maybe the Mods can add 2015? change it?

Just hearing on the grapevine that Ahmad Saad's just been picked up in the pre-season draft by St Kilda, well done Saints...

Yes and welcome back Ahmed. He was told from the start if he kepted himslf fit he was a very good chance of coming home. Did the crime, did the time and kept a low profile.

Chooka,,

We may need an edit to the topic title for 2015. Maybe the Mods can add 2015? change it?

maybe ask them just to delete the date altogether?

• Like 2

Petracca is the hot favourite but I am tipping that McCartin will wear the honours. Petracca is the best Apparently but the saints will be looking at a key forward (groom for the Swans to steal). That will almost give the demons the top 3 prospects again. Demons have never developed top picks so poor kids

Only in the very modern era mr chooka................alan johnstone was the very first number 1 pick way back...very talented wingman that played close to 10 ys.................aslo forget the order now but those winning teams of the 90's and 2000's had early draft picks that went on and on....first round pics included the likes of stephen feby ...no slouch on the feild.

Back then we had slug jordan who was one of the best under 19 coaches, who also help develop North's kids that Barass took to 5 or so grand finals.

Im not shy to say the Dees lost there way around the time Danher was made redundant, and im not shy to say if Stynes was still alive today the fingers would be pointing at him for the recent mess we found ourselves in.

Now we see why roos was in no hurry to part with picks 2 and 3, i can garentee you that these kids will be properly developed.

From my side of the fence there seems to have been several clubs shoot them selves in the foot recently and your club did a good job of it end of last season....now lets see who pulls out of it the quickest shall we.

The Demons could of had Nic Naitanui, Patrick Dangerfield, Kurt Tippet, Robby Gray and Nat Fyfe but they overlooked them for also runs. The amount of priority and 1st round picks they have had in the 6 years they could have built one he'll of a team.

I don't believe the saints shot themselves in the foot at the end of the season but actually made positive moves. The players that retired were ready to and those that were let go were close to the end. You can't bring new blood if you are going to hang onto those breaking down. You can't win games being sentimental.

As for the two horse race between the saints and demons to see who recovers sooner during rebuilding, well that should be a no brained. The saints have already given the Dees a 5 yr head start and if the Saints do pass them then it is time for Melbourne to give the game away. There is absolutely no excuses giving the amount of picks, priority picks and the cuddling Melbourne have had to to be a power side.

• Like 1

Go the pies!

bah.gif

Welcome to the forum davros71.

I think the embargo has been lifted for Pies supporters.

I'll check with our leader Kuhn chookster and get back to youbiggrin.png

thanks for the welcome. Theres a lot of us Pies supporters out there. Not everyone likes us but you cant change your team.

whats the tipping?

• Like 1

Go the pies!

bah.gif

thanks for the welcome. Theres a lot of us Pies supporters out there. Not everyone likes us but you cant change your team.

whats the tipping?

We have a tipping comp linked directly through the AFL site.

Join up for next year, it's good fun.

We have Syd supporters, St's, Demons, North Melbourne, WCE, and Freo.

Look forward to having you on board.

• Like 2

Go the pies!

bah.gif

whats the tipping?

We have a tipping comp linked directly through the AFL site.

Join up for next year, it's good fun.

We have Syd supporters, St's, Demons, North Melbourne, WCE, and Freo.

Look forward to having you on board.

Brisbane, Western Bulldogs and Adelaide also w00t.gif

Reasonably certain Khun Chookster has switched to GWS.

• Like 1

The Demons could of had Nic Naitanui, Patrick Dangerfield, Kurt Tippet, Robby Gray and Nat Fyfe but they overlooked them for also runs. The amount of priority and 1st round picks they have had in the 6 years they could have built one he'll of a team.

I don't believe the saints shot themselves in the foot at the end of the season but actually made positive moves. The players that retired were ready to and those that were let go were close to the end. You can't bring new blood if you are going to hang onto those breaking down. You can't win games being sentimental.

