Is This The Saddest Story You've Heard?

bulmercke

I came across this true story on the internet a few days ago.

"It was tragically simple. Met in high school, dated, fell in love. A few years later we were engaged… A year later I was pregnant. I am type 1 diabetic. At the beginning of my second trimester, my obgyn told me the baby wasn’t developing properly and I was slowly poisoning my baby with hypoglycimia. She said that carrying the baby to term may run the risk of killing the fetus or losing both the baby and me at delivery. My fiance and I made the desicion to terminate the pregancy. Three months later my fiance was killed at work. While cleaning me and my fiances old apartment as I got ready to move I found the booties he wore as a baby and he brought me the weekend after we found out I was pregnant. I don’t know what to do with them."

Also, I noticed this story in my local paper, Littlehampton Today, 12 May 2006, which isn't much better. Another very, very sad story.

Children pay tribute to depressed mother killed on railway line

A BROTHER and sister have spoken of their grief following the death of their mother at Angmering railway station last Tuesday.

Maureen Weselby, 59, who lived and worked in Angmer-ing and suffered from severe depression, was killed after being hit by a train not due to stop at the station at around 1.50pm. She was on the tracks at the time.

Mrs Weselby worked as a secretary at St Margaret's Primary School in Angmering for 20 years and was a keen member of the village twinning society.

Following the death of Nigel, her husband of 29 years, after an operation in 2001, she suffered from serious bouts of depression and had made several attempts on her life.

In 2004, she suffered a breakdown and during that year spent time in Worthing's Meadowfield Hospital.

Her son Stephen, 27, contacted the Gazette and, together with his sister Kate, 25, released the following statement: "We are a very close family, so this has come as a profound shock despite the severe ups and downs of the last three years.

"Mum received fantastic support from her family, friends and the broader community. It is a shame that these efforts were not able to recover a lasting happiness for her but at least now she is at peace from her own inner turmoil."

Mrs Weselby was born on January 27, 1947, and adopted and raised by Richard Schollard in England and, for a time, New Zealand.

Just 18 months ago a friend was able to locate Mrs Weselby's living biological mother,Sheila Lancashire, and three previously unknown brothers, Ken, Colin and Jim.

Almost 60 years after they parted ways, Mrs Weselby and her Irish-born mother were reunited. Further reunions followed and the family had grown close again in a short period of time.

Stephen said that despite his mother's depression, there was no indication that she would take her life and she had, he said, set out that day on a shopping trip to cheer herself up.

David Boreham, headteacher at St Margaret's school, where Mrs Weselby worked, said: "It was with great sadness that we heard of the untimely death of Maureen, our school secretary.

"For 20 years she had worked in the school office, getting to know and looking after the children, as well as making sure that the administrative side of the school ran as smoothly as possible.

"She was excellent at whatever job she undertook and was highly respected for her efficiency and commitment to the school.

"She loved working alongside children, making sure that their needs, even if it was as simple as giving a child a plaster in her role as a first-aider, were always met.

"For the past three years her health had deteriorated and her most recent period of illness meant that she had not been in school since January.

No where near sad enough to make me shed a tear. :D

Then again, I may just be a cold-hearted SOB. :o

(ps: not Thailand related)

Edited by Kerryd

Nothing to do with Thailand whatsoever... BUT the saddest story I ever heard was of a rich man who used to fly home after work by helicopter. One day, after the helicopter landed, his small boy ran out to greet him. The man picked the boy up, lifted him in the air and killed him on the rotor blades.

England winning the last Rugby World Cup. :o

The Ashes must have made you suicidal then :D

If I was Australian, this might be true,but I don't really give a toss. :D

Edited by chuchok

I must be a in a maudlin mood today,

but I remember someone telling me about a woman and child that they had seen that day sat out in the mid-day sun on a footbridge somewhere in Bangkok begging for money

and both the mother and the child were weeping uncontrollably and the woman's teardrops were falling onto the child's face.

but I remember someone telling me about a woman and child that they had seen that day sat out in the mid-day sun on a footbridge somewhere in Bangkok begging for money

and both the mother and the child were weeping uncontrollably and the woman's teardrops were falling onto the child's face.

For your own sake, bulmercke, log off NOW! Leave that internet cafe! Run! Find somewhere where people are laughing, having fun! Talk to them!! Save yourself, bulmercke, before it's too late! :o

You dont know how lucky you are

Monty Python.

For your own sake, bulmercke, log off NOW! Leave that internet cafe! Run! Find somewhere where people are laughing, having fun! Talk to them!! Save yourself, bulmercke, before it's too late! :o

If you are considering slashing your wrists, cut up the vein, not across.

Hope that helps. :D

PS. Alternatively, contact your nearest 'Street Pharmacist' and buy some uppers... :o

I was in my Condo about 2 months ago and there were a group of Thai's coming out of one of the rooms uncontrollably crying.

I told them to cheer up, the world would be a better place tomorrow, only to find out on the news a member of their family had died from cancer.