Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

For chooka and you Sydney boys.

A great interview with Barry Hall.

WCE were robbed in 2005biggrin.png

This is a good honest interview from Bazza. I think you might have mentioned this last year KhunWill? Someone did...

Interesting he rated his 2 final years at the Bulldogs as his happiest.

Well worth a watch by anyone

Yep, I really enjoyed it.

The whole Open Mike series looks pretty good. I think most of the players

don't mind opening up to Mike as he's pretty well respected.

He's like the Michael Parkinson of the footy worldbiggrin.png

Sad to hear that Bazz and Roosy won't be catching up for a beer anytime soon though.

Just remembered Baz saying his dad used to say "the only way to stop violence is by

more violence".

I'd suggest his upbringing had a bit to do with his short fusefacepalm.gif

This week we had 3 tip 6/6. They were Farmerjo, Bookman and Will27. The tipster with the best margin was Farmerjo. Well done.

attachicon.gifOfficial AFL Footy Tipping Competition Thailand Mob(2).jpeg

Good job farmerjo

The tipping comp is getting tight now

Nice work again farmerjo.

Close but no cigar for you and I BookMan.

To be honest, I usually forget about the margin

and I think left it at 34 points from a previous fixture.

• Like 1

Anyone else think Melbourne is a chance over Richmond this week?

I don't.

I think Ade are a big chance against Collingwood though.

Don't forget to get the tips in early guys due to a game this Thursday night.

• Like 2

I don't.

I like the part about early tips but I think Collingwood may be too good for Adelaide.

I don't.

Does Adelaide have some returning players or Collingwood have some out? Adelaide was rough against Melbourne the other week

I don't.

I like the part about early tips but I think Collingwood may be too good for Adelaide.

I didn't realise it was on Thursday night. An extra day of watching AFL! w00t.gif

I don't.

Does Adelaide have some returning players or Collingwood have some out? Adelaide was rough against Melbourne the other week

I don't think either side will have many changes.

My theory is that Collingwood have won their last 4 and are due for a loss

and Ade will come our snarling after last weeks debacle.

That's my roughy for the week anyway.

Freo a sneaky against Geelong?

I don't.

I didn't realise it was on Thursday night. An extra day of watching AFL! w00t.gif

I don't know how many games I'll have left now AN has been canx.

I hope to at least get the whole season insad.png

The Freo Geelong game is tough to pick. Freo at home , and their midfield was back in form against Port last week. I still like Geelong at this stage though.

The Freo Geelong game is tough to pick. Freo at home , and their midfield was back in form against Port last week. I still like Geelong at this stage though.

Ballantyne seems to be in doubt for Freo. If he doesn't get up, I think I'll go for Geelong.

Freo also waiting on Dawson and McPharlan.

Ballantyne seems to be in doubt for Freo. If he doesn't get up, I think I'll go for Geelong.

I like Freo for later in the year. Port will have to contend with public pressure/expectations and how their young team respond to that is an unknown

I like Freo for later in the year. Port will have to contend with public pressure/expectations and how their young team respond to that is an unknown

Just checked the injury list on the AFL site.

Stephen Hill also in doubt. Him and Ballantyne would be massives outs.

I don't.

Tex Walker and Dangerfield are back. Maybe closer then I thought.

I don't.

Tex Walker and Dangerfield are back. Maybe closer then I thought.

Well that does make quite a difference

I don't.

And Adelaide did come out snarling!

The home crowd in Adelaide is going to be a big factor in years to come.

Sadly, I stuck with Collingwood

• Like 2

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire fuming after Adelaide’s Josh Jenkins allowed to kick a goal after three-quarter time siren

A CONTROVERSIAL goal by Adelaide’s Josh Jenkins is footy’s new Siren Gate.

Jenkins launched a ball into the Adelaide Oval grandstand seconds after the television clock had ticked down to zero at three-quarter time.

The problem was the raucous Crows crowd drowned out the siren, prompting a farcical goal review in which the field umpires asked for the video umpire to make a call only to be told: “We don’t have the siren mate, so we can’t review that one.”

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire called it a “complete debacle”.

