Crackdown On Flashy, Skin-tight Uni Uniforms

george

Cheers for the explanation there Steve. But in that vein, why don't you post a picture of yourself here? Or even better, post some nice revealing shots of your daughter or sister here? I mean, what does it matter? Its only PC attitudes anyway, right?

I was just trying to point out that you can leer all you want, and if you feel like posting photos of girls try to leave their faces out of it. It is extremely rude and disrespectful to post someone else's photo with a full face shot as you have done on an open public forum without their permission. Tight skirts or not.

As I have already said, too bad common courtesy and consideration for others is considered PC.

Why is this the first time I hear someone complaining about posting pictures on TV where a face is showed?

You mean the hundreds and hundreds of various pictures posted on this forum had the face censored

Or we should censor any pic with a skirt? Is a t-shirt ok? What about a couple of high heels?

These girls decided to wear that stuff in public, nobody forced them, , those shots are not from their bedroom/bathroom. Privacy?

C'mon!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for bangkok being so unsafe .... it has its moments ... but overall it is way safer than where I come from ... sooo ... drama aside ... good on them for expressing themselves!

Where have you been living? Over the past decade, Bangkok has definitely become a much more dangerous place to live. I hardly dare walk into the soi alone after dark anymore. The motorcycle gangs often hide in the sub-sois waiting to pounce. They usually do so at then end of the month, when everyone's wallets are fat from their paychecks. Usually, they're after women's handbags. It's not so bad for us guys (we don't even have to worry about construction workers whistling at us!), but I know plenty of women who are terrified to walk anywhere after dark, esp in the sois. And don't count on cab drivers, who are always trying to rip you off, and, if they happen to have a lone female passenger, well... God knows what they could do...

And if you happen to be lucky enough to be able to afford your own car, that opens up a whole another can of worms...

Edited by tettyan

Strangely I've been living in BKK for the past few years :o

No motorcycle gangs worrying me or anyone on my Soi in Suk ....

Never been ripped off by a Taxi driver .... <not even when drunk off my ass!>

Yeppers I have a motorcycle and the partner has a car ... no troubles there either!

of course I was mugged at gunpoint (in Dallas) and had a friend mugged at gunpoint in Atlanta and had a house broken into in Denver ...

in fact I don't think I have ever seen a motorcycle "gang" though I know there are some some places ... and yes I have wandered around in the dark lonely hours in all sorts of nieghborhoods.

Is BKK unsafe? yes it has its moments ... is it safer than where many of us moved from? Absolutely!

Is BKK unsafe? yes it has its moments ... is it safer than where many of us moved from? Absolutely!

As I said, it's much easier if you happen to be male. For the opposite sex, it's a very dangerous city.

Among advanced industrialised countries, America probably has the most dangerous cities, and is probably not the best comparison. But things have been getting better in recent years over there. Meanwhile, the crime situation in BKK has deteriorated markedly.

And compared to many other cities in the region, such as in Japan, S Korea, HK or S'pore, BKK is definitely more dangerous.

Edited by tettyan

hmmm guess i just don't see it that wat Tetty ...

you said you were afraid to walk down your own soi at night ... I tend to be out at night much more than during the day. Maybe I just live in better areas ... but I have been all over town at all hours.

Seoul seemed more dangerous than BKK to me. Haven't been to Tokyo in years so don't know. Where I stayed inSingapore felt riskier than in BKK too (too close to the streetwalkers). No need to mention England ... more likely to get in a toss-up ANYwhere in that country than here!

Yes I would tell my sister that BKK is safer than elsewhere ... but I'd tell her that like ANY megapolis that she should be careful/aware!

ALL that said ... this was all just a spin off of School Girl's tight Unis .... I still see nothing wrong with it! Wanna have a fun night? try Route 66!

Skin-tight & sexy

"Some are as tiny as 30cm from waistline to hem, and there are short skirts with front, rear or side slits, depending on your preference," he said.

