Ubon Ratchanthani: Email adresses of T3 Mansion and Lake View Mansion

Max333

Hello,

I'll be in Ubon in March/April and wanna contact a couple of mansions for accommodation.

One of them is the T3 House, 1/1 Soi Sapphasit 1, Sapphasit Rd., Nai Muang, Muang, Ubon Ratchathani, UR 34000, Thailand.

Another one is the Lakeview Mansion 19 Jangsanit Rd. Soi 3, Ubon Ratchathani 34000, Tel: (045) 285859, e-mail: [email protected].

I called both of them, but unfortunately the guys I talked to didn't speak any english and my Thai is yet to grow wai2.gif .

So I sent a mail to [email protected] and got an automatic reply that to this adress my mail could not be delivered.

I changed it to [email protected], but same result.

So does anyone happen to know the email adresses of these two mansions?

I wanna ask for availability and if there are monthly rates available and how much on top for electricity and water ( by the way, what is a "normal" charge for water and electricity?)

The same questions I sent to the Phadaeng and the Costly Place and Nartsiri, no replies yet.

Thanks, Max333

Can't help with emails but have stayed overnight in all the places you mentioned. Lake view do monthly rentals from about 4000 a month. Its a bit tired but livable.

The other places are not know for monthly stays but im sure they would if shown enough cash.

T3 is the best of the bunch but no english tv when i stayed.

I would stay at The Outside Inn (google for contact details and the owner is from usa i think) for a few days and look for an apartment that do monthly rentals. A nice room can be had from 3500 a month with ac . wifi and tv etc. Elec is 7baht a unit with water about 100 baht a month

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply zoolander.

I met the american owner of the "Outside Inn". Nice guy, has two rooms which he rents out on a monthly base, both occupied by South Africans who work as English teachers.

The other rooms rented out on a daily base, but probably worth a try for a couple of nights. Must be tranquil out there where they are.

Do 3500-4500 Baht get you a decent room?

I'd rather pay a bit more if necessary.

I'm not looking for luxury, but I don't want the place to be too worn and I hate tiny rooms.

Any other place than on my list you would recommend to stay for a month?

The best room i stayed in was Bann Thai (near ptt gas station on airport rd). 3700 a month but they overcharge on electric. However, for size of room it's worth the overcharging it you don't mind paying extra to be scammed. They also do larger rooms on the top floor.

There have been a number of new mansions built recently,some charging farangs 5-6000 a month. From what i have seen they are all similar size (studio's). But there may well be other places that i have not seen.

Although all places offer free wifi the speeds obtained are usually very poor. Best to buy an aircard and get a plan from TrueMove 3gh (the best of a bad bunch).

You could ask a few locals in Peppers Bakery. Avoid paying someone to help you from the farang bars as places are easy to find yourself and Ubon is a small town. Rent a motorcycle from Darren at JJ's and scoot around town.

I don't live there anymore but good luck

• Like 1

Chatsuree, Fundee and A+ are other central Ubon mansions that are very similar to Phadaeng* - less well feted but just as good and also 500 baht a night (A+ 50baht cheaper). But you do not speak Thai. I don't know about Fundee's English skills, Chatsuree had none when I stayed 6 months ago. Phadaeng is so so on English and so is A+

Don't know whether Chatsuree does long term stays. A+ did a 2 month stay for about 350-400 baht a night for a guy who hashed with us a year ago

* The typical central Ubon mansion(Phadaeng/Chatsuree/Natsiri/Fundee/A+)**:

500 baht a night.

Bound to go up in price significantly in 2014 - or already? - IMO (unless a few more are built quickly - not aware of any similarly large ones under construction)

No breakfast: sometimes free coffee and maybe a nibble in the reception area. Typically you have to go outside the hotel to eat.

Modern, clean and still well maintained

Room typically 30-35 sqm (ie quite big for the price). Tiled and with functional but OK furniture. 6 foot kingsizebed with firm to hard matress. Clean linens but basic cotton

Bathroom "shower over toilet style" (ie wet-room tiled with open shower). Clean functional and not cramped 8-10 sqm. Showers work fine but medium flow

Good free parking outside. Free (but cheapo) soap and shampoo.

TV (usually 32+ inch flat-screen) with a huge range of mostly Thai TV channels. You may get one or two English movie, news and sports channels. You may well get a premium sports channel but the English language commentary option will not be selectable.

Tiled corridors - can be noisy early in the morning as people clack there way out

Usually bookable within a few days (same day out of season) but becoming more popular as people spot the value

Refrigerator usually with free water

Soft drinks and alcohol paid fridge at reception

No safety box in room. I have never asked about or tried reception facilities

Dubious English skills. Rarely answer e-mails. They mostly can't write English - this is Thailand and these are not your major tourist destination type hotels. You may hit lucky depending who is on the desk, but Stick with Outside Inn or something double the price plus if you want good English language capabilities. None of them are a problem if you are a backpacker type who can just show up (or use Agoda for booking at discounted nightly rate in the case of all but Phadaeng and Chatsuree who frankly don't need to bother) and is not embarrassed to use sign language and pigeon English.

