Suthep outlines Thailand's political future to media

webfact

Spartakos - Thank you for making some intelligent comment amongst all the inarticulate drivel. You just made my Christmas card list.

I really wish you people would read more. As I stated already in 2 other topics here today, Suthep is just using this 'people's administration' idea as it allows him to invoke article 7 of the constitution which is the only way that he can try and push the Shin regime from power with any kind of backing from the constitution. You think he is mad but really he is very clever to find a loophole that would allow them to leave and save face. The Shin's are just too damn stubborn ! If Thaksin and his cronies would leave then overnight Thailand becomes a better place. I say to Suthep and the demonstrators do whatever you have to to make them leave. And after they do leave, I am sure Suthep would agree to an election free of the fugitive's influence that has seen 3 of his parties dissolved for electoral fraud in the past...

• Like 2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Suthep said the people’s council will work as quickly as possible, at least eight months or longer, and return the power to the peopleso that an election is held.

So, the February election is postponed and in that time, he is OK of having an election.

The King who set the February election may listen to Suthep.

Suthep represent the people of Thailand.

His Democracy will be pure and free from corruption.

I thought HM passed a decree stating elections Feb 2 and Yingluck would remain as caretaker, why is this go showing so much disrespect?

Somebody very strong and high ranked is behind this, Suthep can pass HM and overrule a royal decree, this (Suthep) Hitler of Asia has a lot off power. ! Scary to hear that high ranked police and army want to talk with him. They turn the clock 30 years back.

• Like 1

Spartakos - Thank you for making some intelligent comment amongst all the inarticulate drivel. You just made my Christmas card list.

I really wish you people would read more. As I stated already in 2 other topics here today, Suthep is just using this 'people's administration' idea as it allows him to invoke article 7 of the constitution which is the only way that he can try and push the Shin regime from power with any kind of backing from the constitution. You think he is mad but really he is very clever to find a loophole that would allow them to leave and save face. The Shin's are just too dam_n stubborn ! If Thaksin and his cronies would leave then overnight Thailand becomes a better place. I say to Suthep and the demonstrators do whatever you have to to make them leave. And after they do leave, I am sure Suthep would agree to an election free of the fugitive's influence that has seen 3 of his parties dissolved for electoral fraud in the past...

how would it be a better place if yingluck was forced out?... her supporters (the number of which has grown as a result of suthep's actions) would go crazy resulting in more bloodshed, death and instability... the only way a stable and good outcome can be achieved in thailand is for one or other other of the parties to modernize and reconcile / appease all the people (regardless of the color of their skin / shirt)... suthep is not helping anyone / anything (except his own twisted ego)

• Like 1

You really have to hand it to Khun Suthep. It's admirable for somebody to put their life and reputation at stake, not to mention his freedom, in an honest attempt to improve the lives of his fellow citizens. And doing so for purely altruistic purposes to boot. It is my guess that history books will remember his deeds in a very favorable light, and rightly so.

Mr Suthep said the people’s council will work as quickly as possible, at least eight months or longer, and return the power to the peopleso that an election is held.

So, the February election is postponed and in that time, he is OK of having an election.

The King who set the February election may listen to Suthep.

Suthep represent the people of Thailand.

His Democracy will be pure and free from corruption.

I hope this is a joke ! Suthep represent only a hand full of Thai people, and he does not stand for democracy but for dictatorship from him and his friends.

I thought HM passed a decree stating elections Feb 2 and Yingluck would remain as caretaker, why is this go showing so much disrespect?

I believe that it is in their Constitution that the election has to be held with 60 days (Feb. 2nd) of the parliament being dissolved, not HM.

I really wish you people would read more. As I stated already in 2 other topics here today, Suthep is just using this 'people's administration' idea as it allows him to invoke article 7 of the constitution which is the only way that he can try and push the Shin regime from power with any kind of backing from the constitution. You think he is mad but really he is very clever to find a loophole that would allow them to leave and save face. The Shin's are just too dam_n stubborn ! If Thaksin and his cronies would leave then overnight Thailand becomes a better place. I say to Suthep and the demonstrators do whatever you have to to make them leave. And after they do leave, I am sure Suthep would agree to an election free of the fugitive's influence that has seen 3 of his parties dissolved for electoral fraud in the past...

how would it be a better place if yingluck was forced out?... her supporters (the number of which has grown as a result of suthep's actions) would go crazy resulting in more bloodshed, death and instability... the only way a stable and good outcome can be achieved in thailand is for one or other other of the parties to modernize and reconcile / appease all the people (regardless of the color of their skin / shirt)... suthep is not helping anyone / anything (except his own twisted ego)

I agree 100 % with you, no one or nothing gets better from this crazy egoist , when he gets what he wants, the reds will start rally , and they will get blamed for all.

The government stepped down, it's about time Suthep steps down as well .

'...People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) will screen qualified members...'

What constitutes 'qualified', and screen according to whose selected criteria?

'...He said the people’s council will comprise people from all professions and selected scholars.'

