De-Registering a Device on a Google Play Store.

Shurup

I've sold my old Galaxy S2 since purchasing a Galaxy Note 3. One thing I didn't do before getting rid of the GS2, I didn't de-register the phone from the phone itself. Now I can't find the option on my Google Play account to remove the old phone from the list of available devices. It's not a big issue but just an annoyance, when I search for new APPS from my computer, they may show that they're installed already, but it doesn't say which device, and as I get more and more APPS on my new phone, it's hard to remember which ones I've installed on it... ermm.gif

Any ideas where to look to remove the old GS2 from the list?

THanks, I tried this option before but it wouldn't save the change (maybe I had to wait a little longer with my slow internet), now it did save a change and only one phone shows, but still the apps that were installed on SG2 marked as installed in my apps list, while they're not installed on Note 3. blink.png

Not sure why you need your installed apps list to be accurate. I have 4 Android devices with some apps installed on all of them but some apps installed only on one or two of the devices. What I like is that I only have to pay for an app once on Google Play but can install it on two or more of my devices. Maybe there is some downside to having an app shown as installed when it's not because the device is gone but I can't think of what it is! I'm sure that you know that many PC apps charge by the machine. I was quite miffed two years ago when a backup app that I had bought only allowed me to install it on one PC when I am running a network of 9. That pushed me into setting up Windows Home Server 2011. Now all of my computers are backed up automatically!

Well like I said earlier, it's not an issue but annoyance. Uninstalling the apps from your device doesn't remove them from your My Apps list but unmarks them as installed, still can be installed later on your other device(s).

Not sure why there's no option to remove the device completely? I guess I'm one of the picky persons who likes everything to be perfect?

Well, it's fine to be picky if you like; I am sometimes picky too but there is an advantage to having those presently unused apps available for future free downloading, wouldn't you say?

Agree, but uninstalling the app from the phone doesn't remove it from the "My Apps" list, it just marks it as not installed.

Guess there's no way to fix it at this time so no point to continue on this tread.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to remove devices, and I'm not sure why Google doesn't allow this at present. Maybe they want to boost Play Store enrollment figures?

This seems to be a common complaint.

If you still have the device there may be a hack: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=30454577&postcount=14

I haven't tried this.

And it seems like devices do get removed automatically after some period of inactivity; 9 months being a commonly cited figure.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

With Jellybean, if you want to completely remove deleted apps from your apps list then open "My apps" on your phone, press the item you want removed for a second so it is highlighted and you will then see an X at the top of your screen. Press the X and the highlighted item will no longer be listed in your apps list.

With Jellybean, if you want to completely remove deleted apps from your apps list then open "My apps" on your phone, press the item you want removed for a second so it is highlighted and you will then see an X at the top of your screen. Press the X and the highlighted item will no longer be listed in your apps list.

Suspect you are misunderstanding the topic of this thread, which is the management of one's "devices" (Play Store, Settings, My Devices). which lists any/all devices one might have ever registered on the Play Store with the associated GMail account.