Maybe They have to adjust to the climate because Thailand has a tropical climate and is hot throughout the year, especially so from March through May. :o

post-27080-1147752572_thumb.jpg

No motorcycle gangs worrying me or anyone on my Soi in Suk ....

I make a guess here and you live in lower Sukhumvit (Thonglor down)?

This is one of the highest policed areas in town, and therefore not motorcycle racer gang territory. If you move towards the outskirts the picture becomes very different, with nightly shoot-outs and machete attacks.

You guess wrong ... pretty far upper Suk ... past Soi Onnut ... and before that in Prawet for 2 years.

<why do I bother responding to the guy that spends all the time online baiting others?>

Edited by jdinasia

You guess wrong ... pretty far upper Suk ... past Soi Onnut ... and before that in Prawet for 2 years.

<why do I bother responding to the guy that spends all the time online baiting others?>

Your new line starts getting a bit stale.

I make a perfectly reasonable post which you label as "baiting"?! :o

You live past Soi Onnut. Well, if you go a few kilometers further, go past Bang Na along Sukhumvit you get to the fun territory. If you want to have a look - go on Saturdays, after midnight, anywhere along that stretch between Bang Na and Samut Prakan Ampur Muang and you can't miss the fun, especially good are Srinakarin and Puchao Road. Be careful though and DO NOT enter the smaller Sois at that time of the night. Not on foot, and not on a bike as chances are high that you will be held up.

Your new line starts getting a bit stale.

I make a perfectly reasonable post which you label as "baiting"?! :o

You live past Soi Onnut. Well, if you go a few kilometers further, go past Bang Na along Sukhumvit you get to the fun territory. If you want to have a look - go on Saturdays, after midnight, anywhere along that stretch between Bang Na and Samut Prakan Ampur Muang and you can't miss the fun, especially good are Srinakarin and Puchao Road. Be careful though and DO NOT enter the smaller Sois at that time of the night. Not on foot, and not on a bike as chances are high that you will be held up.

I lived in Paknam for a year and never found the locals to be anything except friendly and helpful!

you said you were afraid to walk down your own soi at night ... I tend to be out at night much more than during the day. Maybe I just live in better areas ... but I have been all over town at all hours.

Seoul seemed more dangerous than BKK to me. Haven't been to Tokyo in years so don't know. Where I stayed inSingapore felt riskier than in BKK too (too close to the streetwalkers).

Tokyo is one city I'm quite familiar with. There's absolutely no way you can compare it to BKK. It's the type of place where you can leave your bicycle outside for a week and you'll likely find it exactly where you left it. In Bangkok, if you've left an umbrella behind, you'll be very lucky to find it a day later! If I had to be stuck wandering the streets at 3:00am and had a choice of being in the "poorer" areas of Tokyo or the "richer" areas of BKK, I think it's a no-brainer. Not to mention that Thai motorists are ready to mow down pedestrians anytime, anywhere.

How's this for an experiment? Try ditching your car and bike for a month and just get around the city using only public transport and foot. Then let me know how you feel.

Edited by tettyan

ok ... so Samut Prakhan is a different province ..... not BKK ... obviously all I would know about that could fit into the DL division ... the croc farm ... the ancient city ... and bang puu rec area ... I thought we were talking about BKK .... but geeze ... we could talk about Rayong if we want to talk about Suk ....

this is just overly dramatized to make a point ... that strangely ... few people are gonna buy into!

These girls know their way around, they care about their safety and they don't verture into dark sois.

Many people don't have a choice. It's very difficult to access many residential neighborhoods in BKK without traversing narrow sois. Not everyone can afford a condo that lines a major thoroughfare like Sukhumvit or Sathorn.

Seoul seemed more dangerous than BKK to me. Haven't been to Tokyo in years so don't know. Where I stayed inSingapore felt riskier than in BKK too (too close to the streetwalkers).