Not the man or woman in the street, not the farmers and labourers, not the market vendors, not the taxi drivers, not the shop staff, so not really a people's council, is it then, Khun Suthep?

hopefully not the taxi drivers

Indeed, if there was a group who are pretty unclear about the way forward, that is one.

You really have to hand it to Khun Suthep. It's admirable for somebody to put their life and reputation at stake, not to mention his freedom, in an honest attempt to improve the lives of his fellow citizens. And doing so for purely altruistic purposes to boot. It is my guess that history books will remember his deeds in a very favorable light, and rightly so.

Nice one!

1503764.GIF

Let's imagine a Thailand without Suthep and his demonstration:

1) Dr T is back and cleared of all wrongdoings

2) His confiscated money is returned to him with %

3) 2.2 trillion loan is ready and waiting for further instruction to which private account to transfer it.

4) senators are wifes and family members of lower house MPs which means that whatever party get's the majority of votes have no one to be accountable to.

5) Dr T can run for PM, or maybe since the constitution can be amended any way the goverment wants, for even more lucrative position.

Now if there were no protestors and no Suthep Thailand would be half way there as we speak. Does that sound democratic to you? Why are you pretending that there is a democracy in thailand and protestors are ruining it?

The system is broken and needs to be changed to ensure the voted in goverment abides by the rule of law. You might not like Suthep and his buddies i don't like him ether but is there anyone else offering change? Seriously, anyone?

And the staff he says about the police is just too good not to likebiggrin.png .

His demonstrations against the amnesty bill specifically, was fine. I applaud him for that.....and thank him.

But having won the battle he set out to win, he has now gone quite mad. Or, some opportunists among his backers saw a bit of a bandwagon gaining momentum and decided to see how far it could go. Either way, he now just looks ridiculous and worse, makes Yingluck look good.

agree except that i thought yingluck always looked good... it is the ugliness of her economic policies that is being forgotten as a result of the suthep distraction

Somebody very strong and high ranked is behind this, Suthep can pass HM and overrule a royal decree, this (Suthep) Hitler of Asia has a lot off power. ! Scary to hear that high ranked police and army want to talk with him. They turn the clock 30 years back.

And who do you expect to fight a man who can order a killings of thousands of Thai innocent people, deploy large private paid militia force in the heart of BKK for months, got every law inforcement institution in his pocket? Someone with no power or backbone? I have not seen him concentrate the power in one hands like his opponents try to do. Time might prove me wrong but right now you are comparing a clearly rotten apple to one that might prove to be rotten so excuse me if i will take my chances with the latter.

• Like 1

Number 3-4 were only slowed down due to the constitutional court intervention which they had to step out of their normal jurisdiction to do. And still the goverment refused to abide by their rulings and tried to impeach-threaten-manipulate-restructure the last institution that stand in the way of dictatorship by majority.

Ahh so the constitutional court gave a ruling outside their jurisdiction, on a very political case, and then the government is then bad for not recognizing their authority for that decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And who do you expect to fight a man who can order a killings of thousands of Thai innocent people, deploy large private paid militia force in the heart of BKK for months, got every law inforcement institution in his pocket? Someone with no power or backbone? I have not seen him concentrate the power in one hands like his opponents try to do. Time might prove me wrong but right now you are comparing a clearly rotten apple to one that might prove to be rotten so excuse me if i will take my chances with the latter.

So let's say: (it's an example, don't get me wrong).

You have been kidnapped by a crazy criminal, the worst of all.

Your wife (or your family, up to you) let another criminal (less dangerous maybe but still a criminal) giving him full power, after he promises to her he will solve the problem and in some time you will be free again.

Yep, you still have more chance to be safe, but how many?

• Like 1

3) 2.2 trillion loan is ready and waiting for further instruction to which private account to transfer it.

4) senators are wifes and family members of lower house MPs which means that whatever party get's the majority of votes have no one to be accountable to.

5) Dr T can run for PM, or maybe since the constitution can be amended any way the goverment wants, for even more lucrative position.

Now if there were no protestors and no Suthep Thailand would be half way there as we speak. Does that sound democratic to you? Why are you pretending that there is a democracy in thailand and protestors are ruining it?

The system is broken and needs to be changed to ensure the voted in goverment abides by the rule of law. You might not like Suthep and his buddies i don't like him ether but is there anyone else offering change? Seriously, anyone?

And the staff he says about the police is just too good not to likebiggrin.png .

His demonstrations against the amnesty bill specifically, was fine. I applaud him for that.....and thank him.

But having won the battle he set out to win, he has now gone quite mad. Or, some opportunists among his backers saw a bit of a bandwagon gaining momentum and decided to see how far it could go. Either way, he now just looks ridiculous and worse, makes Yingluck look good.

The Thaksin amnesty bill was just a battle. A somewhat climactic one, and a clear victory for the opposition cause, but still just a battle. The war is against the continuing influence & control by the Shin clan. Suthep doesn't yet see that war as won by a long shot, nor new elections as particularly promising with respect to winning that war sooner rather than later. I think the damage done to Yingluck's credibility at this point is permanent, however.

• Like 1

Your wife (or your family, up to you) let another criminal (less dangerous maybe but still a criminal) giving him full power, after he promises to her he will solve the problem and in some time you will be free again.