“I was talking to (AFL football operations manager) Mark Evans last night, late, at the AFL, we’ve got to get this sorted out,” McGuire said on Triple M.

“Bucks (Magpies coach Nathan Buckley) says it didn’t effect the result, well it does. It does effect the result because they get an extra goal at a very very pivotal moment in the game, and I’m not one to just let these things go because it annoys me and it will cost someone a Grand Final.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-president-eddie-mcguire-fuming-after-adelaides-josh-jenkins-allowed-to-kick-a-goal-after-threequarter-time-siren/story-fni5f6hc-1226919767353

Maybe there will be some hope for those of us who rely on AN.

Overseas footy fans could be short-changed

FANS in the Asia Pacific are facing a battle to watch regular AFL matches following confirmation that funding to the ABC's Australia Network will be cut.

The federal government confirmed the move in its budget announcement on Tuesday night in Canberra.

The future of the channel remains up in the air, with the government not ruling out a commercial operator taking over the spectrum, which broadcasts Australian television content to approximately 44 countries.

Australia Network currently broadcasts up to four games each round via satellite into homes and hotels.

The broadcasts are particularly popular with tourists and expatriates.

"Fans in the Asia Pacific will still be able to watch AFL matches via the Australia Network until further notice," an AFL spokesman said on Wednesday.

The AFL is working on alternate means to transmit games into the region.

"In the meantime, the AFL is in ongoing discussions with the ABC regarding the options available for continuation of television coverage of AFL matches into the Asia/Pacific market, reflecting its significance to our code and the growth of Australian football internationally," the spokesman said.

"AFL Fans in the Asia Pacific should also note that all AFL matches and AFL highlights are available via WatchAFL, the international streaming service that allows people to view every game live or on demand on their desktop, mobile or tablet."

FANS in the Asia Pacific are facing a battle to watch regular AFL matches following confirmation that funding to the ABC's Australia Network will be cut.

The federal government confirmed the move in its budget announcement on Tuesday night in Canberra.

The future of the channel remains up in the air, with the government not ruling out a commercial operator taking over the spectrum, which broadcasts Australian television content to approximately 44 countries.

Australia Network currently broadcasts up to four games each round via satellite into homes and hotels.

"Fans in the Asia Pacific will still be able to watch AFL matches via the Australia Network until further notice," an AFL spokesman said on Wednesday.

"In the meantime, the AFL is in ongoing discussions with the ABC regarding the options available for continuation of television coverage of AFL matches into the Asia/Pacific market, reflecting its significance to our code and the growth of Australian football internationally," the spokesman said.

"AFL Fans in the Asia Pacific should also note that all AFL matches and AFL highlights are available via WatchAFL, the international streaming service that allows people to view every game live or on demand on their desktop, mobile or tablet."

What they fail to mention is that the AFL subscription service is exactly that, a pay per view or subscription service. Whereas most, if not, all of us who subscribe to CTH or True receive the Australian Network as part of a subscribed package, so trumping up another $150 a year to watch every game live and uninterrupted live is great, it's a bit disingenuous of the AFL to say "well, but we have an alternative"

This AFL tipping websites doing my head in, I was crowing last night (given I was in Adelaide) that they'd got up given if tipped them (or so I'd thought). Though checked last night and <deleted>, nothing, tip not registered. Similar thing happened back in the Anzac round against Essendon. <deleted> Collingwood!

• Like 1

What they fail to mention is that the AFL subscription service is exactly that, a pay per view or subscription service. Whereas most, if not, all of us who subscribe to CTH or True receive the Australian Network as part of a subscribed package, so trumping up another $150 a year to watch every game live and uninterrupted live is great, it's a bit disingenuous of the AFL to say "well, but we have an alternative"

This AFL tipping websites doing my head in, I was crowing last night (given I was in Adelaide) that they'd got up given if tipped them (or so I'd thought). Though checked last night and <deleted>, nothing, tip not registered. Similar thing happened back in the Anzac round against Essendon. <deleted> Collingwood!

That happened to me earlier in the year.

You have to click on 'Edit My Tips' tab once you make your changes

• Like 1