As for the two horse race between the saints and demons to see who recovers sooner during rebuilding, well that should be a no brained. The saints have already given the Dees a 5 yr head start and if the Saints do pass them then it is time for Melbourne to give the game away. There is absolutely no excuses giving the amount of picks, priority picks and the cuddling Melbourne have had to to be a power side.

Yes mr chooka nic so far has been a better pick than watts the differance is nic has only had one stand out season and a couple of good ones but was on the slide last season where as watts has been inproving steadly year in year out mark my words within the next 2 seasons watts will break out...

Some how now i recall one of priorty pick is now on a million $ at GWS and Richmond were pretty keen on pick 2 of that year but alas hes been injured the past 2 ys though needle thought enough of him to make him a co captain at one stage....oh and that other co captain was also a very high draft pick...

I dont aggree with you about the high draft pics we got that went nowhere, i said if before several times....that when Baily came in within 2 seasons every experianced player was gone and that dick Needle did the same...now who were these kids expected to follow?

Since the early 2000 the Dees have been a basket case, but id like to remind you they had enough brains in the end to get the right admin in to fix it....we have won 12 flags you know ummmm thats 11 more than the Saints.

And you think your first round pick will walk into the team? well he might since you dont have much there as for Assad or what ever his name he was only ever a fring player, no dout he will be delisted within 2 seasons.

And i bet you 3 pints of english or irish beer in some Chaing mai pub we will finnish higher that your team.

ps....Victory hasnt lost a game yet...you know that sisy game that the whole world plays.

Go the pies!

bah.gif

whats the tipping?

Dont worry davros....i dont mind the pies at all.........after all the failed grand finals you guys played in, your been humbled but do watchout for a couple of guys here...they have venom for your leader eddie everywhere, they have nothing but negative coments for him everytime he opens his mouth...well he couldnt run channel nine but hes doing a fine job at maggie land, if one of those guys gets up ur nose remind him you guys got 14 flags to there 1 even if it was against you guys...hehehe, ho and the other guy...think there up to 3 now....hahaha

HAWTHORN wingman Isaac Smith and Fremantle midfielder Tendai Mzungu have claimed bragging rights at their clubs by racing to time trial victories on Wednesday.

Smith retained his crown as the Hawks' endurance king when he held off a fierce challenge from young gun Billy Hartung in the 2.2km run.

Premiership ruckman Ben McEvoy enhanced his reputation as an elite runner by finishing third.

Smith and Hartung were neck-and-neck all the way, but it was the former who sprinted to victory around the final corner at Waverley.

“Billy and I ran together most of the way,” Smith told hawthornfc.com.au.

“He’s looking fit and I reckon he’s in for a pretty big year in 2015.”

Hartung smashed the NAB AFL Draft Combine's beep test record with a 16.6 effort in 2013 and the second-year player said he was keen to overtake Smith as the Hawks' time trial champion.

“It was a pretty good run from myself and Issie,” he said.

“There has been a little bit of banter leading up to this, even from last year’s runs because he’s only got me by a couple of seconds each time.

“I’m getting a little bit closer each time, so hopefully after Christmas I’ll be in front of him.”

Meanwhile, Mzungu broke away in the final lap to edge out his off-season training partner Matt de Boer in Freo's 3km time trial.

“He’s a great training partner,” Mzungu, 28, told the club's website.

“We push each other along. It’s great for him to run a personal best and be there at the end.”

Others to impress included dynamic onballer Stephen Hill, Tom Sheridan and Irish recruit Sean Hurley.

• Like 2

Dont worry davros....i dont mind the pies at all.........after all the failed grand finals you guys played in, your been humbled but do watchout for a couple of guys here...they have venom for your leader eddie everywhere, they have nothing but negative coments for him everytime he opens his mouth...well he couldnt run channel nine but hes doing a fine job at maggie land, if one of those guys gets up ur nose remind him you guys got 14 flags to there 1 even if it was against you guys...hehehe, ho and the other guy...think there up to 3 now....hahaha

I had to laugh at this Alex.

