Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

West Coast midfielder Elliot Yeo faces $70,000 dental bill after losing teeth against Collingwood

ELLIOT Yeo’s lifetime dental bill could top $70,000 after the West Coast midfielder had his two front teeth fractured in a sickening collision with 113kg Magpie Jarrod Witts.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/west-coast-midfielder-elliot-yeo-faces-70000-dental-bill-after-losing-teeth-against-collingwood/story-fniv6fhh-1226930982058

Will is starting to pull away

I'm sensing he is getting nervous though...starting to second guess himself. So many variables on his mind this week. North or West Coast? Can Carlton win again? Collingwood? Gold Coast in Adelaide? Should he take a chance on an outsider or play it safe?

A lot of decisions to be made and just a couple of slips and the lead will be lost.

No pressure of course

As usual BookMan, you're right again. I'm starting to feel the pressure building.

My original plan was to fly beneath the radar until round 20 and then try and storm home.

I can imagine PM's between members trying to bring me down a peg or two.

Yep, some toughies again this round. Syd/Geelong, Ess/Richmond, Ade/GC and WCE/North.

I like Syd, Ade, WCE and not too sure about Ess/Richmond.

I'm still not sold on GC. I think they will make the 8 but they're sitting 3rd and I don't think they will

make top 4. To be the only team they've beaten in the 8 so far I think is North. And North are up

and down at best.

My initial pencil ins were:

Sydney

Richmond

GoldCoast

WCE

The GC are not top 5 material this year. ( I still stick with Sydney, Freo, Geelong, Hawthorn, Port). GC's first half against the Bulldogs was not inspiring. They have a talented midfield, but comparing them with the Port midfield the night before they have a way to go...

• Like 1

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-25/brownlow-blow-for-gaz

Ablett's Brownlow hopes under cloud after day of niggle

It's Garry, he will be fine as he is a Koala a protected species.

Are you saying you find him cute and cuddly?

Handsum man Chooka is right once again. The cute and cuddly Gazza has been cleared

Match review panel rules Gary Ablett has no case to answer over elbow to Bulldog Liam Picken

GARY Ablett is clear to win a third Brownlow Medal after the AFL match review panel ruled he did not elbow Liam Picken hard enough to justify a suspension.

Ablett sweated until late Monday to learn his fate after striking the Western Bulldogs tagger with his right elbow while both men were on the ground during Gold Coast’s win at Metricon Stadium on Sunday.

The 30-year-old dual Brownlow medallist is a raging favourite to win his third medal and could have accumulated as many as 18 votes already this season.

“After viewing all available footage and with the MRP conducting an investigation into the matter, it was the view of the panel the contact made to the body was below that required to constitute a reportable offence,” the league said in a statement.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/match-review-panel-rules-gary-ablett-has-no-case-to-answer-over-elbow-to-bulldog-liam-picken/story-e6frg1xu-1226932099396

Edited by BookMan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-25/brownlow-blow-for-gaz

Ablett's Brownlow hopes under cloud after day of niggle

It's Garry, he will be fine as he is a Koala a protected species.

Are you saying you find him cute and cuddly?

Handsum man Chooka is right once again. The cute and cuddly Gazza has been cleared

Match review panel rules Gary Ablett has no case to answer over elbow to Bulldog Liam Picken

GARY Ablett is clear to win a third Brownlow Medal after the AFL match review panel ruled he did not elbow Liam Picken hard enough to justify a suspension.

Ablett sweated until late Monday to learn his fate after striking the Western Bulldogs tagger with his right elbow while both men were on the ground during Gold Coast’s win at Metricon Stadium on Sunday.

The 30-year-old dual Brownlow medallist is a raging favourite to win his third medal and could have accumulated as many as 18 votes already this season.

