Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Okay lads...

What are the 50/50 games this week?

Essendon V Adelaide?

GC V Geelong?

GWS V Carlton?

Melb V North?

Are Coll a chance against Hawthorn after losing last week?

Waiting for the teams shortly but like Ade, GC, GWS and North.

• Like 1

Okay lads...

Essendon V Adelaide?

GC V Geelong?

GWS V Carlton?

Melb V North?

Geelong have brought back 6 including Stevie J

but have lost Harry Taylor. I might go Geelong now.

It's a must win game for GC now as they've lost their

last 3 and have Hawthorn next week.

Cameron named for GWS but still in doubt. If he doesn't

get up, Carlton for me.

I think Essendon are shot and like Adelaides form.

North should beat Melbourne but that means they will

probably losebiggrin.png

Edited by Will27

Tigers for a left field roughy wink.png

blink.png

I hope not. Swannies got through the difficult Geelong/GoldCoast/Port 3 games period so they don't want to dive to Richmond

Richmond had the wood on them in 2011 and I think 2012.

Not in 2014 though

• Like 1

blink.png

I hope not. Swannies got through the difficult Geelong/GoldCoast/Port 3 games period so they don't want to dive to Richmond

Richmond had the wood on them in 2011 and I think 2012.

Not in 2014 though

Rohan and Hanneberry out fo rthe game.

Pyke in and also Zak Jones

Zak Jones ready to step out of brothers’ shadows in his Sydney Swans debut

SWANS debutant Zak Jones says a brutal football education growing up as the youngest of three brothers has equipped him perfectly for the AFL.

His older brother and Melbourne co-captain Nathan helped him with his attention to detail and his middle brother Josh taught him toughness.

The combination has earned him his first senior game in the red and white against Richmond at the MCG.

“Josh was the meanest out of all of us,” Jones said.

“He picked on me more than Nathan, but it’s made me tougher. Nathan was big on skills, he is a perfectionist he always wanted to do everything perfect.

“Josh is more likely to come in and throw you on the ground. It’s good having Nathan there but I get the tough side out of Josh.

“I was following in their footsteps, I kept trying to play with them mucking around in the backyard getting hurt and crying.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/zak-jones-ready-to-step-out-of-brothers-shadows-in-his-sydney-swans-debut/story-fni5fan6-1226960450637

Okay lads...

Essendon V Adelaide?

GC V Geelong?

GWS V Carlton?

Melb V North?

Hawthorn have Lake back which will help but they are still lacking defence from injuries

blink.png

Hehehe...

Just hoping to peg another one back on Khun Will27 ;)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

blink.png

Hehehe...

Just hoping to peg another one back on Khun Will27 wink.png

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You're working beautifully Mr Smith. Although I doubt I'll be picking against

Syd for the rest of the year.

The way you've been going lately, I fear I'll be trying to peg one back on you shortly.

I've got an uneasy about WCE and St this week. Someone tell me I'm being stupidblink.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

I like your thinking KhunWill.

My (possible) tips for the round:

Sydney

Bulldogs'

Collingwood

Geelong

Brisbane

Essendon (or Adelaide)

Carlton

St Kilda

North Melbourne

w00t.gif

rolleyes.gif

whistling.gif

clap2.gif

Sydney

Port

Hawthorn

Geelong

Freo

Adelaide

GWS

West Coast

North

• Like 1

If most people pick the favourites again this week, the margin could well determine the winner.

Having said that, you just know that there will be some upsets.

I'm still waiting on the "Tipster on Fire" Mr Smith to give us his thoughts,

Maybe he's keeping his powder drybiggrin.png

• Like 2

Another interesting article by Wayne Carey.

One rule for Gary Ablett, another for everyone else

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/one-rule-for-gary-ablett-another-for-everyone-else-20140619-zsezk.html#ixzz358mIYbcP

Are there two sets of rules when it comes to star players at clubs? Do they get preferential treatment to others?

The answer is yes. It’s undeniable. It’s been a part of sport for eternity.

If most people pick the favourites again this week, the margin could well determine the winner.

Having said that, you just know that there will be some upsets.

I'm still waiting on the "Tipster on Fire" Mr Smith to give us his thoughts,

Maybe he's keeping his powder drybiggrin.png

The key of course is to choose your tips before you know who is favourite

• Like 1

Another interesting article by Wayne Carey.

One rule for Gary Ablett, another for everyone else

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/one-rule-for-gary-ablett-another-for-everyone-else-20140619-zsezk.html#ixzz358mIYbcP

Are there two sets of rules when it comes to star players at clubs? Do they get preferential treatment to others?

The answer is yes. It’s undeniable. It’s been a part of sport for eternity.

There is no way Sydney would give Buddy any special favours crazy.gif

As a team game, it's true that it could do more harm to the team by giving one player special treatment.

On the other hand, if a player is in the league of Ablett, why not grant the favours? Other players who might be disgruntled could always get to his level and expect the same thing. Are some players elite and continue to be elite becasue they do train and recover slightly different than the masses?

IMO, there is a difference between special favours in training or feedback routine, than there is in special favours in allowing players to visit nightclubs/get pissed

• Like 1

Tipping this week seems pretty straight forward for the first 5 games (Suns could get up over the Cats, but would take some doing), it's the last 4 that present the challenge and throw up the opportunity for an upset or two...