**T3 is similar but a bit trendier and a bit more expensive.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Chatsuree, Fundee and A+ are other central Ubon mansions that are very similar to Phadaeng* - less well feted but just as good and also 500 baht a night (A+ 50baht cheaper). But you do not speak Thai. I don't know about Fundee's English skills, Chatsuree had none when I stayed 6 months ago. Phadaeng is so so on English and so is A+

Don't know whether Chatsuree does long term stays. A+ did a 2 month stay for about 350-400 baht a night for a guy who hashed with us a year ago

* The typical central Ubon mansion(Phadaeng/Chatsuree/Natsiri/Fundee/A+)**:

500 baht a night.

Bound to go up in price significantly in 2014 - or already? - IMO (unless a few more are built quickly - not aware of any similarly large ones under construction)

No breakfast: sometimes free coffee and maybe a nibble in the reception area. Typically you have to go outside the hotel to eat.

Modern, clean and still well maintained

Room typically 30-35 sqm (ie quite big for the price). Tiled and with functional but OK furniture. 6 foot kingsizebed with firm to hard matress. Clean linens but basic cotton

Bathroom "shower over toilet style" (ie wet-room tiled with open shower). Clean functional and not cramped 8-10 sqm. Showers work fine but medium flow

Good free parking outside. Free (but cheapo) soap and shampoo.

TV (usually 32+ inch flat-screen) with a huge range of mostly Thai TV channels. You may get one or two English movie, news and sports channels. You may well get a premium sports channel but the English language commentary option will not be selectable.

Tiled corridors - can be noisy early in the morning as people clack there way out

Usually bookable within a few days (same day out of season) but becoming more popular as people spot the value

Refrigerator usually with free water

Soft drinks and alcohol paid fridge at reception

No safety box in room. I have never asked about or tried reception facilities

Dubious English skills. Rarely answer e-mails. They mostly can't write English - this is Thailand and these are not your major tourist destination type hotels. You may hit lucky depending who is on the desk, but Stick with Outside Inn or something double the price plus if you want good English language capabilities. None of them are a problem if you are a backpacker type who can just show up (or use Agoda for booking at discounted nightly rate in the case of all but Phadaeng and Chatsuree who frankly don't need to bother) and is not embarrassed to use sign language and pigeon English.

**T3 is similar but a bit trendier and a bit more expensive.

Thank you SantiSuk, great reply.

I'm aware of the poor english skills and I don't mind it. I've been travelling so many times off the usual tourist path in Thailand, I really should have learned some Thai by now, shame on me...

I think I'll just book two nights by Agoda or so and then will shop around.

Why do you think those mansions will raise their prices significantly in 2014?

Spoiled by great business?

Edited by Max333

We got a walk in Price of 500Bt in April this year at the T3 and allowed 3 people to stay in one of the rooms.

Thx malct, Agoda charges 700/night. I think I'll really just walk in and ask a few if they offer monthly deals as well.

How did you like the room there?

Because everything else is going up and the hotel rates have stayed pretty static for several years. Makes no sense to me as an investor/economic observer. Still TIT!

Yes, you are right. On the other hand investors never seem to put any more money into a building in order to maintain or increase its value...

Those places are good value anyway.

We got a walk in Price of 500Bt in April this year at the T3 and allowed 3 people to stay in one of the rooms.

Thx malct, Agoda charges 700/night. I think I'll really just walk in and ask a few if they offer monthly deals as well.

How did you like the room there?

For me T3 have the best rooms of the budgets in Ubon. I reviewed it (and other budget hotels) and posted pics here if you are interested.

http://www.memock.com/2013/01/11/t3-house-ubon-ratchathani/

I have been told that they now have English channels on the box as well.

• Like 1

My TripAdvisor review

one of the things that your greeted with in the room is a do's and don't book, it states that the hotel will not be held responsible if anything goes missing, It states that women should take care when on a period or have dyed there hair because any damage to the bedding will be charged to the room.
My wife was arriving with 3 family members and i arranged a double room for them to stay in. I paid through Agoda 700 baht for my booking and booking direct it was 500 baht, So i had 3 people staying in a double room for 500 baht and the hotel was OK with it.
I cant fault the hotel, it had nice indoor seating areas, but lacked a outdoor seating area which the hotel has plenty of room to do.
Staff very nice and helpful, you have to pay a deposit for the room key of 100 Baht.

• Like 1

Hi Max333,

This is Brent from The Outside Inn. Thanks to you for thinking of us and to others for mentioning us. You are correct, we're unfortunately only able to have a maximum of one or two rooms available for monthly rentals due to our small size, and they've been filled by the same two guys since we've opened. However, we do offer 10% off for anyone staying a week or more, so that would get you down to 585 Baht for one of our Deluxe AC Rooms w/ king bed including full breakfast every morning (eggs to order or french toast, yogurt, fruit, toast, unlimited brewed coffee, fruit juice, etc.). Just wanted to make sure you knew of our discount for longer stays. Feel free to email (on our website) if you'd like to talk more. Regardless of where you stay, stop by and say hi sometime! Would be great to see you and catch up.

Best,

Brent