Abhisit ready to defend murder case in Criminal Court

webfact

Well, it is clear that the army under Abhisit's command did shoot 90 unarmed demonstrators in the head. That is merely a statement of fact. The question is, is he culpable (yes, since he ordered it), and was it illegal (not in Thailand)

Astroturfing troll

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care much for Abhisit or what he represents, but he deserves credit for walking into the courtroom and standing up against whatever comes. Unlike his "indicted co-conspirator", the would-be dictator Suthep.

The case will go nowhere, and will ultimately be dismissed. It's a loser for PTP to pursue this.

Although for sure it's a loser for the PTP to pursue I have little sympathy for a man who while the protest was still peaceful and this started going on...

"The army were firing live rounds on civilians. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself"

Paul, British teacher

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8612783.stm

Has the same night on national Television a spokesman say:

A government spokesman denied reports that live rounds had also been fired.

"There were no live bullets fired at protesters," Panitan Wattanayagorn said on national TV, AFP agency reported.

I don't know about you but I tend to believe Paul the English teacher and if the BBC knew there is little doubt Abhisit knew too.

a) Eye-witness reports are notoriously unreliable

B) So is the BBC

Quite simply during Thaksins 2010 attack on Bangkok yes they were offered early elections by PM Abhisit which they declined.

LINK?

PS : Good luck finding it. The only Red Shirt demand was new elections as a loophole in the Thai constitution had allowed individual MPs to switch sides in between elections giving the Dems enough MPs to form the "coalition".

What on earth makes you think it is a loophole? That ability is there BY DESIGN. Members are elected personally, and they have the absolute right to change allegience according to their conscience. That is how it is supposed to work. Just like, well, everywhere.

That you do not lknow this makes you ignorant. Try education, demonstrating that you have some will improve how others perceive you.

Abhisit the hypocite .

Accuses former PM Somchai of not being Thai and not even human when two protesters get killed when police try to disperse PAD protesters. Later he files a murder charge against him

Now he wants Yingluck to take responsibility for this and that but won't admit to his own culpability for the 2010 deaths.

Hardly surprising the Democrats don't want to face another election. He is as despised as Thaksin, probably more so.

As for amnesty....not an issue for them as they all seem to have immunity......a much better arrangement

Google "dead red shirts 2010" and click on "images". Then google "thai sniper 2010" and click on images. Notice all the images of soldiers with guns and red shirts with slingshots. They also had firecrackers...

They also had guns and grenades apparently

Abhisit the hypocite .

Accuses former PM Somchai of not being Thai and not even human when two protesters get killed when police try to disperse PAD protesters. Later he files a murder charge against him

Now he wants Yingluck to take responsibility for this and that but won't admit to his own culpability for the 2010 deaths.

Hardly surprising the Democrats don't want to face another election. He is as despised as Thaksin, probably more so.

As for amnesty....not an issue for them as they all seem to have immunity......a much better arrangement

I didn't realise PM Somchai had murder charges against him. I can't find any links to any stories about any charges being filed either. Do you have any other information on that?

Hard to stay allied with a disbanded party.

True. However voters would have every right to feel cheated.

If you tell them you are going to give thgem 100,000 baht they have the rignt to feel happy. but it still dosen't put any money in theior poclet.

Notice I short changed it. Thackson actually said give him six months and they would all be rich. they were happy with that.

How much did they get?

Abhisit the hypocite .

Oh dear, what a confused and incoherent post.

Please try again, and try to support your conjecture with at least some semblence of evidence or reasoning.

Abhisit the hypocite .

I didn't realise PM Somchai had murder charges against him. I can't find any links to any stories about any charges being filed either. Do you have any other information on that?

Yes...he was aquitted. It was very quietly reported ( Bangkok Post ) in two lines that the charges were dropped. This was after Abhistit had given the go ahead for a free fire zone. So no surprise there then. Could hardly continue with Somchais case when Abhisits was so glaringly worse.

Justice in Thailand all depends on who you are and how much money you have.

Abhisit the hypocite .

Yes...he was aquitted. It was very quietly reported ( Bangkok Post ) in two lines that the charges were dropped. This was after Abhistit had given the go ahead for a free fire zone. So no surprise there then. Could hardly continue with Somchais case when Abhisits was so glaringly worse.

Justice in Thailand all depends on who you are and how much money you have.

And not one mention of the murder charges or the acquittal found on various google searches. It must have been VERY quiet.

I can't find any evidence that it happened.

Well, it is clear that the army under Abhisit's command did shoot 90 unarmed demonstrators in the head. That is merely a statement of fact. The question is, is he culpable (yes, since he ordered it), and was it illegal (not in Thailand).

And the award for the troll post of the day goes to..............