Gmm Championship Games - Which Package

dsfbrit

I went and bought a GMM receiver today. Just the standard one, not the HD.

I connected it up and it works fine with my old True dish.

So far so good. I am now trying to decide which package I need. There is the Gold package for about 200 baht per month and the Platinum package for about 500 baht per month.

I only want to watch Nottingham Forest games (ie the Championship) - anyone know which package I need???

Thanks for your help

Thanks Wilai for the advice.

I thought if I did not use the GMM box long term, then I could let my wife use it for the free Thai channels and maybe get rid of Sophon, the local cable company we use.

The trouble is the FTA channels do not have my wife's favourite local Pattaya news amongst them, so it looks like I may soon have another 'door stop', joining all the other old boxes in the 'receiver graveyard', if the number of Championship games is very few!!!biggrin.png

Edited by dsfbrit

They show plenty of Championship games! All the games that SKY show, plus a 10pm k.o each weekend.

They recently ramped up the cost of it. Details are here.... http://www.gmmgrammy.com/en/satellite.htm

I currently get Sport Extra for free, as it has always been free, even since they introduced the new packages, although checking the website out now I'm wondering if this will continue for much longer. Usually the 10pm games are on Sport extra. But Midweek and the early KO games are on the platinum package football extra, which is 500bht p/m and you pay at 7/11. Call them when you pay as they need you to press a few buttons on the remote to get the band number of the box. The good news is that you aren't tied into a contract so if F****t aren't on, then you don't have to renew.

usually they publish live fixtures by Wednesday here...http://www.gmmsport.com/highlightsprogram2.php (sometimes you have to click "next week" to get most recently updated version)

As well as champ footy, they offer Bundesliga and League cup games.

I have 365sport tv too. They show the early Champ games and so far when the mighty LCFC have been on at 10pm it's been on the free channel, sport extra. You do get Fox sports, start sports and sports news with the platinum package too.

"If I had the wings of an eagle....." wink.png

Edited by bangkok blue

They show plenty of Championship games! All the games that SKY show, plus a 10pm k.o each weekend.

They recently ramped up the cost of it. Details are here.... http://www.gmmgrammy.com/en/satellite.htm

I currently get Sport Extra for free, as it has always been free, even since they introduced the new packages, although checking the website out now I'm wondering if this will continue for much longer. Usually the 10pm games are on Sport extra. But Midweek and the early KO games are on the platinum package football extra, which is 500bht p/m and you pay at 7/11. Call them when you pay as they need you to press a few buttons on the remote to get the band number of the box. The good news is that you aren't tied into a contract so if F****t aren't on, then you don't have to renew.

usually they publish live fixtures by Wednesday here...http://www.gmmsport.com/highlightsprogram2.php (sometimes you have to click "next week" to get most recently updated version)

As well as champ footy, they offer Bundesliga and League cup games.

I have 365sport tv too. They show the early Champ games and so far when the mighty LCFC have been on at 10pm it's been on the free channel, sport extra. You do get Fox sports, start sports and sports news with the platinum package too.

"If I had the wings of an eagle....." wink.png

bb, on the schedule it ses "club channel" what actual channel is that please ?

I think they have deals with arsenal, man city and ac Milan to show magazine shows and games in delay. But when necessary they use it to show live games from bundesliga and French ligue 1. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My mistake, didn't see that on the gold package!

Edited by alfieconn

Bangkok Blue, thanks for all that info.

I connected the standard GMM box to my old True offset dish and it worked first time - I was very impressed.

When I contacted the GMM help line to get the Platinum package for a month to try it out, it was not so good. They seemed to be saying that I needed to register the box first??? I thought I could do this over the phone, but they want me to go back to the shop and register the box there - is that right ??? or have I misunderstood ?? I speak Thai, but sometimes I don't have the vocabulary for some technical discussions.

I just bought the GMM receiver, I did not want the Gold package offer, so maybe that is why I was not registered at the shop???

I was also thinking that as well as /or instead of GMM, I may use my 10 foot C-Band mesh dish for CTH on the C-Band. I am changing the old C-Band LNB now and the coax as I could not get a signal at all, even using my satellite finder. It has not been used for a few years and the cable etc.. looks pretty manky.

I used the GMM receiver to test the C-Band operation on the mesh disk. So if I end up not using the GMM receiver, I can at least use it as a test receiver for the large dish on C-Band!!!!