“After viewing all available footage and with the MRP conducting an investigation into the matter, it was the view of the panel the contact made to the body was below that required to constitute a reportable offence,” the league said in a statement.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/match-review-panel-rules-gary-ablett-has-no-case-to-answer-over-elbow-to-bulldog-liam-picken/story-e6frg1xu-1226932099396

Gary is totally untouchable a protected species and anyone else would have definitely got a couple of weeks.

khun Will27, whilst you are indeed the hansum man with kind heart, I think the MRP got gun shy after the Viney incident. Especially given that it was 1. challenged and 2. overturned on appeal, would send them into a bit of a tizz over that.

This is pretty much what we (the punters) had been asking for, you still see a lot of reports for incidents going to the MRP but a lot more are being dismissed.

I didn't think there was anything in it and as Picken allegedly stated to the MRP that contact was "minimal"

As for Ablett being an "untouchable"? One does not simply win 2 Brownlows and get nothing in return ;)

Goodesy and Judd are similar protected species, not as endangered as Ablett but still very much on that list...

Roosey and his succession plan? If Captain Kirk gets the gig? Scary prospect... Not sure if Bomber will want the gig nor am I sure he won't be kept in the Bombers gig once the ASADA fiasco comes to an end. Cameron Ling? Hahaha I think, like Richo, he's enjoying the media gig too much to turn his hand to coaching at the moment.

• Like 1

khun Will27, whilst you are indeed the hansum man with kind heart, I think the MRP got gun shy after the Viney incident. Especially given that it was 1. challenged and 2. overturned on appeal, would send them into a bit of a tizz over that.

This is pretty much what we (the punters) had been asking for, you still see a lot of reports for incidents going to the MRP but a lot more are being dismissed.

I didn't think there was anything in it and as Picken allegedly stated to the MRP that contact was "minimal"

As for Ablett being an "untouchable"? One does not simply win 2 Brownlows and get nothing in return wink.png

Goodesy and Judd are similar protected species, not as endangered as Ablett but still very much on that list...

Roosey and his succession plan? If Captain Kirk gets the gig? Scary prospect... Not sure if Bomber will want the gig nor am I sure he won't be kept in the Bombers gig once the ASADA fiasco comes to an end. Cameron Ling? Hahaha I think, like Richo, he's enjoying the media gig too much to turn his hand to coaching at the moment.

Yep,

I think you're right Mr Smith. The AFL copped a lot of flak over the

Viney incident. Players threatening boycotts etc.

I couldn't imagine Kirky getting the top job. He seems a bit too "out there".

Some blokes are just good at being assistants and not up to being a head coach.

Mark Harvey IMO is a prime example. I guess a lot also depends on who you surround

yourself with and the state of the squad etc.

I reckon Linngy would be a good coach but still think he'd have to do his apprenticeship

as an assistant first. A bit like Vossy should have done at WCE.

But unless he has a burning desire, why would he take on the stress and he'd have to probably

take a drop in pay as well once he flicks the media commitments.

BTW fella's, I'm unable to log on to the footy tipping website.

Does anyone know whose leadingbiggrin.png

Edited by Will27

Christ... Hawthorn can not take a trick this year!

Clarko gone with a rare illness

A bit more in depth about GBS

Be a freaking miracle for the Hawks to make the Top 4 given this latest set back. Not saying they'll give up but losing your Head Coach midway through the season is really going to test ya metal...

Crikey, I didn't realize it was that serious.

I saw on Grandstand that he might only miss a fortnight

but it sounds worse than that.

Be a freaking miracle for the Hawks to make the Top 4 given this latest set back. Not saying they'll give up but losing your Head Coach midway through the season is really going to test ya metal...

Sounds serious, certainly his focus will be on his health. Luckily for Hawthorn they are playing GWS this week.

How important is a head coach these days? I mean we have seen the turnaround Melbourne has had under Paul Roos, but some of that is just structures across the entire coaching department and back to basics.

With a professional outfit like Hawthorn, will it derail their entire season having Clarko out for a month or so? They have coaches and assistant coaches for everything now and they should all be on the same page at a teams like Hawthorn.

Tipsters, don't forget that this week's first game is on Thursday night OZ time.

