I'm A PA

thaiblether

Dear Thai lady.. If you don't understand the posts here don't worry.. I am a farang and I don't understand them either.. someone said earlier that it is not a good idea to use Thai Visa to understand farang.. I agree.. I would suggest finding farang people you can talk to rather than internet chat rooms.. good luck smile.png

She is lucky, she has me..........thumbsup.gif

But remember she is employed to source information from both sides, Thai and Farang. smile.png

She has learned something here alright. bah.gif

If I read the thread correctly, you helped her set up the account. Any particular reason why you chose such a loaded board name for her? Hardly seems fair to her as it hardly sets her on a clean sheet.

Why the need to emphasize that she is a PA to the person whose name she adapted her board name from? Again, hardly seems fair to her.

lastly, despite "her" avowed intention to "help" how come she has not tried to answer even one of the real questions that have been thrown her way? All we get is "pm me in Thai, I will reply in Thai"

All seems a bit contrived to be honest.

OK, she is the personal assistant in Thailand to a previous member's here Thai operations. Her joining was an idea for her to see or look at how farangs talk, speak to one another and also PERHAPS give some info to help others. Plain and simple. She is out of the country at the mo but will l hope post again, but, to be honest the crap that has been dealt out here l have my doubts. We will see. I will see her next week and talk stuff.

If she is as you say, she will already understand, its all an illusion, the temporary nature of things.

Is she in Scony Botland per chance?

• Like 1

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, she is the personal assistant in Thailand to a previous member's here Thai operations. Her joining was an idea for her to see or look at how farangs talk, speak to one another and also PERHAPS give some info to help others. Plain and simple. She is out of the country at the mo but will l hope post again, but, to be honest the crap that has been dealt out here l have my doubts. We will see. I will see her next week and talk stuff.

Well you've certainly thrown a few gobbets of meat into the crocodile pen today, transam! I haven't seen so much snapping and snarling for a long time. smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png Your young lady PA friend will get (as I'm sure you knew at the outset) a very strange view of farang! post-4641-1156694005.gifclap2.gif

Ah well, if she sticks around a while, she'll get the hang of it. In my experience, Thai women (I don't know about the men, not having known many) have quite a well honed sense of humour, which is a prerequisite for anyone dipping a toe in the shark-infested waters of TV.

Weeeell, I must say I am very disappointed with you lot. I suggested her user name cos of her job. No lies, no BS, so folk knew her beginnings to join our forum. Am surprised that our forum ladies have not said hello, as for the guys, weeell again, stuff comes out the woodwork. sad.png .

I just joined the discussion, so I want to welcome PA to the forum and I would wish that the mop here would have paid her RESPECT with a welcoming HELLO!.

I think she probably means Personal Assistant.

Well I read English quite well and that is exactly what the lady said she did for a living. She is to be congratulated by wanting to know more about others visiting and living in her Country. PIty more of her fellow country people do not follow suit. Your post was totally unnecessary.

I am a PA for a former member. I am a Thai lady. I have joined so that I can learn more about foreigners in Thailand. Also maybe I can help you.
welcome. You now see this is a forum for grumpy old men. Listen and learn. :)

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Weeeell, I must say I am very disappointed with you lot. I suggested her user name cos of her job. No lies, no BS, so folk knew her beginnings to join our forum. Am surprised that our forum ladies have not said hello, as for the guys, weeell again, stuff comes out the woodwork. sad.png .

I just joined the discussion, so I want to welcome PA to the forum and I would wish that the mop here would have paid her RESPECT with a welcoming HELLO!.

I am a farang and I agree with you. I take the original post on face value. If it is a posting by some half wit member, then I am very disappointed. They need to get a life. So I for one would enjoy sharing questions and will assume the post is genuine until proven otherwise.

• Like 1

Well said, as a farang I welcome the prospect of discussions where we can develop a better understanding between Thais/foreigners, as it needs all the help it can get. If it is a stitch up, then what a pathetic lot we are. I can imagine the member sitting at the end of some sleezy bar dribbling in his beer thinking he is so clever!

Thats the beauty of TV.

Like a hand reaching up from beyond the grave TB is having the last laugh (well done Big Yin).

This must be up there for post of the year, surpassing JT taking a beating on the baht bus.

(David48, are you getting this?)

How many pages how many replies?

Briliiant stuff.

The thread of the year is smokie36's OP ... but I had some time one day and helped it along ...

But your right ... I've already slipped this one in there.

BTW ... "Like a hand reaching up from beyond the grave TB is having the last laugh (well done Big Yin)." ... nice line ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I suspect you will discover that foreigners are emotionally very much like Thai, but culturally and socially are quite different.

For example, we like good food (emotional - right brain), but we woul like it prepared in a nice manner and quickly (cultural - left brain).

My pet peeve is being served food with bits of paper (dried garlic) in it. No western restaurant would be so thoughtless as to make the meal difficult to eat.

Today I read a Thai language web page, maybe interesting for you. If you cannot translate I can help. It is called 9 Things That Foreigners Do Not Understand In Thailand.

http://blog.eduzones.com/moobo/79316

This is just begging for a Thai Visa version of 9 Things That Foreigners Do Not Understand in Thailand"

Shall we start with:

1. Why does the Government allow tourists to be ripped off by jet ski scams in Pattaya, Puket etc.?