My near death experience today

yankee99

^^ And you're surprised about a pick-up driving like that? whistling.gif

Perhaps the 10 years is really only 10 minutes, in reality. biggrin.png

Not at all 10 years here no wrecks. I look out for them the dogs & the kids it is part of being a skilled rider & an alive one. How come I never see you posting on the bike forum?

What big men you bike riders are. I admit I ride a scooter and yeah, 70kms for me is my orgasm

Seriously, what the f@@k do you fools get out of riding like a clown? Like a poster before put it, imagine that your daughter was crossing the road and you put her life out of action?

Do that in my town, I am going to find you and f@@k your shit up, tough guy!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how bizarre was just thinking the other day that yankee had been a bit quiet on here lately and then this pops up,well well my only comment is not really the right road to be doing them speeds on,glad nothing serious come from it.

funny just landed back in thailand today after being away for 6 months and been thinking what bike to get ,this will be a reminder to me to keep it calm on some of the crazy roads here,cheers

See the comments in the light that I used to be a motorcycle courier, thus I used to earn my living riding bikes.

My thoughts aren't with the OP, my thoughts are the 'other road users near death experience today'.

I've ridden my bike flat out, stomach on the tank, boots on the passenger foot pegs ... on the AutoBahn in Germany.

Time and place for everything.

2.jpg

Credit There but for the grace of God

If that tuck had been doing a U-Turn and the timing slightly different and you had ploughed into the drivers door, a Family would now be without one parent, maybe both and both the parents' death and yours would be just a headline in a newspaper.

I do not want to talk to OP for he only desserve to have his ass kicked like a little brat, but maybe we can show him also this one sad.png

and do nor forget to click on it to see better details!

attachicon.gifmoto-encastre-voiture_18208d.jpg

I'm loving these photos. It's like your own little 9/11.

I have ridden every road in Thailand, backwards.

I ride my bike blindfolded, steering by using my other senses.

I flipped my odometer, twice, on one ride.

I am so good Xbox calls me XXXbox.

When I ride, I don't always text my bar girl, but when I do, i'm already there.

how bizarre was just thinking the other day that yankee had been a bit quiet on here lately and then this pops up,well well my only comment is not really the right road to be doing them speeds on,glad nothing serious come from it.

funny just landed back in thailand today after being away for 6 months and been thinking what bike to get ,this will be a reminder to me to keep it calm on some of the crazy roads here,cheers

He probably won't post much from now on- he made the mistake of sharing an experience on this forum without realizing it was populated by expert riders (who rarely if ever post in the bike section, which is too bad as I would really like to benefit from their knowledge and technical skill)- it's too bad these scooter-riding-girl-scouts don't make more frequent appearances.

Yes, I think what Y99 did in the vid was poor judgment in that situation- I've also got a pretty good idea that he realizes it and that he knew what he was going to hear on this thread, yet he posted it anyway and was willing go take his lumps, but some of you are going on-and-on in a way that's over-the-top.

If you're a real rider, you've probably pushed your limits at times, and perhaps put yourself in danger- maybe if you lost control in that situation, you could also have endangered others- it's not something you should be doing, but the nature of the sport pulls you in pretty deep sometimes- the unending b!tching and moralizing on this thread has certainly run its course- everyone needs to make an effort to ride safely, wear their proper gear (which damned few riders in LOS do), and try not to become a statistic- everyone also needs to remember that few of us are perfect and immune from making a mistake on occasion.

• Like 2

He probably won't post much from now on- he made the mistake of sharing an experience on this forum without realizing it was populated by expert riders (who rarely if ever post in the bike section, which is too bad as I would really like to benefit from their knowledge and technical skill)- it's too bad these scooter-riding-girl-scouts don't make more frequent appearances.

Another one blaming us.

If you think guys who ride sensibly and to the conditions of the road are 'scooter-riding-girl-scouts' ... that says more about you then us.

RubberSideDown ... if you've read my posts on this thread ... you will know my street cred is good.

Good for you, David- my point is that the 'river of tears' has burst its banks- yeah, it was a poor move- we all saw it, we all get it- things happen on a motorcycle- fellow bikers don't need to continuously harp on it.