As you can see I have given up trying to decide which is the better option and am going to fill the house with receivers, well for CTH and GMM anyway and then take out their service for a month and compare.

Mind you, Sport365 would be my preferred option, if I thought it would be worth it and it worked.

I think though, that I am drawn to the CTH option using the large mesh dish as the dish cost me a lot of money and I would like to use it - it was last used for Multichoice - I think that ended about 4 years ago didn't it!!!

I looked briefly at Sport365. Is it really reliable? I have 3BB 3Mbit premium internet, so it should be reliable enough from 'my end'.

To be honest, after playing around with the satellite dishes etc... and checking out GMM and CTH, I just could not get the energy up to read up on the Sport365 offering.

Does it have Premier League and Championship???

I looked at the costs of Sport365 and IloveHD and they seemed OK - I just could not work out what I was paying for - and I felt I was just heading off in another direction of confusion!!!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciatedbiggrin.png

Edit: I would even try connecting to Sport365 tonight if there were time and it was worth it - at the moment I plan to watch it via FromBar 'free' TV - a bit like watching the game in a snowstorm, but better than nothing!!!!

Edited by dsfbrit

I have justt been on the 365Sport site.

So let me see if I understand the 365Sport deal correctly. There are various options to have this service, but if I choose to have the service via internet to my PC, then for one month I pay 600 baht, plus 300 baht for the setup. Then I get 5 channels which includes the Premier League and the Championship.

Is it really that simple???

After one month I guess I can simply renew for another month... or not.

Thanks for your help deciding what to do!!!

Edit: I found this thread here about 365 Sport - very useful and probably answers all the 365Sport questions above.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/667268-365-sportstv-package/page-2

Edited by dsfbrit

Bangkok Blue, thanks for all that info.

I connected the standard GMM box to my old True offset dish and it worked first time - I was very impressed.

When I contacted the GMM help line to get the Platinum package for a month to try it out, it was not so good. They seemed to be saying that I needed to register the box first??? I thought I could do this over the phone, but they want me to go back to the shop and register the box there - is that right ??? or have I misunderstood ?? I speak Thai, but sometimes I don't have the vocabulary for some technical discussions.

I just bought the GMM receiver, I did not want the Gold package offer, so maybe that is why I was not registered at the shop???

I was also thinking that as well as /or instead of GMM, I may use my 10 foot C-Band mesh dish for CTH on the C-Band. I am changing the old C-Band LNB now and the coax as I could not get a signal at all, even using my satellite finder. It has not been used for a few years and the cable etc.. looks pretty manky.

I used the GMM receiver to test the C-Band operation on the mesh disk. So if I end up not using the GMM receiver, I can at least use it as a test receiver for the large dish on C-Band!!!!

As you can see I have given up trying to decide which is the better option and am going to fill the house with receivers, well for CTH and GMM anyway and then take out their service for a month and compare.

Mind you, Sport365 would be my preferred option, if I thought it would be worth it and it worked.

I think though, that I am drawn to the CTH option using the large mesh dish as the dish cost me a lot of money and I would like to use it - it was last used for Multichoice - I think that ended about 4 years ago didn't it!!!

I looked briefly at Sport365. Is it really reliable? I have 3BB 3Mbit premium internet, so it should be reliable enough from 'my end'.

To be honest, after playing around with the satellite dishes etc... and checking out GMM and CTH, I just could not get the energy up to read up on the Sport365 offering.

Does it have Premier League and Championship???

I looked at the costs of Sport365 and IloveHD and they seemed OK - I just could not work out what I was paying for - and I felt I was just heading off in another direction of confusion!!!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciatedbiggrin.png

Edit: I would even try connecting to Sport365 tonight if there were time and it was worth it - at the moment I plan to watch it via FromBar 'free' TV - a bit like watching the game in a snowstorm, but better than nothing!!!!

I popped into my local satellite shop about GMM, apparently i can just change it for my existing Thai Box that the wife uses and at the moment the Gold Package is on a promotion of 180 days for free !

I had various options offered to me - including a free gold package. I opted to pay 1200 baht for the standard receiver without any freebies,

I wanted to connect it up to the old True dish and see how well it worked and then get the package that had the Championship football for a month to see how it went.

I figured that if it was any good, I would get an HD receiver, to use with my 10 foot C-band dish, with the relevant package to watch the Championship games.

