My near death experience today

yankee99

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What big men you bike riders are. I admit I ride a scooter and yeah, 70kms for me is my orgasm

Seriously, what the f@@k do you fools get out of riding like a clown? Like a poster before put it, imagine that your daughter was crossing the road and you put her life out of action?

Do that in my town, I am going to find you and f@@k your shit up, tough guy!

please educate your daughters not to cross a highway with a bicycle then!!! this has to be your duty as a parent.

and also educate her like if she rides a truck in the future, do not try to cross the highway in a stupid way and do not stop/slow in the middle of the highway while doing this. This is also your duty as a parent.

I heard enough nonsense here and some good posts stating the dangers of doing 220 kph as well.

But what i cant stand, possibly some drivers bickering about this while they were doing 200 kph with their fortuners or vios or focus at similar roads and i see many posts in TV about this!

I guess some people are over motivated more once they see a bike at those speeds which was just for some seconds!

That's a reasonable request and training our kids to be safe is certainly what I and most responsible parents would aspire to, however not all kids in the thai rural community are the offspring of posters here.

Some of those kids are not be lucky enough to have the level of parenting/mentoring and as seen in the video some pickup drivers are not trained to the level you require. Realistically this is not going to change in the time you'll be riding high performance machinery on these roads.

That being the case and whether you like it or not it's really your responsibility when riding through these areas (where you are in effect a guest) to ride in a manner that doesn't put these communities in uneccessary danger.

You're final two points are complete nonsense:

1. I don't think any who posted would be more accepting of fortuners,vios or focus riding on such roads at 200km/ph, that's just a figment of your imagination.

2. Actually the video itself was not just for some seconds as you assert, it was for a prolonged period (and distance at those speeds), certainly long enough for a calmer realisation to have hit.

If anyone cares as this is the thai bikers forum. I am just sharing my riding experience last weekend. I am full aware of my actions anyone that thinks i am not and need to be reminded you are wasting your time. I have had many close calls and 5 full accidents in my life. 2 accidents were on the track, 1 was in vermont when i hit some ice, 1 in florida when a car came out of a driveway without looking and 1 when another car came out of a driveway without stopping. Funny thing is all my accidents on public streets were at <30mph and the track were around 50 mph. So i am quit aware of what i did and the possible outcome.

Was this road the best place to open it up probably not. It was straight and looked clear at the time but obviously it wasn't. Anybody that think i want praise i dont. My goal is to ride to have fun and return home accident free.

Good you admit to doing something stupid, if you want to return home safe in the future I strongly suggest you change your ways!!

Before you act think about the possible consequences of your actions that is what considerate people do!!

Listen please dont put words in my mouth. I never admitted being stupid thank you. I made a bad choice its not the first nor will it be the last bad choice i make in my life again. Seems most people i know make bad choices in their life.

The thing is to try not to make the same bad choice.

Your actions were terribly irresponsible. It's OK to put your life at risk, but not the lives and welfare of others. Too many are hurt here by poor drivers making bad decisions. It's drivers like you that make Thailand's roads so dangerous.

• Like 1

I guess we could say yankee99 has had his 15 min. of fame here, a few over the top responses from a few and he has admitted it was poor judgement. Let it go boys harping on it will not change a thing and only make you look like a judge mental fool.

• Like 1

^^ amazing how many second accounts appear to have been created by posters in this thread.

Never even heard their screen names before this one.........someone certainly has their knickers in a knot!

I noticed a new thread trying to be opened as a side note to this issue, but shut down quickly by the mods due to illegal context. Some people don't know when to let it rest, just like the Hardley thread.

It was opened as I am genuinely interested to see how many real bikers break the law with no thought for others, we all have our things we hate mine is excessive speed when there is no need for it!! There is a time and a place for this and not one of you can argue against it without being seen by others as inconsiderate and irresponsible, let the replies begin!.,

^^ amazing how many second accounts appear to have been created by posters in this thread.

Never even heard their screen names before this one.........someone certainly has their knickers in a knot!

I noticed a new thread trying to be opened as a side note to this issue, but shut down quickly by the mods due to illegal context. Some people don't know when to let it rest, just like the Hardley thread.

This is an open forum where if you so wish you can continue discussing something for as long as you like and as long as other people respond, if this thread in your eyes has run it's course you are free to leave it and never return!