What Are My Options For Hi Speed?

tuffy

:o I am on dial up now and i just can't take it! I am used to the good life and I used skype alot.

If dsl ins't available here what are the other options? Are aircards for laptops an option?

I need to find a solution to this dilema!!

Any infor would be appreciated.

My ipstar 1 minute ago

Your current bandwidth reading is:

471.70kbps

which means you can download at 58.96 KB/sec. from our servers.

28.8 kbps dial-up

33.6 kbps dial-up

53.3 kbps dial-up

56 kbps ISDN

128 kbps ISDN

384 kbps DSL

471.7 kbps YOU

768 kbps DSL

1000 kbps DSL

1500 kbps DSL/T1/Cable Modem

however it varies. but am happy with hit. I had dial up before. i feel your pain!

:o I am on dial up now and i just can't take it! I am used to the good life and I used skype alot.

If dsl ins't available here what are the other options? Are aircards for laptops an option?

I need to find a solution to this dilema!!

Any infor would be appreciated.

Hi,

I am using DTAC wireless Internet with a Sony Ericsson Air Card. I live in Pattaya and it works great. I have gotten up to 160 kbps at various times, averaging about 120 kbps.

I use it with an Acer laptop. I am responding to this posting from Big C South Pattaya.

Pricing is 999 baht + 299 baht for a sim card package for unlimted use. 5am to 5pm is free. 5pm to 5am is: 3 baht 1st minute, 1 baht 2nd minute, 1 baht 3rd minute...afterwards free.

The Sony Ericsson card is a GC83. Price in Thailand is about 10,000 baht new. I bought mine from eBay for 4200 baht, new and unlocked, and my brother send it to me.

Gary

Dtac does indeed offer gprs-edge in Pattaya, offering speeds up to something like 160kbps.

Not sure about Sattahip though, if the system is not upgraded to edge, you'll only get regular gprs speeds, which theoretically is about the same as dial-up, but practically most of the times slower...

Another option is Hutch, they sell both aircards and external USB units.

Speeds of up to 142kbps depending a bit on time of the day...Pretty sure they cover Sattahip...

My ipstar 1 minute ago

Your current bandwidth reading is:

471.70kbps

which means you can download at 58.96 KB/sec. from our servers.

28.8 kbps dial-up

33.6 kbps dial-up

53.3 kbps dial-up

56 kbps ISDN

128 kbps ISDN

384 kbps DSL

471.7 kbps YOU

768 kbps DSL

1000 kbps DSL

1500 kbps DSL/T1/Cable Modem

however it varies. but am happy with hit. I had dial up before. i feel your pain!

Thanks Dive_mistress!

How about during rain? I would imagine it is totally out then huh? What about cloudy days ?

How big is the dish? I am interested in getting this service i think!

The air card is another option but I am worried that with all the trouble i have been reading about and my wife complaining about poor mobile phone connections this may not be a good option for me.

All i know is if there are options other than dial up I can sleep at night again :o