Movie's central Fgestavil

northernjohn

Movie's Central Festival

Having a big celebration coming up and was considering seeing the Hobbit.

I see in addition to the regular screens at the Central Festival they have an ultra screen

Real 3d Which I presume is like the 3D at airport also

a 4DX screen.

Can any one explain the differences. I know money is one of them.

All information appreciated.

Edit

Moderator can you change the spelling in the title to

Movie's Central Festival

Edited by northernjohn

Just got back from seeing the Hobbit 4D price was 350 baht each adult or child, this might be a week day price though I'd guess at least another 100 at a weekend. With the 4D you get nicer chairs in rows of 4, the chairs move with the film so for instance if the character in the movie is flying you move with him. Other effects included smells, sprays of air, water etc. The actual movie is also viewed in 3D.

First time for a 4D movie for me and the kids, I enjoyed it but it would have to be for the right type of film, The Hobbit fits in nicely and the kids and I enjoyed it, though it was a bit chilly in the cinema.

• Like 1

If you can go on a wednesday NorthernJohn, all movies are 120bht I believe. Worth checking if many people

Will certainly check that out. Need it for future use. Unfortunately this anniversary is on Monday.

But as you say it is worth checking out for the 3 and 4d theaters. I wonder if one of them is a little circular screen.

If you can go on a wednesday NorthernJohn, all movies are 120bht I believe. Worth checking if many people

Will certainly check that out. Need it for future use. Unfortunately this anniversary is on Monday.

But as you say it is worth checking out for the 3 and 4d theaters. I wonder if one of them is a little circular screen.

If you mean 360 degrees,like Epcot, then no.

The 4d has moving seats, sprays etc as described above. 3d is normal cinema but you are given 3d spectacles for 3d movies.

The Imax here is what I think of as Mini-Imax (much more common than big screen Imax) and has a pretty big curve. If you get the choice, the higher up you sit the better.

Don't know what the Ultra Screen is but at Power Buy or one of those shops in there they have a UHD television on sale for 1,299,000.00 THB. Samsung I believe but could be wrong about that. Can't begin to guess the diameter of it. Hmmm, buy a house, or buy a TV...

No contest......TV wins hands down.biggrin.png