Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

This just in:

AFL footballer arrested over sex assault.

North Melbourne AFL player Majak Daw has been arrested over an alleged sexual assault.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/06/16/19/32/afl-footballer-arrested-over-sex-assault#7PZtxc02kHcHyiYw.99

chooka, you still have Steve Milne's lawyer on speed dial? I hear Jimmy Brayshaw's looking for it ;)

• Like 2

Bookman's Technology Suggestion

if anyone has been watching the World Cup soccer you would have noticed the referee using a foam from a can to mark the line where a penalty wall is to be set.

I'd like to see this used in the AFL for the man on the mark when the opposing player is kicking for goal. It vanishes after a small period of time.

That looks good.

Would it slow the game down too much though?

I'm glad Benny Cousins isn't still playing, he'd try and snort ittongue.png

i don't think it would slow things down. Umpire stands on the mark anyway and points to the spot....just has to point and spray the can...or maybe , like Spiderman, sprays from the wrist ..maybe mark a line 30 centimetres or even less. Also good for the 5 metre rule.

Edited by BookMan

Gee I hope Mitchell isn't too bad.

Word on the soi is that he will be at West Coast next yearbiggrin.png

Yeah, I hope not, though Tommy would probably be good crumbing at the feet at Nic Nat , making him look even bettercrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif .

Sydney is almost certainly going to lose some good young midfielders this year or next. I dread to see a midfielder we had to let go performing week after week for another team....for the next ten years

Khun Will27, what have I told you about listening to Somchai at the somtam cart, he's only good at picking soccer scores tongue.png

Can't see Mitchell moving on, pretty sure he's signed on for another year or so which will see him then extend given retirements of dual premiership players Goodesy, LRT and Bam Bam O'Keefe.

I can see Spiderman being offered some big coin to play elsewhere and he may be tempted. Hanner's might be the same. But as long as Sydney is featuring in the Top 4 for the foreseeable future, so to, will those players remain in the red & white.

Parker is a must keep for Sydney. he has huge talent.

ROK and LRT will retire end of this year or Sydney needs to let them go and concentrate on youth. If Goodes keeps going like he has the last couple of weeks he could play on.

A wrap up of last nights footy shows.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-latest-jonathan-brown-retirement-pleas-and-melbournes-stunning-form-reversal/story-e6frg1xu-1226956660907

BookMan, does this sound familiar?

Dunstall on North Melbourne: “They’ve done it to me again ... just when you’re nearly

convinced that they’re genuine they do that (get beat badly) to you.”

• Like 1

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-latest-jonathan-brown-retirement-pleas-and-melbournes-stunning-form-reversal/story-e6frg1xu-1226956660907

Dunstall on North Melbourne: “They’ve done it to me again ... just when you’re nearly

Yep. Bl*oody North.ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

I'll never back them again xcool.png.pagespeed.ic.jz1nB6CMOI.png

Martin's handball under pressure when he was 20 metres out was interesting. As Martin protested, it is in the rules.

AFL will want to clarify that ASAP or we will be seeing a sudden rush or handballs under pressure for rushed behinds from 10-20 metres out

Martin's handball under pressure when he was 20 metres out was interesting. As Martin protested, it is in the rules.

AFL will want to clarify that ASAP or we will be seeing a sudden rush or handballs under pressure for rushed behinds from 10-20 metres out

To be honest, I'm not sure he was under that much pressure when he handballed it.

Having said that, if he was a foot out from goals I reckon he would've gotten away with it.

The distance did him in, in the end methinks.

I reckon the correct decision was made.

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm not sure he was under that much pressure when he handballed it.

Having said that, if he was a foot out from goals I reckon he would've gotten away with it.

The distance did him in, in the end methinks.

I reckon the correct decision was made.

Oh I totally agree he wasn't under pressure, but his argument was valid. if he had been under pressure in theory he would be within the rules to handball it through

Geez Bomber looked super uncomfortable on AFL360 last night, when talking about the ASADA issue but I do enjoy it when Bomber and Roosey are on the panel...

Going through the rest of it, Hutchy is the man with the finger on pulse and I think it's ridiculous for Matthew Lloyd to be trying to stand up for his BFF Hird by saying that the players shouldn't cop to a crime that they didn't commit. No, Lloydy that's why they've all gone out and got independant legal advise you f***king hack hasbeen... Never liked that bloke, on or off the field.