I would then give this standard receiver to my wife to watch her soaps on the FTA channels, on the big non-HD TV she watches her soaps on downstairs. The last thing I want is my wife getting used to a gold GMM package, as I would have to renew it next year as wellrolleyes.gif

Well that was the plan anyway !!!!

Now I have seen on the SKY website just how few games will be shown on TV that have Forest in them - that is just one in the next 4 weeks - I have decided to just give the receiver to my wife.

It is OK if you are a Leicester fan - as you get to see 4 games over the next 4 weeks !!!!

As I get Astro Supersport 1,2,3,4 on my local cable TV, I will see the Forest game anyway - as they show the Championship games that are on early.

The Astro Supersport channels have the Premiership games as well, but they are 'replaced' just before kick-off by other channels.

So plan B - I will have a look at the CTH offering this week.

Get all the 'weeds' off my big dish and get that working, get a receiver and sign up for a month. I will then be able to watch the Premiership games in glorious HD over the Xmas period - so should be good fun anyway.

Good luck against Liverpool tomorrow.

Edited by dsfbrit

I had various options offered to me - including a free gold package. I opted to pay 1200 baht for the standard receiver without any freebies,

I wanted to connect it up to the old True dish and see how well it worked and then get the package that had the Championship football for a month to see how it went.

I figured that if it was any good, I would get an HD receiver, to use with my 10 foot C-band dish, with the relevant package to watch the Championship games.

I would then give this standard receiver to my wife to watch her soaps on the FTA channels, on the big non-HD TV she watches her soaps on downstairs. The last thing I want is my wife getting used to a gold GMM package, as I would have to renew it next year as wellrolleyes.gif

Well that was the plan anyway !!!!

Now I have seen on the SKY website just how few games will be shown on TV that have Forest in them - that is just one in the next 4 weeks - I have decided to just give the receiver to my wife.

It is OK if you are a Leicester fan - as you get to see 4 games over the next 4 weeks !!!!

As I get Astro Supersport 1,2,3,4 on my local cable TV, I will see the Forest game anyway - as they show the Championship games that are on early.

The Astro Supersport channels have the Premiership games as well, but they are 'replaced' just before kick-off by other channels.

So plan B - I will have a look at the CTH offering this week.

Get all the 'weeds' off my big dish and get that working, get a receiver and sign up for a month. I will then be able to watch the Premiership games in glorious HD over the Xmas period - so should be good fun anyway.

Good luck against Liverpool tomorrow.

GMM show one 10pm game from the champ every sat. Usually on the free channel sport extra.

Would I be right in saying that your big dish is C-band? If so CTH don't offer the stadium EPL channels in HD on that. Only on KUband.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks BangkokBlue for your advice.

I have followed your other advice and signed up with 365Sport.

I am not easily impressed, but the signup with them was probably one of the easiest and most professional I have ever been involved in!!!

I registered, got an invoice to print out, went and paid and when I got home about 15 minutes later, it was ready to use.

I then downloaded their player.

I was amazed when not only did the software install with no problems at all, but I plugged in the username and password and clicked on channel 1 and it all worked first time.

I watched the Man U and Liverpool games, without a flicker.

Very impressed!!!

As for the CTH / GMM big dish scenario, yes it is C-Band, I could fit a KU-band LNB as well, it used to have one.

I spent my working life developing software, so I am much more 'comfortable' getting my media 'input' from the internet, that is i why I am so pleased with 365Sport. So thanks very much for that advice.

To be honest, the games 365Sport offer would be sufficient for my needs. If they don't have a Premier league game, or whatever that I particularly want to see I could always go and watch it in a bar.

If it weren't for the fact I spent a lot of money for the large dish, I would not keep trying to find ways I could make use of itbiggrin.png

Mind you, it was good fun learning how to set it up about 5 years ago so I could watch Multichoice, I found that really interesting.

I am just repairing it now, painting it, fitting a new C-Band LNB (maybe Ku-band as well) and some new coax. The dish is

10 foot in diameter and on the top of a 14 foot pole - so it is not an easy task!!!

No hurry now though, as thanks to you and other posters here, I have opted for 365sport to watch over Xmas (and maybe longterm).

So thanks again.

Thanks BangkokBlue for your advice.

I have followed your other advice and signed up with 365Sport.

I am not easily impressed, but the signup with them was probably one of the easiest and most professional I have ever been involved in!!!

I registered, got an invoice to print out, went and paid and when I got home about 15 minutes later, it was ready to use.

