Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-21/pelchen-quits-saints

chooka, where was your inside info on this one?

left field, just touched down in Melbourne.

hmmmm....Saints head of football quits and chooka is just touching down in Melbourne.

Interesting....

and it's bloody cold. Had a beer with Rod Keogh and Jim Buckley at the Rising Star in Sth Melbourne, Geez is that a real Swans pub.
  • Like 1

hmmmm....Saints head of football quits and chooka is just touching down in Melbourne.

Interesting....

and it's bloody cold. Had a beer with Rod Keogh and Jim Buckley at the Rising Star in Sth Melbourne, Geez is that a real Swans pub.

About time you came to your senses and switched to the Swans

tell bookman he is dreaming Will. South Melbourne is still a staunch Swans area but St Kilda is right next door 700 meters away, just got thirsty on my way to saints land.
  • Like 1

Interesting....

Name dropping boy....so your a big shot in the AFL legends circle old chum?

Guru chooka....where is big mouth Mclean going to play next season?

Give it a break Alex it was just a friendly line to my swans mate bookman letting him know South Melb is still a Swans Heartland nothing more. I am on holiday visiting friends in the area who took me along. It was nice to meet Rod Keogh tho a former Demon and Saint.

Geez when does that pansy soccer season start, I hope soon you will be distracted from attacking football supporters.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Give it a break Alex it was just a friendly line to my swans mate bookman letting him know South Melb is still a Swans Heartland nothing more. I am on holiday visiting friends in the area who took me along. It was nice to meet Rod Keogh tho a former Demon and Saint.

Geez when does that pansy soccer season start, I hope soon you will be distracted from attacking football supporters.

And I appreciate it chooka.

I'll have the missus knit you up a Swannies scarf...just in case

• Like 2

And I appreciate it chooka.

I'll have the missus knit you up a Swannies scarf...just in case

Just knick his Saints one and get missus to take out the black part, less time wasting ;)

• Like 1

The "panseys are up to round 3 my man, and my team top or the crop, 7 points from a possible 9 with a pastying of manchester city clone melbourne city 5-2 last weekend thought i have to say there new strip and emblem is very pretty wish who ever designed it could do something like that for Victory.

Rod...yeah i recall now, wasnt around all that long...i thought you were refering to the Blues Keogh...his newphew or someting like that played for us, no not a massure with his ear on the boardroom door he actualy played footy.

Hey come on lighten up im in the same boat as you, i follow an equaly crappy team too.....ho did u hear Macratney (ex Dogs coach) or how ever you spell it has been signed up by the Dees.....wont be long before we will have the most expensive football operations personal in AFL history, wonder where there going to find the money to pay everyone once the AFL turn off the tap...

A North Melbourne footballer is reportedly under investigation by police over the robbery of a taxi driver.

The robbery is said to have taken place in the early hours of Sunday, October 12 when two men were picked up by a cab driver, according to the AFL's website.

AFL.com.au says the men allegedly threatened the driver and demanded all of his money.

When he refused, one of the men stole his log-book and got out of the cab.

The men then assaulted him and stole money from the taxi before running away.

The player allegedly involved in the incident has not been named.

• Like 2

Word from Somchai down on the soi is that Rocket Eade's heading to the GC next year. I like this and Eddie can eat a bag a dicks tongue.png

Eddie is not happy

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-28/mcguire-critical-of-sun27s-pursuit-of-eade-from-magpies/5848138

Eddie is never happy unless the AFL and every club is bowing down to and kissing the rear end of Collingwood.
  • Like 2

Well i got to agree with eddie on this one, if your under contract either player or assitant coach you need to buy them out of the situation these guys like Eade are in, even in the real world when you sign a contract to work for someone there are few get out clauses.

If the Suns wanna pay 600,000 plus a year and he would be on at least that then half a years salary is a starting pont in my book.

You might bag eddie but he is actualy good for the pies and football.

Caroline Wilson's take on the Rodney Eade to GC fiasco.

People still leaving Collingwood in droves.

Happy 50th Ed, now let it go

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/happy-50th-ed-now-let-it-go-20141029-11dwgg.html

It will be Eddie and Bucks standing alone. Buckley is not a coach and will never coach again after Eddie spits out his semen.

Well i got to agree with eddie on this one, if your under contract either player or assitant coach you need to buy them out of the situation these guys like Eade are in, even in the real world when you sign a contract to work for someone there are few get out clauses.

If the Suns wanna pay 600,000 plus a year and he would be on at least that then half a years salary is a starting pont in my book.

going to a senior coaching position is a promotion for Rodney. For Eddie to try and restrict him in his trade wrong. Eddie should compensate Eade or let him take a promotion. The AFL does not revolve around Eddie and Collingwood no matter how wonderful Eddie thinks he is.

Caroline Wilson's take on the Rodney Eade to GC fiasco.

People still leaving Collingwood in droves.

Happy 50th Ed, now let it go

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/happy-50th-ed-now-let-it-go-20141029-11dwgg.html

It will be Eddie and Bucks standing alone. Buckley is not a coach and will never coach again after Eddie spits out his semen.

bah.gif

• Like 1

Tim Membrey to be officially a Saint today and will start training next week. Swans released him early.

bah!

I'll be following his progression with interest. There is some talk he has an overly inflated opinion of his abilities.

Still, I am sorry we let him go, I think he would have been a decent fit.

• Like 1

going to a senior coaching position is a promotion for Rodney. For Eddie to try and restrict him in his trade wrong. Eddie should compensate Eade or let him take a promotion. The AFL does not revolve around Eddie and Collingwood no matter how wonderful Eddie thinks he is.

Eddie is a C.#%sucker and is only interested in how things benefit Collingwood and himself. No wonder the Pies supporters love him.

Still, I agree a team should be compensated if a coach is under contract and decides to leave, if the team wants him to stay. Cost of recruitment etc. of a new coach.

Other than that, they could personally sue Eade for damages, as their agreement is with Eade and not the Suns

• Like 1

Rape charges against Milne dropped and he pleads guilty to indecent assault. Minor offence like touching a woman on the butt.

Heard that on Channel 9 earlier tonight as well, seems the DPP were grasping at straws to get some airtime over this...

Just to think that had he not sent the text messages the morning after things could've gone either way...

• Like 1

Rape charges against Milne dropped and he pleads guilty to indecent assault. Minor offence like touching a woman on the butt.

Heard that on Channel 9 earlier tonight as well, seems the DPP were grasping at straws to get some airtime over this...

Just to think that had he not sent the text messages the morning after things could've gone either way...

Now Nick Riewoldt has come under criticism for going along to court as a character witness and friend. He has been accused of supporting violence against women. Milne hasn't been charged with physical violence and indecent assault doesn't have to include violence. Unwanted advances and just touching can be an indecent assault. Giving a Co worker a pat on the bum as he/she walks past is an indecent assault.

To accuse Saint Nick of supporting violence against women is ridiculous and I am sure he would of had permission from the club to go along in support of Milne for the offence of indecent assault. (Common law assault).

Milne ' alleged victim has now admitted that she consented to oral sex and Milne has pleaded guilty to indecent assault because he made a verbal request to go all the way.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-12/bomber-bombers-split

Bomber's left the building... Good decision in my books, have the Western Bulldogs announced a replacement? I can't remember... Surely he's a shoe in for that gig now...

I don't think he had much option to be honest.

Said at their F&B that he wanted to coach fulltime

and didn't want to go backwards and be an assistant.

When Essendon retained James, it really left him with nowhere to go.