I've been riding fast bikes for over 20 years- I've made some stupid moves that I was lucky to escape unscathed from- if you haven't as well I'd be surprised- if you had one of those moves recorded, would you have posted it here, knowing you'd be subjected to a TD moralizing campaign? I doubt it- I wouldn't have.

Also, I don't have a problem with 'sensible riding'- I have a problem with so-called riders who are so perfect they've never been in a bad situation, as I don't believe them and find a lot of what they post to be hypocritical.

My take- yeah, it was a bad move- hopefully you learned from it- we all ride, and we need to try to stay safe- I sure wouldn't wish anything bad on a fellow rider, which has been done on this thread- that's the worst karma there is for a motorcyclist.

Mate, that's a balanced post ... thumbsup.gif

I understand you.

• Like 2

Good for you, David- my point is that the 'river of tears' has burst its banks- yeah, it was a poor move- we all saw it, we all get it- things happen on a motorcycle- fellow bikers don't need to continuously harp on it.

I've been riding fast bikes for over 20 years- I've made some stupid moves that I was lucky to escape unscathed from- if you haven't as well I'd be surprised- if you had one of those moves recorded, would you have posted it here, knowing you'd be subjected to a TD moralizing campaign? I doubt it- I wouldn't have.

Also, I don't have a problem with 'sensible riding'- I have a problem with so-called riders who are so perfect they've never been in a bad situation, as I don't believe them and find a lot of what they post to be hypocritical.

My take- yeah, it was a bad move- hopefully you learned from it- we all ride, and we need to try to stay safe- I sure wouldn't wish anything bad on a fellow rider, which has been done on this thread- that's the worst karma there is for a motorcyclist.

Mate, that's a balanced post ... thumbsup.gif

I understand you.

My other post was harsh, but I couldn't believe I woke up to another page of the same moralizing from the same posters, as if having had their say already wasn't enough (does Y99 need to apologize personally to them? Does he need to give up riding because of what happened? If that's the case, pretty much all if us should have packed it in at one time or another)- it wasn't meant to paint everyone with the same brush, and I don't disagree with everything people have said, or the main point in general- it's just that as a rider, I can't say I've never put myself (and potentially others) in a bad situation- I've also never had the benefit of being able to review a close call over-and-over again, let alone have others (of unknown riding habits) weigh in on it- to rip the guy a new one and make the same point continuously serves no purpose unless something helpful is being added to the mix. Edited by RubberSideDown

The moralizing comes from ones background, it's my right to disagree and try to force home the point that excessive speed is a killer, just because you own a powerful motorbike it does not give you the right to drive like a racer on public roads where your actions could endanger others, there is a time and a place for excessive speed, the op's video is disturbing, a second either way and multiple lives could have been lost or worse seriously injured with a bleak outlook on life for those involved, if people boast about excessive speed they should expect repercussions from others.

• Like 2

'Moralizing' doesn't come from a proper motorcycling background- disapassionately breaking down the situation and making a proper critique is what real riders do- they don't cry over and harp on the same point again and again and again, which serves absolutely no purpose other than giving them an opportunity to mount their 'high horse'.

• Like 2

'Moralizing' doesn't come from a proper motorcycling background- disapassionately breaking down the situation and making a proper critique is what real riders do- they don't cry over and harp on the same point again and again and again, which serves absolutely no purpose other than giving them an opportunity to mount their 'high horse'.

You are right about one thing, I do have my high horse which I will jump on every time a person boasts about what he gets up to on the road.

Edit, do you think this is wrong?

Edited by dogpoo

I had a near death experience in August; the move I made to get out of it was split second and sheer instinct. But I haven't rode simply for the fun of it since, it was that close. In my case I was pushing an inside corner to the edge of my traction and lane, when a pickup was coming the other way; cutting into my lane. I wasn't speeding, but I should have known better, that on this road people cut the corners all the time. It had happened before but this was the closest yet.

• Like 1

More than half my posts have been in this forum as well.

Beardog and a couple of other posters slate us (the vast majority) for coming down too hard on poor Yankee.... Do you want to compare saddle-time? I've been riding motorcycles for 37 years....

OP made a mistake in judgement regarding time and place. Relevant to this thread, he made another one in posting here and inviting comment.

