Shooting and Knife Fight Outside Pattaya Bar Is Ignored

Benmart

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why does the video link not work, why when i hover my mouse over the link do i get a message about winning a prize...why do i get the feeling this poster is a lying ******** writing an attention getting story to earn clicks?

He ain't lying. I did not see it, but know several others who did. I even saw the cartidge cases that someone (not the police) picked up.

As for posting the video, perhaps OP does not know how to do it. Nothing unusual in that - I would not know how.

Thanks. Yes, one Thai employee from a nearby business picked up one of the bullet casings.

It sounds like A nightclub not far from where I use to live.maybe about A 30 man fight after the place closed at 2A.M.I would have liked to have been at this place.You had cheap entertainment .I probably wouldn't have called the law.Maybe had A better video system set up for the next night.

The OP appears to be well educated and his principles praiseworthy.

I believe he knows he is "tilting at wind wills"...so why ? Maybe he is missing the direct or indirect involvement in previous police work. Those from the sharp end have probably had their fill. The reality of the situation here suggests that a 'phone call and posting the video would fulfil the objectives of the OP. Going to the police is unwise I believe. From a Robert Deniro movie "mutts killing mutts in Muttsville"

Sent from my P2000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I hope that you never are the victim of a crime, when others turn a blind eye and fail to step forward in your search for justice.

Except I have been victim of a violent street crime here, in my case it was altercation with 2 local guys, broken beer bottle in one guys hand, he missed cos I was moving fast.

His friend had an iron bar, I was not so lucky. Have stiches from 8 years ago to prove it, and a receipt for 3000 baht from Memorial hospital.

There were people watching as it happened, locals and foreigners, nobody did a thing. I dont blame them, they prolly wanted to stay alive, and I understand them.

The only reason Im alive, I managed to jump on a moving baht bus, and guys couldn't run as fast.

That is why Im advising you to forget the incident.

It is just advise, please dont be angry w me.

• Like 1

Cant understand the 'run n hide' brigade

Recent history shows that <deleted> all gets done UNTIL a damning video clip goes viral

Run and hide is mostly because of wish to stay alive, or very least to avoid serious injury.

But Im all for posting the clip on YT.

After clip goes viral and when the telephone rings at soi 9, and some general from Chonburi yells at some local colonel, to make it at least appear as if they are doing their job, maybe some resemblance of investigation may take place. Maybe.

Oh, btw 'run and hide' is human survival instinct.

Or, some want to see what happened. I dont.

Seen a few here live.

Fights here are boring, 20 locals keep kicking some guy laying on ground, prolly unconcious, at least not moving..

So they are not really fights, more like brutal executions, alltho sometimes victim stays alive. Not fun to watch. Sickening really.

For blood and violence, may I suggest LiveLeaks

Edited by valgehiir
  • Like 1

I witnessed a policeman handcuff a drunk Russian that was causing a disturbance.

Then he stepped back and the Thai crowd set on him. He was kicked and kicked and kicked and stomped in the head... and finally one guy cracked his skull with a big piece of wood. CRACK! Probably killed the guy.

I too, stopped to make a video of the action.

When they cracked his head, I instinctively yelled NO! The cop & crowd spotted me and I took off and stayed away from that street for a long time.

I would hate to live a life where I was so scared to speak out for fear of offending someone because experience has taught me that my judgement is mostly fair & so to (mis?) quote Martin Niemöller :

“First they came for the communists, and I did not speak Out..

This is a very famous quote.

If you try to live according to principles in that monologue, your life in Thailand will be short, or you spend it in a wheel chair, after standing up for the repressed, or more likely assaulted people.

This saying, the quote, does not apply here.

Here it would go something like this:

I saw a man being beat up, i walked away cos my health is important to me

I witnessed a robbery, i never claimed I never saw a thing, cos I wish to stay here and not move

I was stiffed and i want my money back - forget your loss, its only money, it could have been much worse.

That saying you quoted, applies in civilized society, where people who live there have equal rights.

Not here.

I witnessed a policeman handcuff a drunk Russian that was causing a disturbance.

Then he stepped back and the Thai crowd set on him. He was kicked and kicked and kicked and stomped in the head... and finally one guy cracked his skull with a big piece of wood. CRACK! Probably killed the guy.

I too, stopped to make a video of the action.

When they cracked his head, I instinctively yelled NO! The cop & crowd spotted me and I took off and stayed away from that street for a long time.

Thats a great story, thanks for sharing. The bit where you instinctively yelled "No!" was captivating.

You were right to turn and run away though, god only know what danger you were in.

If I was the OP, I would back out of it and don't pursue it any further and most certainly don't post the video

Sometimes it's better to walk away wai.gif

. OP would take the prize for idiot of the month. Sticks his nose into Thai business,it's obvious to the entire readership,except him, that the cops are getting their cut.then he goes on about "casting the crime scene",straight from CSI on tele.

Well, there could be several reasons for not posting the video. I think I know this bar and I think it is a gay-karaoke bar with closed walls so outsiders cannot see what is going on in there. Probably the big bunch of people on the video includes some customers and some of them could be gays in closet and it would be rather big invasion of their privacy to post the video on youtube.

Oh, btw 'run and hide' is human survival instinct.

Odd I was always taught it was a coward's M.O.

I would hate to live a life where I was so scared to speak out for fear of offending someone because experience has taught me that my judgement is mostly fair & so to (mis?) quote Martin Niemöller :

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak Out..

This is a very famous quote.

If you try to live according to principles in that monologue, your life in Thailand will be short, or you spend it in a wheel chair, after standing up for the repressed, or more likely assaulted people.

This saying, the quote, does not apply here.

Here it would go something like this:

I saw a man being beat up, i walked away cos my health is important to me

I witnessed a robbery, i never claimed I never saw a thing, cos I wish to stay here and not move

I was stiffed and i want my money back - forget your loss, its only money, it could have been much worse.

That saying you quoted, applies in civilized society, where people who live there have equal rights.

Not here.

Martin Niemöller / Civilised society / equal rights !!!!!!!

Pray tell what are you self medicating with

Just curious what the OP expected when he moved into a condo in the middle of a circus? Having lived in high-traffic tourist areas myself, I understand the frustration. You either adapt, accept it or move. Not many other options because if you make waves, you will be the one to pay the price.

and, next time, don't bring a knife to a gun fight smile.png

Just curious what the OP expected when he moved into a condo in the middle of a circus? Having lived in high-traffic tourist areas myself, I understand the frustration. You either adapt, accept it or move. Not many other options because if you make waves, you will be the one to pay the price.

.... or a camera to a shoot out

• Like 1

Why get involved in this OP? You say you live in the high rise condo overlooking the bar. You cannot, I assume, be the only resident disturbed by this. Are you a one-man-Farang-vigilante?

Take the advice of others on this thread and back away.

Please look up the definition of vigilante. Your advice is well taken, although if everyone were to shy away from adversity, then our destiny might be dictated by the whims of others.

.... or a camera to a shoot out

...or presumption to an event you were not present at.

Well, there could be several reasons for not posting the video. I think I know this bar and I think it is a gay-karaoke bar with closed walls so outsiders cannot see what is going on in there. Probably the big bunch of people on the video includes some customers and some of them could be gays in closet and it would be rather big invasion of their privacy to post the video on youtube.

It used to be that type bar, however, it closed for extensive renovations and reopened with a distinctly straight, young, Thai clientele.