Click Sydney for 1 point

I am a little more optimistic 19 (at this stage)

Actually, I think I have them for a margin of about the same. I meant click them for the win tongue.png

• Like 1

Tipsters, don't forget that this week's first game is on Thursday night OZ time.

Click Sydney for 1 point

I am a little more optimistic 19 (at this stage)

Actually, I think I have them for a margin of about the same. I meant click them for the win tongue.png

Wrong tangent on my behalf

• Like 1

Sounds serious, certainly his focus will be on his health. Luckily for Hawthorn they are playing GWS this week.

How important is a head coach these days? I mean we have seen the turnaround Melbourne has had under Paul Roos, but some of that is just structures across the entire coaching department and back to basics.

With a professional outfit like Hawthorn, will it derail their entire season having Clarko out for a month or so? They have coaches and assistant coaches for everything now and they should all be on the same page at a teams like Hawthorn.

You're right BookMan, the whole place will probably be on auto-pilot for the majority of the games.

Clarko has been there long enough for structures and contingency plans to be in place.

Having said that, in tight games or against tough opposition, sometime just a bit of tweaking or moving

a player can make a big difference.

I think if Hawthorn make the 4 this year after the year they've had, it will be a huge effort.

• Like 1

You're right BookMan, the whole place will probably be on auto-pilot for the majority of the games.

Clarko has been there long enough for structures and contingency plans to be in place.

Having said that, in tight games or against tough opposition, sometime just a bit of tweaking or moving

I think if Hawthorn make the 4 this year after the year they've had, it will be a huge effort.

Is it conceivable that this could be the year that a 5th or 6th team make and win a GF.

5th and 6th get one home final and they need to win all 3 finals to make the GF. They get no second chances

The run home for some teams is easier than other teams because of the draw so one of the very good sides could finish 5th or 6th this year, even if it is just a matter of percentages.

Hawks have a mini slump for 2 months, then at the end of the season all their players and their coach is back....

I'm very much looking forward to the form of Sydney and Freo in the next 3 weeks. They have both looked dangerous in their last games and we'll know more in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Is it conceivable that this could be the year that a 5th or 6th team make and win a GF.

5th and 6th get one home final and they need to win all 3 finals to make the GF. They get no second chances

The run home for some teams is easier than other teams because of the draw so one of the very good sides could finish 5th or 6th this year, even if it is just a matter of percentages.

Hawks have a mini slump for 2 months, then at the end of the season all their players and their coach is back....

I'm very much looking forward to the form of Sydney and Freo in the next 3 weeks. They have both looked dangerous in their last games and we'll know more in a few weeks.

I still cannot see a side finishing outside the 4 winning the GF. They may get there but I reckon the extra

game will be too much. Playing sides like Syd, Geelong, Hawks and Freo (possibly) twice, IMO makes it

just too hard.

If Port get 2 home finals and get through, they will be so fresh and quick for example. I still think it's vital for

interstate sides to finish top 2 and get the rest. Especially sides from WA where there is a huge amount of travel.

I'm also looking forward to GC in the 6 weeks. They have Ade, Syd, WCE, Gee, Hawks & Coll.

How many of those I wonder will they win.

Ade, coll and West coast are all possibilities for them. Pick up those 3 and I think definite finals berth in the top 6
  • Like 1

Swans, Cats load up for SCG clash

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-28/teams-swans-v-cats

Gee, Lonergan and Enright out for Geelong.

I might increase my marginsmile.png

Ciders are chilling in the fridge and I have informed the GF I can't go out anywhere tomorrow night biggrin.png

It could be a day out at the races for the Swans Billion $$ forward line.

Tom Mitchell still couldn't break back into the side, despite 64 possessions in the reserves last week. There is some talk that Jake Lloyd adds a better balance to the team at the expense of Mitchell.

Also MikeyPike...should have been back by now..Not sure what is going on there

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Ade, coll and West coast are all possibilities for them. Pick up those 3 and I think definite finals berth in the top 6

The Adelaide game is difficult to pick.

