Why so loud?

willyumiii

Just looove it that i can turn my stereo way up at a level that would never be accepted back home. That's the counterside of this.

Just hate the cars with the commercials blasting out of the loudspeakers, driving around town. we have one ahole selling meat at 7.30 in the morning, driving around ,shouting in his microphone almost every day of the week. noone else seems to be bothered by him though. I don't need an alarmclock to wake up every day at the same time.

Used to be like this where I live. Surprisingly, security, who received a few baht for each pick-up allowed in to the moo-ban put a stop to it by blacklisting repeat offenders. Only time it happens now is the occasional one off political candidate spruiking.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree they are a noisy lot. My missus can't shut a door quietly, bangs like hell (not like that you orrible lot) when doing the dishes, and worst of all shouts on her phone. As previously mentioned I think this is to get noticed, and when I tell her to stop shouting she says "I can't hear her". So why the <deleted> does she have to shout? I've booked her in to hospital to have her mobile surgically removed from her ear.

Seeing as no one else has said it I will......if you had married a hi so Thai Chinese Chula graduate with a double doctorate instead of a bar girl you wouldn't have this problem

Just a note on the Chinese hiso vs Issan thing - it's a stereotype.

I personally know Thais of Chinese decent who are pretty high up the social ladder. While there indeed are differences with other social classes, they are usually superficial and pertain to skin colour, food and other appearance-related matters. The underlying sociological trends, however, are identical.

They enjoy loud, dimly lit karaoke clubs and drinking whiskey. Men often drive unreasonably and women post extensively on social networks via their smart device. They like gold and cars and like to show off.

It's not about social standing, it's about being Thai.

Q: Why is everything so loud here?

A:To drown out the sound of the whining Farang.

But seriously those supermarket/mall food halls have to be the worst. With people chattering, children's play area emitting all sorts of electronic noises as well as kids screaming in delight, the clatter of cleaning trollies, umpteen TVs all at full volume, I wear ear plugs before entering one. And the buildings are so poorly designed with hard non-sound absorbing materials one little sound bounces around from wall to column to wall to ceiling to floor and back again until everybody has heard it at least once.

• Like 1