One thing is for sure, Eddie is right where he is most welcome and truly belongs.

• Like 2

Roosey is a financial genius tongue.png

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-05/melbournes-19m-turnaround

But we all know how fickle Dees fans are tongue.png

Speaking of turnovers, can anyone tell me how Port Adelaide lost nearly 2

million dollars last yearblink.png

They had sell out crowds, record membership and finished in the top 4.

Amazing!

In a financial result that appears an indictment on the agreement struck at the Adelaide Oval with the heavy involvement of the AFL, the South Australian government and the SANFL, Port's on-field rags-to-riches story will soon be revealed as far from that in an off-field sense.

While Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas said he was confident the lengthy review into the new stadium's match-day results would deliver a better outcome for his club, he stressed it could not hope to be successful on the current model.

"The numbers are crystal clear and compelling," he said. "If we can't make a profit in these conditions, then how can we ever be profitable?" Thomas would not elaborate on the exact nature of Port's projected loss which comes off the back of a $2.5 loss the previous year.

Whatever the final number - which Fairfax Media believes could sit at $2 million - it comes despite Port attracting the fourth highest home game attendances in the competition in 2014.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/port-adelaide-faces-2-million-loss-20141112-11lc5m.html

• Like 1

Go the pies!

bah.gif

whats the tipping?

Last time I checked the name of this sub-forum AlexRRR, it said AFL not VFL.

So WCE have 3 which isn't that bad. Collingwood have 2.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way outlaugh.png

• Like 1

Dees a chance for the top 8 next year?

your the joker of thaivisa now mr bookman.......we can dream ...........from where i sit thay havent recruited any forwards so whats going to change?

But higher than the hapless saints im sure

Amazing!

As easy an answer as to is the AFL a puppet for Emperor MacGuire...

Koch'ie is the answer you seek Khun Will27, like Roosey, a financial guru... Just ask any Port Adelaide supporter :P

• Like 1

Amazing!

Koch'ie is the answer you seek Khun Will27, like Roosey, a financial guru... Just ask any Port Adelaide supporter tongue.png

aparently the power dont have a good deal as is the case with the dockland and its co tennents, is one of the reasons, kinda amazes me that they would accept such a deal.

ps...victory hammered the mariners last night in sydney....still undefeted.......and i need to have a winge...the age virtualy has no reports on the nfl...i know afl is that matters to most vic but gees we dont live in a secluded corner of the globe anymore.

Edited by AlexRRR

Amazing!

Koch'ie is the answer you seek Khun Will27, like Roosey, a financial guru... Just ask any Port Adelaide supporter tongue.png

aparently the power dont have a good deal as is the case with the dockland and its co tennents, is one of the reasons, kinda amazes me that they would accept such a deal.

ps...victory hammered the mariners last night in sydney....still undefeted.......and i need to have a winge...the age virtualy has no reports on the nfl...i know afl is that matters to most vic but gees we dont live in a secluded corner of the globe anymore.

Didn't even know that soccer season had started, the age along with the majority of the country probably aren't aware of it either. It's cricket season so those no contact sports like soccer and darts don't get a mention in the papers.

Its most obvious that mr chooka does not read the Age news paper, they have shrunk it to the same size as that little paper you would know so well and along with that hopless channel 7 is some what of a tabloid on the footy but i can tell you first hand that the A-league is very well covered almost to the point of next to nothing on the Premier league, no, darts ive never seen mentioned but yes once there was at least some NFL coverage.....

As for cricket....just cannot get into it, in fact any bat and ball games....yawn....and cricket is just not designed for Australian summer...Ive driven passed the local cricket team training recently in a humid 33 degree heat, think they must be bonkers...melbourne sun is like a blow touch.