Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Results are finally in. The winner this week is GrannyApples with 7/9. Well done on picking Melbourne. There were 2 in our comp who picked Melbourne.

attachicon.gifAFL Tipping round 13.jpeg

Nice call by Mr Smith and ripstanley to both pick Melbourne.

Mr Smith with 8,8 and 7 in the last 3 weeks is like a bush fire

raging out of controlw00t.gif

Hopefully burnt himself out

• Like 1

Results are finally in. The winner this week is GrannyApples with 7/9. Well done on picking Melbourne. There were 2 in our comp who picked Melbourne.

One doesn't count ones chickens before they hatch..

I'd be wary of Khun ripstanley ;)

But then again, we, along with Khun BM do support the flag favorites so if be wary of all of us ;)

• Like 2

Well then everyone raise your glass toast Mt Smith and piss on him together to put out the firebiggrin.png

• Like 1

Well then everyone raise your glass toast Mt Smith and piss on him together to put out the firebiggrin.png

Well I'm flattered that if I was on fire you'd piss on me to the fire out as opposed to the old saying tongue.png

Chooka is reminiscing about the good 'ol St Kilda team bonding days tongue.png

• Like 2

One doesn't count ones chickens before they hatch..

I'd be wary of Khun ripstanley wink.png

But then again, we, along with Khun BM do support the flag favorites so if be wary of all of us wink.png

Yep, it's a long way to go before the fat lady sings.

As they say, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Using that methodology, I guess no one should be worried about chooka then.

Sorry chooka, I'm only seriousbiggrin.png

Edited by Will27

Robbo says Buddy and Nic Nat’s critics should crawl back into their holes after pair’s dominant Round 13 displays

The Tackle (condensed version)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/robbo-says-buddy-and-nic-nats-critics-should-crawl-back-into-their-holes-after-pairs-dominant-round-13-displays/story-fniv702f-1226955122099

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Robbo says Buddy and Nic Nat’s critics should crawl back into their holes after pair’s dominant Round 13 displays

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/robbo-says-buddy-and-nic-nats-critics-should-crawl-back-into-their-holes-after-pairs-dominant-round-13-displays/story-fniv702f-1226955122099

Buddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Millionsssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic Nat...over paid?

KhunWill, how do you ratye your boy NicNat?

Nic Nat...over paid?

I think he's WCE's most important player. When he's up and about, we tend to win games.

He can and does things no other guy his size can do and lifts the others around him.

He has had some bad injuries, but when he's fit, he's like another midfielder. Chases blokes

down, fierce tackler and just an impact player. He's still only 24 and they say ruckmen don't

hit their pick until their late twenties.

Stats can tell you anything you want them to. It's like Trent Cotchin getting 30 possessions.

Ten will be cheapies running behind blokes for a handball and another 10 will be 25 meter

passes.

Then look at a guy like Stephen Hill from the Dockers. If he has 20 possessions, he generally

kills you. So it's no use just talking about his possessions. He has (Nic Nat) an impact just forcing the ball

forward at times.

As far as being over-paid, he has only just signed for about $800 000 a year (starting next year).

Probably a fraction, but ruckmen and forwards always get paid over the odds. I think Robbie Warnock

is on $400 000 a year and he is very ordinary IMO. Don't forget he's is a marketers dream as well.

IMO, every other club would move mountains to get him I think.

Yep, I'm a fan.

• Like 1

I think I will go back to the "close the eyes and point" way of picking the winners, trying to go on recent form means sweet FA at the moment although one straight kick to decide in 2 games was pretty close, the only team that didnt disapoint and stay totally to form was the saints, sorry chooka.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry chooka, I'm only serious alt=biggrin.png>

That's right Khun Will27, the fat lady usually doesn't come on stage until deep into the 4th quarter, possibly around the time added on mark tongue.png

Nic Nat...over paid?

I'm pretty sure - and I can't back it up because I can't be bothered using google to trawl back over six months worth of articles - Robbo was one of the Swan's biggest critics regarding the Buddy acquisition along with giving Buddy a shit load of grief early on in the season. If I've got the time today, I might just dig through it and see if I can back up my suspicions facepalm.gif

Buddy's earning his crust at the moment and this makes me happy and again, I'm pretty sure that I didn't jump on the bandwagon after Buddy's first couple of rounds this year. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of googling to back these huge statements up today coffee1.gif

Nic Nat overpaid? Hardly, the thing about Jack Jintle is he might not get a bucket load of posessions like say an Ablett but it's the energy that he brings to the side when he gets those touches, I thought he might have gone to GWS, but given Big Mummy drove up the M4 instead that probably put a stop to Nic heading cross the Nulla'

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry chooka, I'm only serious alt=biggrin.png>

That's right Khun Will27, the fat lady usually doesn't come on stage until deep into the 4th quarter, possibly around the time added on mark tongue.png

Nic Nat...over paid?

