Outsourcing the cleaning and maintenance of a 5000sq meter pool

rayongchelsea

There has to be an error in the size.

I know of a water park near Khon Kean this size. It needs a full time in-house team of four to maintain. Total salary cost around Baht 50,000 per month. Electricity and maintenance materials about as much again.

Calculate at least double the salary if outsourced to a 3rdparty organisation.

Even if it's 500 m2 and not 5,000, it would still be a big pool.

Example: Pattaya 200 m2 pool: maintenance outsourced including chemicals, Baht 22,000 per month. Owner has just installed salt water chlorination and trained his gardeners to do the maintenance: Saving? Around Baht 15,000 per month.

Edited by Chaichara

There has to be an error in the size.

I know of a water park near Khon Kean this size. It needs a full time in-house team of four to maintain. Total salary cost around Baht 50,000 per month. Electricity and maintenance materials about as much again.

Calculate at least double the salary if outsourced to a 3rdparty organisation.

Even if it's 500 m2 and not 5,000, it would still be a big pool.

Example: Pattaya 200 m2 pool: maintenance outsourced including chemicals, Baht 22,000 per month. Owner has just installed salt water chlorination and trained his gardeners to do the maintenance: Saving? Around Baht 15,000 per month.

Yes these figures make sense. I have estimated it costs about 125k per month all in.

We spend about 12k a month on chlorine, what is the saving using salt water chlorination we have 4 machines but haven't repaired them do to cost ( committee procrastination ). Thnx

Cheap chlorine powder will work out much cheaper than salt even without taking into account the chlorinator replacement costs.

That's my opinion on a sample of only one medium domestic pool (my own) which I have operated on both a powder chlorine basis (not the cheapest chlorine powder either - 5,000 baht per 50kg tub) and a salt chlorinator.

if a public or commercial pool, you need Chlorine, salt water chlorinators and Ozone are great if the pool is not used.

The problem is when 50 sweaty people jump in the pool, the saltwater chlorinator can't catch up and is used uo so the chlorine drop below safe levels.

Pool Chlorine is consumed at a slower rate than the type of chlorine made by Electric means.

For maintaining a level in a home pool they are great, but you still need Pool Chlorine as some algies are not effected by "artificial chlorine".

I don't understand the oposition to Chlorine, it has saver hundreds of millions of lives since to discovery, yes it has determental effects, but the benefits far out way the disadvantages.There are also rules to follow to properly use Chlorine, no one pays attention to them.

If you maintaine your pool, water disinfection system properly and faithfully, do prevenative and perdictive maintenance there will be no problems. No burning eyes, yellow/blond hair. usually if you can smell the chlorine the level is to high.

Get a compident pool guy and have him fill in a "Pool Check Sheet" each time he comes with the date, time, Ph, chlorine level,Chemicals added and amounts, back wash, and what ever else you feel is important.

You would be supprised what you can learn after month or two of proper records, you will also beable to detect trends and detect problems before they happen.

it's not rocket science, just proper maintenance and record keeping.

• 1 month later...