Adelaide of last week...Gold Coast would win. The Adelaide of two weeks back , Adelaide would win. GC was also a bit fumbly through the midfield last week.

Adelaide have the home ground advantage of the new stadium...but...It is a day game, not a night game, and this might play in GC's favour.

Good to see sensible heads prevailing here...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-28/saad-ban-to-stay-at-18-months

Putting my tin foil hat on, this might not bode well for Essendon...

Chooka would like to see Ahmed Saad back at St Kilda. I know he likes to watch the perfection with which he lines up his goals. tongue.png

I wish the Essendon situation would be resolved...To go on this long seems too long

Good to see sensible heads prevailing here...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-28/saad-ban-to-stay-at-18-months

Putting my tin foil hat on, this might not bode well for Essendon...

Chooka would like to see Ahmed Saad back at St Kilda. I know he likes to watch the perfection with which he lines up his goals. tongue.png

I wish the Essendon situation would be resolved...To go on this long seems too long

Saad was Milnie's replacement and he was filling the role and liked what I saw. I especially loved when he was lining up for goal. I had time to take a piss, put some more sausage rolls in the oven, grab a fresh coldie and settle back down into my seat and say where were we, oh ahmed is linning up.

I like the man and thought he got the raw prawn whilst the Bombers have been dragging on. I doubt if he will get a chance back at the saints as they have recruited Eli Templeton but hope if he is still around they pick him up on the rookie draft.

• Like 2

Adelaide of last week...Gold Coast would win. The Adelaide of two weeks back , Adelaide would win. GC was also a bit fumbly through the midfield last week.

Adelaide have the home ground advantage of the new stadium...but...It is a day game, not a night game, and this might play in GC's favour.

It'll depend who tags Ablett... I'm sure whoever's got that gig has been studying Liam Picken all week...

Tips this week there's a couple of roughies, Dogs could take Freo, Lions could take he Blues and North could take the Eagles...

Remember gents, if the AN gets switched off this week due to censorship, it's a free weekend on the AFL TV ;)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

It'll depend who tags Ablett... I'm sure whoever's got that gig has been studying Liam Picken all week...

Tips this week there's a couple of roughies, Dogs could take Freo, Lions could take he Blues and North could take the Eagles...

Remember gents, if the AN gets switched off this week due to censorship, it's a free weekend on the AFL TV wink.png

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mr Smith, I agree with you about North and the Eagles, not too sure about Bri and Calrton either (one can only hope),

but I don't think WB will get anywhere near Freo.

Anyway, you're welcome to pick thembiggrin.png

Ron19 had some trouble with AN last week and I've noticed it's not transmitting on my CTH either.

Will probably have to watch on my other STB.

Edited by Will27

Swans, Cats load up for SCG clash

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-28/teams-swans-v-cats

Gee, Lonergan and Enright out for Geelong.

I might increase my marginsmile.png

Ciders are chilling in the fridge and I have informed the GF I can't go out anywhere tomorrow night biggrin.png

It could be a day out at the races for the Swans Billion $$ forward line.

Tom Mitchell still couldn't break back into the side, despite 64 possessions in the reserves last week. There is some talk that Jake Lloyd adds a better balance to the team at the expense of Mitchell.

Also MikeyPike...should have been back by now..Not sure what is going on there

At half time BookMan, spare a thought for us poor fella's who rely on AN.

Being a Thursday night game, we won't be getting it here and instead have

to look forward to Friday nights block-bluster of Collingwood/Strolleyes.gif

It's gets better on Sat though with Port versus Melbournebiggrin.png

It could've been Brisbane and Carltonfacepalm.gif

Luckily, get the Essondon/Richmond game in the afternoon.

Thought I'd be a monty to get a good game on Sunday though.

Take your pick, WCE, Freo, Ade/GC, no........Hawks/GWSbah.gif

Bloody Australia Network, no wonder they're getting the arsebiggrin.png

Having said that, strange fixturing by the AFL methinks.

A Thursday game, only 3 on Sat and 4 on Sunday.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2