He ain't been back once he saw the way the wind is blowin......

Could someone enlighten me as to the definition of a real biker!

Sure- it's someone who knows something about motorcycling after claiming 40 years of experience- it's someone who doesn't have to ask the same newbie questions over-and-over-and-over-and-over without being able to comprehend the answers (or asking for info that's easy to find on his own, or without asking about something that an experienced rider knows already)- it's someone who can actually contribute helpful advice once-in-a-while instead of jumping into threads without a clue and looking like a fool- it's someone that you can tell actually knows what he's doing from the content of his posts, rather than someone who flounders around and looks like a dunce in front of people that really do know.

What is boils down to is that it's someone you can have some respect for as a rider.

• Like 1

More than half my posts have been in this forum as well.

Beardog and a couple of other posters slate us (the vast majority) for coming down too hard on poor Yankee.... Do you want to compare saddle-time? I've been riding motorcycles for 37 years....

OP made a mistake in judgement regarding time and place. Relevant to this thread, he made another one in posting here and inviting comment.

He ain't been back once he saw the way the wind is blowin......

What did he expect praise maybe!

Sure- it's someone who knows something about motorcycling after claiming 40 years of experience- it's someone who doesn't have to ask the same newbie questions over-and-over-and-over-and-over without being able to comprehend the answers (or asking for info that's easy to find on his own, or without asking about something that an experienced rider knows already)- it's someone who can actually contribute helpful advice once-in-a-while instead of jumping into threads without a clue and looking like a fool- it's someone that you can tell actually knows what he's doing from the content of his posts, rather than someone who flounders around and looks like a dunce in front of people that really do know.

What is boils down to is that it's someone you can have some respect for as a rider.

So it's nothing to do with condemning other riders for doing ridiculous dangerous things? We are all different, yes it's true I know nothing about the working of a bike engine etc I just buy em and drive em, what I do know a lot about and a lot more than you is what the aftermath of accidents involve, have you actually condemned the op or have you just discussed the situation like a real biker, I am not having a pop here as far as I am concerned this is simply a discussion, if you resort to insults again it will be reported.

What did he expect praise maybe!

I doubt it...More like he knew he screwed up &

almost paid the price. Perhaps he thought he would post it

as a warning. Many here who were not to busy acting like

a supreme being already said yeah I go too fast too sometimes

for conditions & will slow after seeing this.

Let the first Sport bike rider who has not step forward now?

Anyone who has enough saddle time on a Sport Bike who does step forward

is full of sh!t if they claim they never did something they later thought

was not a good idea given conditions/roads etc.

But instead there seems to be a plethora of newbies & wanke*s

who need to make themselves feel better by throwing as many

stones as possible from their likely glass houses.

You wanted enlightenment of what a real biker is?

Easier to tell you what it is not....Take a look in the mirror.

I'm done with this thread

I look in the mirror often and I can honestly say I like what I see!!

So it's nothing to do with condemning other riders for doing ridiculous dangerous things? We are all different, yes it's true I know nothing about the working of a bike engine etc I just buy em and drive em, what I do know a lot about and a lot more than you is what the aftermath of accidents involve, have you actually condemned the op or have you just discussed the situation like a real biker, I am not having a pop here as far as I am concerned this is simply a discussion, if you resort to insults again it will be reported.

Report what? It's cowardly to constantly threaten to do that. Did I mention anyone specifically? If you see yourself in my definition that's your problem.

I gave my opinion of the incident several times on this thread- if you couldn't find post #133 (which was right above the post where you said you couldn't find it), then I can't expect you to find anything else I may have posted, but that again is your problem.

• Like 1

Report what? It's cowardly to constantly threaten to do that. Did I mention anyone specifically? If you see yourself in my definition that's your problem.

I gave my opinion of the incident several times on this thread- if you couldn't find post #133 (which was right above the post where you said you couldn't find it), then I can't expect you to find anything else I may have posted, but that again is your problem.

I didn't look for it, it's not cowardly, you have used insulting posts, when this happens my only option is to report, I would rather retaliate but I can control my emotions, cheers it's been fun, try to drive with consideration because that is part of being a real real biker!! stay safe!