How Do I Delet Msn Messenger?

shasta

MSN messenger banner constantly pops up when I sign up the computer. Even if I close it, it only works temporarily and always comes back while I am on internet. Sometimes, my computer freezes right after MSN messenger banner appears. Whenever it happens, I have to turn off my computer (control-alt-delet) and sign on again.

I went to control panel to delet it but could not find it from add/remove list.

I installed this long time ago but I don't use MSN messenger/Hot mail any more. I just want to get rid of it.

Please help me!

Edited by shasta

go to run in the start menu; type in msconfig which will then bring you to the

system configuration utility. Go the startup tab and unclick msmsgs. It will ask to restart the computer. I would say no, because you need to be sure to open Messenger and in the options section unclick the "run at startup" tab there too.

Then you can restart your computer and see if it helps.

Go to this directory: C:\Program Files\Messenger

Then just rename msmsgs.exe to something else like msmsgs-old.exe. Same with msmsgin.exe - no more Messenger. Guarantee it will not start up again.

Edited by tywais

Eye sore every time it happens, comes back every now and then even though it's been disabled many times previously.

If you use the technique that I mentioned it can't come back because it no longer can be found. :o