sticky s**t greed or desperation

salavan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I read the story the OP offered to pay the bill minus the 15 satangs, the cashier stated he had to pay the total bill in full, he felt he was in the right and the Cashier should have let the 15 satang slide, He was wrong she demanded full payment, and he in turn gave her a 1000 baht bill, to pay the bill with and she accepted it.

What is the value of 15 satang, One cent US ? many people would not make the effort to pick a penny up off the ground, and the OP makes a Supreme Court case out of it, what a loser!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

coffee1.gif

blink.pngblink.png

Right now you are paying lesser than the actual bill amount. You need to pay full no matter how significant the amount is. She has the right to ask for full amount.

Everyone perspective is different. You may think 15 satang is small, other people will see 10baht is small, 20baht is small. In your theory, it ok not to pay that 1baht. So next time when you go different places and pay at the cashier. They can also give your change less 10 baht,20 baht or 30baht? Because they think it ok, it is small money.

You did mentioned the cashier has taken you 1 baht for the 15satang without change. YOu can also ask her for the change as well (if you want to). This should be the way. Right?

thumbsup.gif

wai2.gif

Edited by Smokemachine

Thai apologists and delusional bitters expats (we have the best example here above) can continue banging on this for as much they want, but it will not change simple facts.

OP:

actually i did offer her the 25 satang but she refused wanted it rounded up to 1 baht

Simply a case of cashier trying to keep the change, and expecting that everybody, especially foreigners, let her do. Unfortunately, the OP did.

How hard is to believe that, when we know that Thailand is the most perfect country in the world !!!

Edited by paz

The BS"s clan do not understand if they, request a service, use that service, they must pay for that service in full, so plain and simple. If they need a handout, i would flip them a US penny and they can pay the internet bill in full and keep the change, No need for crying.

Their is no such thing as a free lunch, you pay for what you get, You have the wrong country seeking hand outs, there are many Peoples Republic's here in Asia, they would may be get their handouts there.

One even must be a mind reader as he said "every" cashier has free money they can use to make up for his shortage, if you pay in full what you in fact owe, there is no shortage.

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

The way I read the story the OP offered to pay the bill minus the 15 satangs, the cashier stated he had to pay the total bill in full, he felt he was in the right and the Cashier should have let the 15 satang slide, He was wrong she demanded full payment, and he in turn gave her a 1000 baht bill, to pay the bill with and she accepted it.

What is the value of 15 satang, One cent US ? many people would not make the effort to pick a penny up off the ground, and the OP makes a Supreme Court case out of it, what a loser!

Cheers

You think the OP is a loser ? what about a man that just because he has a thai wife, thinks he MUST spend many hours on forums defending all things thai. I would say that is a loser wrapped in a very thin skin, that needs to get out a get a life. Just saying

• Like 1

Answer?

Watch the Thai soaps!

Role modeling (NOT starring) the Thai male and female finest perceptions of

* Family

* Couples

* Business

* Anger management

' Social skill (or rather the lack of)

Prohibited to watch by my children.

Nothing Amazing to watch for.

After lifetime of very positive experiences with the Dutch....you had to show up and soil the record. Surely you remember how to get back to the Nehterlands. You now seem stuck in the mentality of the nether regions. Serious personal problems. Were it not for the sake of fellow gentlemen, would have few low life words in language you no doubt would understand. In the present time, will now check the bottoms of my flips. In the event inadvertently stepped in you.