Tokyo is one city I'm quite familiar with. It's the type of place where you can leave your bicycle outside for a week and you'll likely find it exactly where you left it. In Bangkok, if you've left an umbrella behind, you'll be very lucky to find it a day later! If I had to be stuck wandering the streets at 3:00am and had a choice of being in the "poorer" areas of Tokyo or the "richer" areas of BKK, I think it's a no-brainer. Not to mention that Thai motorists are ready to mow down pedestrians anytime, anywhere.

How's this for an experiment? Try ditching your car and bike for a month and just get around the city using only public transport and foot. Then let me know how you feel.

ah ... I see ... you mentioned Korea etc ... but ...

I don't know Tokyo like I said ... but if you think it is THAT much safer then I guess safety isn't why you live in BKK.

The car is my partners .... I use public transpo ALL the time unless we are running around together ... I never ride the motorcycle in town (That is dangerous! not girls wearing Tight skirts ... <topic topic topic>) Like I said before I have never felt at risk ... I wander around late at night alone ... all over town ...

But this is about UNIVERSITY UNIFORMS .... <remember the topic?> It's not about mysterious motorcycle gangs in Samut Prakarn .... or any of these side issues.!

I really am sorry for you if you live in a place with rampant motorcycle gangs ... thankfully I haven't seen them in BKK. I really am sad if you as a man don't feel safe walking down your soi! The one's I have been on late at night just feel safe! <even if I happen to be drunk!>

Young people WILL dress like they see others dress ... they will want to be stylish ... they will be influenced by the media ... and it is all good!

These girls know their way around, they care about their safety and they don't verture into dark sois.

Many people don't have a choice. It's very difficult to access many residential neighborhoods in BKK without traversing narrow sois. Not everyone can afford a condo that lines a major thoroughfare like Sukhumvit or Sathorn.

You make it sound like these two are the only safe roads in Bangkok. Take Ramkamhaeng area - there are universities, there are students, but no motorcycle gangs.

yes I DID move into a pretty much exclusively Thai area (there is one farang woman in my building with her Thai husband) and I am far enough off of Suk to not be paying outrageous rent ... and safe safe safe :o

Tokyo is one city I'm quite familiar with. It's the type of place where you can leave your bicycle outside for a week and you'll likely find it exactly where you left it. In Bangkok, if you've left an umbrella behind, you'll be very lucky to find it a day later! If I had to be stuck wandering the streets at 3:00am and had a choice of being in the "poorer" areas of Tokyo or the "richer" areas of BKK, I think it's a no-brainer. Not to mention that Thai motorists are ready to mow down pedestrians anytime, anywhere.

ah ... I see ... you mentioned Korea etc ... but ...

I don't know Tokyo like I said ... but if you think it is THAT much safer then I guess safety isn't why you live in BKK.

The car is my partners .... I use public transpo ALL the time unless we are running around together ... I never ride the motorcycle in town (That is dangerous! not girls wearing Tight skirts ... <topic topic topic>) Like I said before I have never felt at risk ... I wander around late at night alone ... all over town ...

But this is about UNIVERSITY UNIFORMS .... <remember the topic?> It's not about mysterious motorcycle gangs in Samut Prakarn .... or any of these side issues.!

I really am sorry for you if you live in a place with rampant motorcycle gangs ... thankfully I haven't seen them in BKK. I really am sad if you as a man don't feel safe walking down your soi! The one's I have been on late at night just feel safe! <even if I happen to be drunk!>

Young people WILL dress like they see others dress ... they will want to be stylish ... they will be influenced by the media ... and it is all good!

I don't live in a part of the city that is commonly considered dangerous. In fact, I'm a bit closer to the center of the city than you are. But there've been a couple of instances when our maid was almost mugged while walking from our home to the bus stop at night. It's usually a group of two or three motorcycle drivers hiding in the mini-sois: they're just waiting to jump out, snatch your purse and ride away. This is all relatively recent - when I was a kid this was unheard of, and it was probably something that didn't cross my mother's mind when she was a student at Chula, but then again, they weren't wearing short skirts and skin-tight uniforms way back then. It's not locals who are doing this, the culprits are likely transients - construction workers or day laborers who have no roots in the community. If something isn't done, scenes like this are only going to become more common.