I've got a feeling that the Giants will roll the Blues and I'm backing the Dees again this week to take home the choccies against North.

The Crows and Bombers is a sticky one, with no Chappy, I'm leaning towards the Crows but Fletcher is coming back in as well this week which could help clot the bleeding down back. Saints vs Eagles, could be the one to seperate the pack again.

Saints are at home but are struggling, Eagles have the form but aren't the best of travellers. I'm not waiting for the Saints to come marching in on this one, anyone got news on Dean Cox? Add to that Selwood's out for the season... There might be some re-evaluation come Sunday morning...

Edited by GrantSmith

Tipping this week seems pretty straight forward for the first 5 games (Suns could get up over the Cats, but would take some doing), it's the last 4 that present the challenge and throw up the opportunity for an upset or two...

I've got a feeling that the Giants will roll the Blues and I'm backing the Dees again this week to take home the choccies against North.

The Crows and Bombers is a sticky one, with no Chappy, I'm leaning towards the Crows but Fletcher is coming back in as well this week which could help clot the bleeding down back. Saints vs Eagles, could be the one to seperate the pack again.

Saints are at home but are struggling, Eagles have the form but aren't the best of travellers. I'm not waiting for the Saints to come marching in on this one, anyone got news on Dean Cox? Add to that Selwood's out for the season... There might be some re-evaluation come Sunday morning...

I've gone with the saints and GWS as the upsets.
  • Like 2

For me, the hardest 2 are GC/Geelong and Ess/Ade.

Quite a few ins for Geelong but Harry Taylor is a big out.

A genuine 50/50 methinks.

Chappy out for Ess is a big blow but Fletcher back in is a huge one.

You'd think Ess would come out snarling after last weeks loss and Ade

really have to start putting consecutive wins together.

I wouldn't put the ranch on WCE away from home but still think they should

be good enough to get the choccies against the St's. Cox being "rested" but

I think he should pull the pin now like Darren Glass did. Yeo is a big out but

hopefully the boys can cover him.

• Like 1

half time in the Swans V Richmond game and Tigers up by 14 points!

Swans have looked like they woke up 15 minutes before the game and will have to double their effort to win this one.

With the possession Richmond had they should be 40 points up at Half Time. 214 disposals to 144 blink.png

post-147205-0-41862800-1403262071_thumb.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If the Tiges don't get conservative in the 2nd half they'll be a chance..

Zak Jones activated for Shaw, not Shaw why though wink.png

I'm fairly shaw it was a twisted ankle

It wasn't pretty, but it was a grounded out win for the Bondi Billionaires...

Buddy stepping up again when it was needed, 4 straight...

Zak Jones looks to be a good use of a 1st round draft pick...

BuddyBillions! This week, worth every penny we are paying him under the table! laugh.png

Agree about Zak jones. He might have been better in the starting line up and Brandon jack as the Sub. There is talk that there are some reserves in better form than B.Jack.

Pyke could have had two goals...ended with none. Butterfingers kicked two which gives me hope.

All in all an awful game to watch but we'll take the 4 points.

9 wins a row now. Apparently Sydney haven't won 10 in a row for 80 years.

half time in the Swans V Richmond game and Tigers up by 14 points!

Swans have looked like they woke up 15 minutes before the game and will have to double their effort to win this one.

With the possession Richmond had they should be 40 points up at Half Time. 214 disposals to 144 blink.png

I think possession stats can be misleading at times though.

Cotchin had 22 at halftime and really didn't hurt Sydney at all.

I know Bruce and Dennis were going coco banana's over him, but

my mate from Oz phoned me and said that Gerard Healy said Cotchin

only averaged 6 meters gained per possession n the first half.

In congestion and bounced-downs fair enough, but to me, Cotchin just seems

to be getting a lot of cheapies these days and isn't damaging at all. If Jetta had

22 possessions by halftime, you'd be in big trouble. Not sure what you guys think.

Is Hardwick in trouble? Finishing 5th last year gave the club expectations. I know

they re-signed him last year for another 2 years (terrible decision), but they've gone

from 5th to 15th.

• Like 1

I thought the umpiring was very poor . Non free kicks against both sides were missing at vital stages of the game. I think the Swans were suffering from last weeks game.

Shaw was an injury to the ankle.

It was good to Goodes having a long run up field with a few bounces.

Buddy was even sighted in the defensive goal square. I was impressed.

Reid held some good marks and kicked goals

I think they were lucky but their class prevailed

• Like 2

I thought the umpiring was very poor . Non free kicks against both sides were missing at vital stages of the game. I think the Swans were suffering from last weeks game.

Shaw was an injury to the ankle.

It was good to Goodes having a long run up field with a few bounces.

Buddy was even sighted in the defensive goal square. I was impressed.

Reid held some good marks and kicked goals

I think they were lucky but their class prevailed

A couple of times i saw him down there and was also surprised.

Could of been a lot of free kicks going both ways resulting in shots at goals. I'm not sure what the deal was with all this holding on Buddy. What about the grab the leg one? How was that missed?

• Like 2