Good tv series

beechbum

On 11/24/2017 at 9:03 AM, KarenBravo said:

Have just downloaded all seven episodes (all released on 22nd Nov) of Netflix's new western called Godless.

Imdb = 8.4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5516154/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I finished this series the other day. I thought it was brilliant.

8.6 now on imdb.

Not sure if its been mentioned on here yet, but 'Ozark' is pretty damn good too. It's on Netflix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beechbum said:

Series 5 of Vikings has started, episodes 1 & 2 are out now.

If you like this then I'd recommend 'The Last Kingdom', if you've not seen it. It's had two seasons so far, but only the first is on Netflix.

I personally think it's better than Vikings. 

• Like 2

On 25/11/2017 at 6:43 PM, schlog said:

Suburra  - La Serie

Promising italy mafia serie in Roma.

If you enjoyed that, you'll enjoy "Gomorrah", another mafia series set in Naples.   Available in TPB.   Go for the uploads from 'Sno' (quality uploads with hard coded English subtitles).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pagallim said:

If you enjoyed that, you'll enjoy "Gomorrah", another mafia series set in Naples.   Available in TPB.   Go for the uploads from 'Sno' (quality uploads with hard coded English subtitles).

Thanks. Soon will give it a go.

This will remind me about my crazy time 1990 in Naples.

11 hours ago, i claudius said:

And the female lead is really hot .

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, The Orville was great. It out-Star Trekked Star Trek.

Adriane Palicki, who is the actress you're talking about got famous in a great show called Friday Night Lights. I can recommend it if you haven't seen it.

You think she's hot now? You should see her in FNL from 2006 to 2011. Absolutely stunning.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed the Detectorists, gentle at times, black at others. The best Brit comedy I have seen in a long time.

I don't like the current crop of PC 'comedy' it's just unfunny. I watched some of 'It Ain't 'Alf Hot Mum' the other day- they would never allow it in the current PC climate (although it was very cringe-worthy at times).

1 hour ago, AJBangkok said:

So I would say the best new series this year are Snowfall, and Mindhunters, both mentioned a few times but they are standouts as far as new series go.

Along similar lines I'd put S3 of Narcos up there as well- it seems to be a popular theme at the moment (haven't tried El Chapo yet).

Watched American Made last night about Barry Seal. Not a great fan of Tiny Tom but an interesting perspective on the whole thing and a decent film.

• Like 1