Loud Concerts at PaiYoon Beach In Ban Chang

maphraw

The last 2 weeks have begun a disturbing trend at Pai Yoon Beach near the Milford Condo in Ban Chang. Last week there were five days of extremely loud music from live bands playing on the beach. The music seemed to begin around 7PM and lasted until well after midnight. I am talking about super loud. I live in an apartment on the beach more than a half a kilometer from the area where the bands perform and I had to close my door and all my windows and it was still thunderously loud. Last night there was a similar scene with a band playing very loud music until quite late in the evening. I few years back these concerts were a regular occurrence but after numerous complaints by local residents, both Thai and expats they were stopped, I was told, by local government officials and the police. I feel sorry for the residents who live much closer to the music than I do. Some have to get up very early in the morning for their jobs. Some families have young children who need their sleep not to mention sick people who need their rest. And the guests staying at nearby hotels have a right to peace and quiet, as we all do, especially after 8-9 PM. Anyone sabotaging the amplifiers.

i live at the millford condos the music was loud but once I closed my windows and put on the air it was bearable I dropped off to sleep quickly, I find if you let the music annoy you it will keep you awake. I just ignore it and sleep very well.

My Thai wife and her friends enjoyed the fish festival and the music and went 3 times, so I sat on my balcony and enjoyed the fireworks and the music

Thailand is a noisy place I think all of Asia is noisy be it the street ,the markets or the shopping centres maybe you need to move to less asian country

Get used to the fact that there is no "zoning" of music venues, "nightlife" establishments, or other sources of noise (or sometimes industrial) pollution. Never buy or rent a place close to any Wat either.

Usually best off residing for any length of time in a walled village or "moo baan" here, but basically "Hell is other people". And also their dogs.

Edited by Rimmer
Profane
  • Like 1