Riding the bus is especially dangerous if you're a woman. Those drivers often don't stop at bus stops, they just slow down - it's kinda fun for me, but I can't imagine doing it in high heels. Seen a couple of times when the bus nearly mowed down some students.

Walking the sidewalks can also be dangerous business. Apparently, many motorcyclists have decided that sidewalks are actually motorcycle lanes. My gf has been nearly mowed down by one a couple of times. I know of an incident a couple months back when a motorcyclist killed a pedestrian. The next day, a bunch of police were out to patrol to make sure motorcyclists didn't run in the sidewalks, and the day after, it was just business as usual again. Go figure.

You're the first person I've ever heard say that Bangkok feels safer than Singapore. Anyone else want to back JDINASIA up? I know that the people who compiled this survery would probably beg to differ.

You make it sound like these two are the only safe roads in Bangkok. Take Ramkamhaeng area - there are universities, there are students, but no motorcycle gangs.

Read what I said again- I only gave those two roads as examples of "major thoroughfares".

Thank God we don't have clusters of big achiwah (technical schools) in central BKK. They're mostly on the outskirts, and they're hotbeds of gang activity. Just be careful if you plan on parking your car in the Tha Phra or Rama II area (just to name a few examples).

Edited by tettyan

Ugh ... well you did at leat mention school uniforms once in one of your recent posts ... go back to where I discussed Singapore before mistating my position there.

So ... yes BKK has its issues ... stated in my FIRST post and repeated since ...

This is about school uniforms ... NOT about busses coming to a full stop ... NOT about motorcycles on sidewalks ... <even NOT about your maid-- but I'll give you the maid because at least she is a she ..> Yes gaylang and little india had unsafe feelings in Singapore for me ... nowhere else did ...

Thank God we don't have clusters of big achiwah (technical schools) in central BKK. They're mostly on the outskirts, and they're hotbeds of gang activity. Just be careful if you plan on parking your car in the Tha Phra or Rama II area (just to name a few examples).

Oh, yes, lovely Rama 2 area...

I have serious difficulties to understand why exactly people who have lived in Bangkok often for years are not aware that this is not anymore the happy-go-lucky place it was pre crises. I mean, it is not exactly unreported that the industrial suburbs of Bangkok are gangland central nowadays, with rapidly worsening conditions.

I don't know, maybe it's personal experience. I don't see any dramatic changes where I live, or work, or go shopping, or in the areas I pass when driving.

I've been to Rama 2 twice, last time about three years ago. Not enough to form an opinion.

Since when does any photograph taken have to be "in the public interest"? Or are you just making this up as you go along?

You'll have to explain to me why I can not take a picture in public, since every court case I have ever seen will defend that right. I'm not looking in any windows or peeking over a fence. I'm not trespassing or making any effort to capture an image that the subjects weren't putting on full view on a public street to any casual observer. I'm not looking down anyone's shirt or up anyone's skirt. THAT would be an invasion of their privacy, since they did not intend to put that on public display. I don't make this a "hobby" by the way. I was down in the Siam Square area in the spring/summer of '05 and happened to have my camera along that time. It's only sinister in your narrow mind, Colonel. I'm not going to be "caught" for anything because I did nothing wrong.

The Yank bashing is just standard fare from you.....

~WISteve

How old are you steve? What do you think the public reaction would be to you in the states if you hung around a shopping mall taking pictures of 20 something girls? :o

I expect a lot of people would see you as some sort of wierdo :D

this thread's a been a bit heated since my last visit!!

Did someone say Uni Girls?

No harm done, and what would Siam Square be without them?

C0091.jpg

C0068.jpg

~WISteve

ok, maybe the full face close-up shots are inappropriate....

... but the rear shots are fine!! :D:D:o:D

Edited by game4shame

Meanwhile, back to the thread's topic:

Ah, sorry, didn't realise that the topic of this thread is showing each other their private photo libraries consisting of students in skin tight uniforms. :D

Oh, well...people and their "hobbies"... :o