I'm pretty sure - and I can't back it up because I can't be bothered using google to trawl back over six months worth of articles - Robbo was one of the Swan's biggest critics regarding the Buddy acquisition along with giving Buddy a shit load of grief early on in the season. If I've got the time today, I might just dig through it and see if I can back up my suspicions facepalm.gif

Buddy's earning his crust at the moment and this makes me happy and again, I'm pretty sure that I didn't jump on the bandwagon after Buddy's first couple of rounds this year. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of googling to back these huge statements up today coffee1.gif

Nic Nat overpaid? Hardly, the thing about Jack Jintle is he might not get a bucket load of posessions like say an Ablett but it's the energy that he brings to the side when he gets those touches, I thought he might have gone to GWS, but given Big Mummy drove up the M4 instead that probably put a stop to Nic heading cross the Nulla'

For me the jury is still out on Nic Nat. I don't begrudge him his 800k but I'd like to see him consistent to a point of reliability, which i don't think he is at the moment. His ability to rove and get down low is a huge plus, but I'd like to see him work more off the ball at times.

Personally I thought Armfield, Thomas and Dawson were lucky to escape.

These days, It's either low impact or insufficient force.

Like Leigh Matthews said on Friday night "you have to knock them out now".

Well well well... Welcome to the 21st century!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-16/good-friday-go-ahead

Good to see.

A benefit now that Demetriou has gone.

I just hope the AFL don't cave in and give to the smaller clubs

like the WB.

Should be a show case blockbuster game methinks.

Yes it should be a grand final replay, this should make it a true spectacle.

• Like 1

And I see from that article that Tom Mitchell is also injured and wont be able to replace him.

Stick with Brandon Jack or an up and comer from the reserves? (i have already assumed Jakey Lloyd will be retained)

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-06-15/the-10-round-13

Top 10 plays of the week...

As for replacing Hanners, well, a bit of shuffling around the deck... I think Benny McGlynn will be right this week, so he'll slot back into the line up. Spiderman will probably move into the midfield.

U know, i forgot about Benny.

Would like to see Pyke back also. Derickx was outclassed in the Port game

And I see from that article that Tom Mitchell is also injured and wont be able to replace him.

Stick with Brandon Jack or an up and comer from the reserves? (i have already assumed Jakey Lloyd will be retained)

Gee I hope Mitchell isn't too bad.

Word on the soi is that he will be at West Coast next yearbiggrin.png

Yeah, I hope not, though Tommy would probably be good crumbing at the feet at Nic Nat , making him look even bettercrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif .

Sydney is almost certainly going to lose some good young midfielders this year or next. I dread to see a midfielder we had to let go performing week after week for another team....for the next ten years

• Like 1

Bookman's Technology Suggestion

if anyone has been watching the World Cup soccer you would have noticed the referee using a foam from a can to mark the line where a penalty wall is to be set.

I'd like to see this used in the AFL for the man on the mark when the opposing player is kicking for goal. It vanishes after a small period of time.

http://youtu.be/V5sOij86bjY

Yeah, I hope not, though Tommy would probably be good crumbing at the feet at Nic Nat , making him look even bettercrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif .

Sydney is almost certainly going to lose some good young midfielders this year or next. I dread to see a midfielder we had to let go performing week after week for another team....for the next ten years

Khun Will27, what have I told you about listening to Somchai at the somtam cart, he's only good at picking soccer scores :P

Can't see Mitchell moving on, pretty sure he's signed on for another year or so which will see him then extend given retirements of dual premiership players Goodesy, LRT and Bam Bam O'Keefe.

I can see Spiderman being offered some big coin to play elsewhere and he may be tempted. Hanner's might be the same. But as long as Sydney is featuring in the Top 4 for the foreseeable future, so to, will those players remain in the red & white.

• Like 2

Bookman's Technology Suggestion

if anyone has been watching the World Cup soccer you would have noticed the referee using a foam from a can to mark the line where a penalty wall is to be set.

I'd like to see this used in the AFL for the man on the mark when the opposing player is kicking for goal. It vanishes after a small period of time.

That looks good.

Would it slow the game down too much though?

I'm glad Benny Cousins isn't still playing, he'd try and snort ittongue.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2