I then downloaded their player.

I was amazed when not only did the software install with no problems at all, but I plugged in the username and password and clicked on channel 1 and it all worked first time.

I watched the Man U and Liverpool games, without a flicker.

Very impressed!!!

As for the CTH / GMM big dish scenario, yes it is C-Band, I could fit a KU-band LNB as well, it used to have one.

I spent my working life developing software, so I am much more 'comfortable' getting my media 'input' from the internet, that is i why I am so pleased with 365Sport. So thanks very much for that advice.

To be honest, the games 365Sport offer would be sufficient for my needs. If they don't have a Premier league game, or whatever that I particularly want to see I could always go and watch it in a bar.

If it weren't for the fact I spent a lot of money for the large dish, I would not keep trying to find ways I could make use of itbiggrin.png

Mind you, it was good fun learning how to set it up about 5 years ago so I could watch Multichoice, I found that really interesting.

I am just repairing it now, painting it, fitting a new C-Band LNB (maybe Ku-band as well) and some new coax. The dish is

10 foot in diameter and on the top of a 14 foot pole - so it is not an easy task!!!

No hurry now though, as thanks to you and other posters here, I have opted for 365sport to watch over Xmas (and maybe longterm).

So thanks again.

Welcome! Occasionally it goes down if weather bad in bkk (signal come from there) and of course we are at the mercy of the Internet. But to be fair it's been very very reliable. They show French ligue 1 and La liga. UEFA champions league too. The on demand feature is very useful for late night games to watch the next day. It should also have the World Cup in brazil. Again useful to watch on demand. Nearly all EPL games shown. As you know early sat champ game shown. I'd recommend keeping GMM as sport extra will show the 10pm champ game.

I have CTH for EPL as often have friends around. So if Internet goes down it can be a pain, but I watched Leicester vs burnley live sat without any interruption.

My internet connection is very reliable, so I am hopeful it will be available most of the time. Mind you, I am pretty 'laid back' about trying to watch something and it cuts outs for a long time - I tend to just do something else!!!

I think you are a Leicester fan, so lets hope Man City show their usual poor away form - you are representing the Championship tonight - so come on you Foxes (I will be watching the game on 365Sport!!!).

My internet connection is very reliable, so I am hopeful it will be available most of the time. Mind you, I am pretty 'laid back' about trying to watch something and it cuts outs for a long time - I tend to just do something else!!!

I think you are a Leicester fan, so lets hope Man City show their usual poor away form - you are representing the Championship tonight - so come on you Foxes (I will be watching the game on 365Sport!!!).

me too.... Although fear Negrado, silva, navas, Toure and co. will tear us a new hole! But it's the cup, so you never know.

Thanks Prem_R, Bangkok Blue 'PMed' me to let me know as well - thanks for letting me know.

I am not confident I will enjoy the game though, Forest don't seem to be able to score goals at the moment. biggrin.png

How come 'The Wally with the Brolly' has got your team on a winning streak - he couldn't do it at Forest!!!!

Between us we support Leicester, Derby and Forest - 3 Premier league contenders - I wonder which team(s) will make it to the Premier league???

Good luck Saturday...

Seems I got duff info on GMM championship live games, neither of the games indicated as being on last night appeared, sorry about that, I got the information from a website that has always been acurate in the past so I do not know what happened.post-478-0-92315200-1388113696_thumb.gif

Yeah I get GMM Sport Extra as part of my cable package, I have been able to watch many Championship games during the season but on Thursday night, at the time of the Blackpool V Leeds game they were showing a re-run of a German game. Astro supersport 2 shows Championship games most week ends and yesterday they had both the Leeds and Forest games on in the afternoon (Delayed).

• 2 months later...

Prem-R, I will be sure to have this set up for the game on the 22nd March. I won't invite you around to watch as I hate to see a grown man cry. biggrin.png

555 Hope that you did not get any 'sun outage' during the match last night! Splendid stuff!!! By the way, what time is it? oh yeah, it's 5 past Forest. 555

Prem-R, I will be sure to have this set up for the game on the 22nd March. I won't invite you around to watch as I hate to see a grown man cry. biggrin.png

555 Hope that you did not get any 'sun outage' during the match last night! Splendid stuff!!! By the way, what time is it? oh yeah, it's 5 past Forest. 555

Followed by what a 2-1 stuffing by THe Tractor Boys 555 Fookin Love It.