You are correct, i will choose the option that gives me at least a chance of survival.

Suthep seems to be his own worst enemy! Nobody needs to fight him to discredit him. He is doing a fine job all on his own. Many persons who used to be in his ranks have become disillusioned by his fascist stance.

Agreed people are jumping ship, I am even seeing a swing of posters here as they fully start to understand what he is all about and what he represents!

Funny you should say that. This is the first time in years that I have seen a thread where the anti T posters have not bullied or intimidated out the rest of the more neutral posters.

By aligning Suthep with fascist politics shows a huge misunderstanding of the nature of fascism. Try reading Mein Kamp and become astounded at how close the Reds are to Hitler's dream.

Number 3-4 were only slowed down due to the constitutional court intervention which they had to step out of their normal jurisdiction to do. And still the goverment refused to abide by their rulings and tried to impeach-threaten-manipulate-restructure the last institution that stand in the way of dictatorship by majority.

Ahh so the constitutional court gave a ruling outside their jurisdiction, on a very political case, and then the government is then bad for not recognizing their authority for that decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is exactly why the system is broken, if constitutional court would not step out of their jurisdiction all the points that i have mentioned earlier would have happen.

Election will not fix that, changing the legal framework for goverment to follow and introducing stronger checks and balances system will help.

You are correct, i will choose the option that gives me at least a chance of survival.

Hum, so no hope to see you saved by Police, or Government Forces?

By the way I understand it's your opinion, and I respect it, besides I am totally not for the risk of see Mighty Suthep doing of this country whatever he likes.

By the way I understand it's your opinion, and I respect it, besides I am totally not for the risk of see Mighty Suthep doing of this country whatever he likes.

I wish there would be a knight in shining armor riding his white stallion to save my sorry behind, but being realistic and knowing royal thai police i see no other options. If suthep does nothing better then balance out Shin clan so Thai politics are not so onesided it would be a step forward for Thailand in my opinion.

I wish there would be a knight in shining armor riding his white stallion to save my sorry behind, but being realistic and knowing royal thai police i see no other options. If suthep does nothing better then balance out Shin clan so Thai politics are not so onesided it would be a step forward for Thailand in my opinion.

I understand what you say, and no... I did not mean Thai Police (I was still referring at your hypothetical case, in your country or wherever else :)

But in any case, for someone Suthep can be a hope. I don't see it like it, because the sea of nonsense and his total non-transparency a bout his "plans" (if he has any...).

Thailand needs a step forward, and not with a megalomaniac that yesterday at the meeting with professionals and economic vip said if they agree with him good, if not just stay away and don't disturb his Council. Worrying, a lot.

• Like 1

Thailand seems to be full of fanatical patronizing nuts that seem to know the correct course Thailand should take politically to keep its Thainess intact. No one fully trusts democracy and the army or the crown or the mob are always called upon to represent the will of the people as a substitute for an official polling of the people's will through voting. Democracy does not have the public relations tools of other Thai institutions that are capable of rewriting history to ensure their flaws are minimized. In fact, just the opposite is true; history has been rewritten to demonstrate democracy is inadequate and unsuited for the people of Thailand. Thailand is busy chasing the fantasy of a perfect government with a perfect moral Buddhist leader. As long as this fantasy is not challenged and shown to be a fantasy, Thais will never develop the patience for true democratic institutions; which may be flawed, but may change with the will of people the government represents. Until the fantasy of perfect institutions is show to be a fantasy; it is unlikely that the imperfections within government will be accepted and dealt with patiently and democratically.

good post but if you want any thai politicians to read it i recommend to re-post with less / shorter words / sentences

Offering change and effecting change are vastly different. Nothing Suthep is offering resembles democracy. He moans and groans about the amnesty. Here is a person evading an arrest warrant and he failed to show up in court to face a murder indictment because 'he is too busy'. Rule of law? Who needs amnesty when the crooks who stay in the country can act with impunity? It all boils down to whose bread you are buttering. If Suthep can't get the military to enforce his PDRC, what is he going to do? In the meantime, every academic will crawl out of the woodwork to offer the 'best' solution for Thailand. Get on with the elections! After the elections, call for a Constitutional Convention. The mechanics of the Constitutional Convention can be worked out after the elections.

Suthep is a little out of our world i got to agree with that. But he did step up in a situation when Thailand future was at the stake and turned the situation to manageable with minimal damage as i believe. He is fighting an untrustworthy enemy that does not follow any rules so why should he? I'd still like him to face the murder charges like AV did ( and i do believe AV is a better men of the two) and i do believe he will stand in court otherwise he would jumped in on the amnesty wagon.

However let me ask you a question. PTP have demonstrated that it serves one man from afar only so if they get reelected why would they make reforms and bind their own hands? Chances are they'll start right where they left off and keep pushing their little Dr. T wagon from there, more cautiously perhabs. Who will do the much needed reforms? Demonstrations again? more blood? I can cope with PTP in power if they follow the law, but reforms should be done before an elections so future goverments don't have dictatorial power.