There'll be some young players issued show cause notices that will have NFI what was going on - and that's the real shame - that took what the Club said as good faith.

The Club and Hird need to man up for this, cop a deal and be done with it.

Geez Bomber looked super uncomfortable on AFL360 last night, when talking about the ASADA issue but I do enjoy it when Bomber and Roosey are on the panel...

Going through the rest of it, Hutchy is the man with the finger on pulse and I think it's ridiculous for Matthew Lloyd to be trying to stand up for his BFF Hird by saying that the players shouldn't cop to a crime that they didn't commit. No, Lloydy that's why they've all gone out and got independant legal advise you f***king hack hasbeen... Never liked that bloke, on or off the field.

There'll be some young players issued show cause notices that will have NFI what was going on - and that's the real shame - that took what the Club said as good faith.

The Club and Hird need to man up for this, cop a deal and be done with it.

Hird was the driving force behind it. Surely the club faithful can see that?

From the article.... 10 years of stability is what we all want for Buddy Billions!

Having children with Franklin is part of her 10-year plan.

''The puppy is the practice kid.

We have been together for a very long time, longer than most people know

- on and off for about three years,'' she said.

• Like 1

From the article.... 10 years of stability is what we all want for Buddy Billions!

Having children with Franklin is part of her 10-year plan.

''The puppy is the practice kid.

We have been together for a very long time, longer than most people know

- on and off for about three years,'' she said.

And Buddy returning to form after this?

Must be love :P

North Melbourne player Majak Daw denies alleged sex assault after arrest

UPDATE: AFL star Majak Daw has denied sex assault allegations being investigated by police.

The North Melbourne forward, who it has emerged was arrested last month over allegations dating back to 2007, has said he is horrified by the claims.

The alleged victim told investigators she was assaulted by Daw at Altona North when she was a teenager.

A Victoria Police statement said: “Sexual crimes squad detectives arrested and interviewed a 23-year-old Wyndham Vale man on May 25, 2014, in relation to historical sexual assault in Altona North in 2007.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/north-melbourne-player-majak-daw-denies-alleged-sex-assault-after-arrest/story-fni0fit3-1226956433472

North Melbourne player Majak Daw denies alleged sex assault after arrest

UPDATE: AFL star Majak Daw has denied sex assault allegations being investigated by police.

The North Melbourne forward, who it has emerged was arrested last month over allegations dating back to 2007, has said he is horrified by the claims.

The alleged victim told investigators she was assaulted by Daw at Altona North when she was a teenager.

A Victoria Police statement said: “Sexual crimes squad detectives arrested and interviewed a 23-year-old Wyndham Vale man on May 25, 2014, in relation to historical sexual assault in Altona North in 2007.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/north-melbourne-player-majak-daw-denies-alleged-sex-assault-after-arrest/story-fni0fit3-1226956433472

Have North played Carlton yet this year?

Can't imagine Malthouse calling Daw a rapist

like he did to Milnewhistling.gif

• Like 1

Arrested and interviewed on the 25th of May? News only to light almost a month later? Tsk tsk The Age rather slow off the mark tongue.png

He was 16 at the time and the girl around the same age. It has taken the girl 7 yrs to come forward and I think she is after her 15 minutes of fame.

Arrested and interviewed on the 25th of May? News only to light almost a month later? Tsk tsk The Age rather slow off the mark tongue.png

He was 16 at the time and the girl around the same age. It has taken the girl 7 yrs to come forward and I think she is after her 15 minutes of fame.

you thinking "Stephen Milne" syndrome chooka?

you thinking "Stephen Milne" syndrome chooka?

Unprovable in the Daw case, surely? 16 and happened 7 years back??

The Milne case was different wasn't it? Investigated at the time, but maybe not so thoroughly??

Speaking of dodgy St Kilda legends...Mark Jacko jackson! (albeit briefly)

• Like 1

Rape's one of those crimes that has no statute of limitations nowadays I think?

7 years is a bit of a stretch for some, I mean I'd hardly remember what I did 7 days ago, let alone 7 months or 7 years..

Though a traumatic experience one might be able to recall vividly..