Non Immigrant Visa-renewal

Hi,just read jayenrams info on various visa's,most helpful.Have a question.My support Thai wife 12 month extension runs out in August.My local immigration office tell me that I can go into Cambodia and get another 90 day non im. visa and start the extension process again.However I am due to return to uk for a holiday late August,only for 4-6 weeks.Would it be better to get a 90day non Im visa in England or do it here and get a re-entry visa.pros and cons please.

many thanks :o

I guess this visa requirement is because of your travel during the renewal time. In that case you do not need a re-entry permit as you will not be returning in time to use it (it has the same date of expiration as your permitted to stay stamp). As you appear to be leaving before your current extension expires there is no need to obtain visa here and I would do so in the UK - return using it and then 60 days later start the extension process again.

If your departure is after your expiration date then you can also obtain the visa here and get the re-entry permit and soon after return start the process. If you obtain re-entry permit be sure to use that information in the arrival card visa area. I don't see one being better than the other but a choice of what fits your time frame.

I guess this visa requirement is because of your travel during the renewal time. In that case you do not need a re-entry permit as you will not be returning in time to use it (it has the same date of expiration as your permitted to stay stamp). As you appear to be leaving before your current extension expires there is no need to obtain visa here and I would do so in the UK - return using it and then 60 days later start the extension process again.

If your departure is after your expiration date then you can also obtain the visa here and get the re-entry permit and soon after return start the process. If you obtain re-entry permit be sure to use that information in the arrival card visa area. I don't see one being better than the other but a choice of what fits your time frame.

Many thanks for the info lopburi3.Will get the visa in uk.cheers. :o