Yingluck tearfully insists to stay on as caretaker PM

webfact

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange Yingluck is being condemned...when the real perpetrators are suthep and the democrats...have you not read what suthep and his mob demand...

45 million registered voters, 16 million vote for Yingluck and the PTP and yet 120,000 people say they know best - yes, that sounds democratic to me.

Suthep keep on walkin' tuzki-bunny-emoticon-010.gif

• Like 2

She should resign totally, and not even seek re-election. Disgusting puppet.

The world is watching, future investment and the growth of the country may well depend on the next move, She should be permitted to stay on as the caretaker, But not the 312 puppets who supported the changing of the charter, they should be removed with immediate effect.

The investors will return in their droves if Yingluk stepped down too. The only reason she is still there is because it is her brother clinging to power through her, and that is what is keeping the country unstable.

All 312, and HER.

Strange Yingluck is being condemned...when the real perpetrators are suthep and the democrats...have you not read what suthep and his mob demand...

45 million registered voters, 16 million vote for Yingluck and the PTP and yet 120,000 people say they know best - yes, that sounds democratic to me.

Quite obviously Yingluck and the whole PTP government doesn't agree with you Fabby because she dissolved the parliament, it was all fair it was all democratic and it was all voluntary.

Seeking re-election is the top of shameless....

Why should she NOT seek re-election? What is wrong about that? If she can get a majority of votes - whether bought or not - it is then the obvious choice of the majority of the Thai voters to say "we don't care about being ripped off, we don't care about having a corrupt government, we don't care about her brother being a criminal on the run".

The problem is purely with the opposition parties who are unable to convince voters that they would be better off with voting for them.

Her family has divided the nation through their disgusting abuse of power. If she or another family member stands gain the protests will continue.

The country can't move forward and people will continue to die until they leave. If they had a shred of interest in the country's welfare, leave they would.

Getting elected is not a license to behave like a pig in a trough.

Did the "democrats" not abuse power once they were installed by the Army coup?

Could the country move forward if the majority of the voters don't feel represented in a forcefully installed new government, what ever you call it?

Getting put in power through a coup is no licence at all

Nope... I don't think they did abuse their power. can you give us specific incidents?

I am sure you mean abuse of power at least slightly in comparison with the huge abuses of power from This Thaksin government.

Be very interesting for someone from your side of the fence to highlight how bad the Dems were.

Please do not bother using the same old BS about robbing the poor to pay the rich, unless of course you can go into explicit details as to how they have done this.... It will be a first time explanation, because nobody else has actually been able to explain that same old rubbish with any details at all.

Edited by Nibbles48
  • Like 1

She says her brother will stay out of Thai politics for the good of the country. Fair enough, people might be prepared to accept that providing he doesn't insist on his family being in charge of the Prime Minister's office, the Defence Ministry and the Foreign Ministry.

If he does then nothing has changed. He's not staying out of politics he's just staying out of the country.

• Like 1

Why should she NOT seek re-election?

She's incompetent to begin with...

If the Thai people agree she's incompetent then they won't vote for her. That's democracy my friend!

Not so! If she offers enough electoral bribes, the venal idiots well aware she is incompetent may still vote for her. one of the requirements of a real democracy is an educated and informed populace. That is sadly lacking here, and the party that has been in power for so many years has done SFA to change that situation; and why should they, it suits them.

What will have this time? A ton of rotten rice for every PTP voter, double the minimum wage and watch inflation spiral, rice subsidies at B30,000/ton, more tablets?

Suthep and crew are doing their utmost to ensure that there is real violence but so far they have not got their wish to any extent. Now building semi permanent structures to further antagonize.

An Army intervention is probably the only way his Dems ( Sorry, ordinary people now-what will they do for a living?) may have some sort of unelected power the ridiculous "peoples council" should be laughed out by every sane person if there are any left.

• Like 2

the amount of good Thais that have been damaged by the corruption ot PT and Thaksin is massive ...and she cryscheesy.gif ...TOUGH She still has BILLIONS in the bank so I think she will get over it pretty quickly.giggle.gif

if their would be such a "massive amount of good Thais" that have been affected, they surely would not vote for PM Yingluck again, right? So why do Suthep and all the other democrats fear the re-elections'

Or do you want to point out that their is en even bigger amount of "bad" Thais - and even more imply that all Thai who vote for Yingluck are "bad Thais"???

They don't fear the elections. This is all about reform to remove Thaksin corruption and interference. This is also about a complete overhaul to bring fair elections for the first time where no money is used to buy the vote, and an end to populist policies aimed at getting the northern village vote at the cost of the national economy.

Also making the constitution less vulnerable to misinterpretation and manipulation by a single majority party who have only their own dynastic interests at heart.

If I was leader of the opposition who had a long history of failing in elections due to millions of vote being corruptly bought away from my party, then I would not want to continue with that 'so called' brand of democracy.

Edited by Nibbles48
  • Like 1

Red counting systems are amazing. Every time an anti-Thaksin number is quoted it is reduced further from the lowest number cited ignoring much higher estimates; and every red count grows exponentially from the unbelievable original.

If we accept the logic that Pheua Thai voters knew they were getting a puppet, as the slogan went' Thaksin thinks, Pheua Thai does', then they and Yingluck have to accept criticism that her position is humiliating and demeaning for Thais. Nobody wants to have their national leader ridiculed as a puppet even if they win an election. Doesn't Yingluk remember the hatred in Bangkok for Thaksin just a few years ago?

But she kept maintaining she was in charge, in spite of ministers openly talking about visiting Thaksin for consultations all the time.

If she was really in charge, would she have allowed a highly risky bill like the amnesty bill to be tabled? Absolutely not.

If she stands again and wins, the accusations of being a puppet will remain.The middle class and an increasing number of the working class will continue to hate her, or more to the point, her and her elder brother and sister.( Somchai the brother-in-law is too dull to care about and Oak is just a boy).

The Shinawats have become a burden for Pheua Thai. But after 12 years of being treated as mere junior employees by Thaksin, can they break out of their own mental prison. Can they free themselves or have these long years sapped all their energy and self esteem, leaving them craving for the safety of the jail?

• Like 1

the amount of good Thais that have been damaged by the corruption ot PT and Thaksin is massive ...and she cryscheesy.gif ...TOUGH She still has BILLIONS in the bank so I think she will get over it pretty quickly.giggle.gif

if their would be such a "massive amount of good Thais" that have been affected, they surely would not vote for PM Yingluck again, right? So why do Suthep and all the other democrats fear the re-elections'

Or do you want to point out that their is en even bigger amount of "bad" Thais - and even more imply that all Thai who vote for Yingluck are "bad Thais"???

They don't fear the elections. This is all about reform to remove Thaksin corruption and interference. This is also about a complete overhaul to bring fair elections for the first time where no money is used to buy the vote, and an end to populist policies aimed at getting the northern village vote at the cost of the national economy.

Also making the constitution less vulnerable to misinterpretation and manipulation by a single majority party who have only their own dynastic interests at heart.

If I was leader of the opposition who had a long history of failing in elections due to millions of vote being corruptly bought away from my party, then I would not want to continue with that 'so called' brand of democracy.

1514025.gif

• Like 2